Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 9

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh Gwamma - these men in our lives: HARD WORK! That is interesting about the excema responding so well to coconut oil. My wee boy is going through a rough patch excema wise ATM, and I've been lathering him up with Aqueos cream, might give the old coconut oil a go tonight. I've also noticed with my son that he has a direct correlation with excema breakouts and stress/viral illness too, so getting your hubby's immune system up and going and focussing on that BP control might help him out in more ways than one?

Maybe you need a new GP? Put the word out there (talk to friends) and see if anyone in your area is a little less 'western medicine' and little more 'alternative'. I just discovered that there is a Paleo GP in New Plymouth a few weeks back, although I think she works from a small practice and I prefer a big centre with lots of on call services, so I might consider changing if I ever have the need of a GP - currently about once a year.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanx for the support Lizzie Lou. I am convinced that sugar exacerbates DH eczema, as well as middle daughters, but she wont try the coconut oil. You can lead a horse to water ......
    anyway DH having fasting cholesterol today. Am hoping it has improved since last time.
    I do think that we need to change Dr's, however I just don't go to the doctor.
    I will do some homework on a paleo/primal GP. YOu never know.....someone on this forum might just know someone down here in CHCH.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Well DH loves his little packets of scroggin !!!!!! Yay. I have suggested thou that only one packet / day, or next he will have the scours !
    Am tube feeding two new calves this morning, so I am hoping that they get a wee bit stronger. Managed to mother two lambs onto a ewe who lost hers in the storm, so am down to 4 pet lambs. The lamb-a-teria is working very well, so quite low maintanence which is great. I can't get rid of little friendly hairy shaker lamb. He is so cute. However the Vet has suggested that sometimes they up and die for no reason, at about three months. I am hoping that this doesn't happen.
    Anyway all, have the best day
    G

...small steps....

Tonight I made primal Butter chicken (was posted in Annies Journal), fan-tas-tic !!!! Everyone loved it, so I will be definately making that one again.
    All the animals great tonight, and little Rascal, the pet goat, went to McDonalds for a treat ! He so loves that crap !!!!!!
    My hives have finally disappeared - thank goodness. I am convinced that they were from the peanuts that I ate last week. I won't be having them again in a hurry.
    Bedtime - sweet dreams
    G

...small steps....

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Hi New Zealand Primal G,
    Nice post you have here!
    I'm glad to see that you're still hanging around, (and I'll have to nick that Butter Chicken recipe, now that I'm here!)
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Charlie, thanx for visiting my journal. Its really just a great big blogging rant about nothin !!!!!!!!
    but sometimes its great to vent, rant, dump etc....
    Butter chicken recipe, I think it was in Annies journal, but I will get back to you on that one
    G

...small steps....

Wow what an absolutely gorgeous day here in canterbury. I had lunch out with a group of friends at the mud house winery. Beautiful food, and they adjusted my dish to fit my lifestyle - so all in all a great occassion. Our little grandson is loving being at Gwammas and Gag-gags, so thank goodness for that. I am not planning on driving him home until wednesday, all the way to Fairlie.
    Absolutely nothing to report down under. The birds are singing, the daffodils are in bloom, the wee ducklings have hatched (18 of them), and little hairy shaker lamb is finally starting to drink from the lamb-a-teria without my assistance,
    so everything at this moment is ticking away nicely........
    ok so whats the saying?.......... now watch somebody come along and muck it up, or does that word start with another letter ????? LOL

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Bliss.

Ok just checking in. Little grandson has been a pleasure to have. I am taking him home tomorrow. Was wanting to take the naughty little red car for a run, but I don't think hood down - car seat in the front - 2 year old in said car seat - would go down well with the NZ police !!!!
    ....so will just have to take t'other car.... ho hum
    I am feeling a little dejected today with my whole ketosis, weight loss thing. I need to get motivated exersize and food wise. Its not that I have been eating anything other than primal - in fact my only naughty food - is cream in my morning coffee - and thats not really naughty !!!!!, but I just need to get back on a losing streak.
    I finally have my sleeping sorted, and I feel so deprived if I am woken in the night now........ but I really need to get out in the sunshine and do some sprinting etc....
    so i might start my own little whole 30 focusing on a couple of habits that I need to create !!!!!
    maybe tomorrow ???!!!!

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I SO need to vent !!!!
    I don't know how it goes in other countries but here in little old New Zealand we have a speed limit of 100km/hour.....So like all good fun loving grandparents I drive at about 105km. I set the little thingy on the steering wheel and off I go !!!! End of - but today on my trip down to Fairlie.... I get in behind ....yes a man driver, a youngish 30 something male driver....who is piddling along at 85km. I can't pass because the CHCH-Ashurton road is so busy.....so I wait patiently for the passing lane, and off I go to overtake....but.....I look down at my speedometer and am doing 120km !!!!! WTF ???????
    so I slow down to my 105, and this absolute nimrod does the same. It took me 3 passing lanes to finally get up the courage to pass this idiot at an incredibly BIG speed (hoping mr Policeman isn't coming that other way), and by then my temper was quite flayed ( and I don't lose my temper very often)....so I didn't even look at the guy... because I possibly would have given him "THE ONE FINGERED SALUTE " !!!!!!
    so what is it with people who do this ????? Psychology lesson please !!!!
    love and best wishes from a much more calm, cool Gwamma
    x

...small steps....

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast