Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Smile "The little red hen"

How many of you have the "Little Red Hen" syndrome going on in your home ??????
    You sow the seed
    you tend the crop
    you harvest the seed.... any offers of help yet ? !!!!
    you prepare the harvest....any help ???? I DON'T THINK SO
    any knockers?........ many. In fact the whole darn family knock your primal lifestyle at every turn, at every set back.........
    Okay so you have prepared this amazing food for yourself.... but..... who eats it ! EVERYONE, and the neighbours, and the pet goat........

so now 12 weeks in....still the knockers, although they are just starting to notice the weight loss, the healthier you....... just a little bit

lets watch how this unfolds......
    NOTE...The goats name is Rascal, and he is very cute, and he loves Macdonalds !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NeoSapien is offline Junior Member
    I haven't noticed this, but I do poop alot more frequently now.

great to hear - NeoSapien - that your bowels have opened up since going primal. I am presuming thats what poop means ???? !!!! Its always good to share crap stories !!!!!!
    Have had a gorgeous holiday in Australia, staying in ketosis (I think) for the whole week. Lost 1 kg, so I must be doing something right. Ate like a king all week bacon, eggs, steak, prawns etc...etc.... fantastic
    Now that I am back in little old New Zealand, time to prepare the garden for the seeds to be sown....
    Husband (top of the list knocker of the whole primal thing) enjoyed my left over bacon, eggs for lunch. I will continue to work on his unenthusiastic embracement of the whole caveman thing.
    Perhaps I should wander round in a loin cloth !!!!!!

"never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

...small steps....

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    How many of you have the "Little Red Hen" syndrome going on in your home ??????
    You sow the seed
    you tend the crop
    you harvest the seed.... any offers of help yet ? !!!!
    you prepare the harvest....any help ???? I DON'T THINK SO
    any knockers?........ many. In fact the whole darn family knock your primal lifestyle at every turn, at every set back.........
    Okay so you have prepared this amazing food for yourself.... but..... who eats it ! EVERYONE, and the neighbours, and the pet goat........
    The food is yummy, no? I don't talk "primal", or any diet philosophy. I just make the food and let them eat it. Dinners are probably 90% primal now. The rest of the diet will give way to my diabolical plan eventually. I am patient and clever and they are the victims of their own palates, lol.

Good thinking Laura.
    Yes I slip it in when I can, but they still knock the the whole lifestyle thing !!!!!!!
    I also don't buy any neolithic foods, except for the goat. Its so funny going through MacDonalds drive through and asking for the take-aways to be popped on the back of the truck.
    He turns one next month.....maybe we should have his birthday at MacDonalds ???????? LOL
    I'm not sure that they would allow goats inside !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Yayyyyyyy - I'm all booked into Primalcon 2013 ! This is sooooo exciting !

Our youngest daughter is living near Santa Claus for the year, going to school, so a perfect opportunity to duck across America to say hi. Actually one doesn't just duck across America (like we can in NZ) ! Indiana is quite a wee way from Oxnard !
    Look out America - here comes saggy baggy wrinkled gwamma - who may not be so saggy baggy after eating primal for a wee bit longer !

"never let the truth in the way of a good story"

...small steps....

Out for dinner tonight. Strawberry fair is the name of the restaurant. If you are ever in Christchurch, you must eat at this fabulous place. Steak and veges. Tender tender steak. Has to be one of the best ever, and then asparagus with garlic butter ! And for dessert...... fruit platter - hold the ice cream. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
    I shall dream of all things primal tonight.....well....foodwise, not hairy gorilla grunting ball scratching cavemen !!!!! in loin cloths !!!!! doing pullups on the staligtites ??? staligmites ???
    Ok enough already. good night

...small steps....

Beautiful morning here in Canterbury. A slight frost but spring is on its way yay. Polly, Annie and Penny - the pet sheep, are looking so rotund. They are about to lamb any day.
    Rascal the goat is helping out today on the dairy farm. He loves riding around on the four wheeler. When you turn round corners he leans in !!!!!! Very cute.
    Carrot sticks with aioli for breakfast - brilliant.
    and no hairy cavemen in my dreams last night - thank goodness !
    Off to (chain)saw up some firewood for next winter. Its gonna be a primal sort of day

...small steps....

Ok so this has sort of become my journal, but thats ok. I have just been out to feed the calves, put Tui the dog away in her kennel and do the outside evening chores. The sheep look huge, but fine, so no babies as yet.
    Tonight for dinner I think that we will have vegetarian sausages with some homemade aioli, and some fried chicken steaks. The mouth is watering already. Dessert will be frozen berries. Yum.....
    I so need to get back on track with my exersize. I was training for a 1/2 marathon, but my whole focus has changed to getting down to goal and continuing to stay healthy along the way.
    Have had some really favourable comments of late, which is great. But I need to vamp things up a little.
    So this old Gwamma is down 7kg, 19 kg to lose. I am hoping to be down another 10 by Christmas. We shall see ! Not getting too caught up on the weight loss thing...but...it feels so darn good
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 08-27-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling again !!!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    The food is yummy, no? I don't talk "primal", or any diet philosophy. I just make the food and let them eat it. Dinners are probably 90% primal now. The rest of the diet will give way to my diabolical plan eventually. I am patient and clever and they are the victims of their own palates, lol.

Laura you are so right. I am trying to follow this strategy too, but am probably not so patient or clever as you. Do you have any particular hints for getting a husband and children on board?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast