Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 8

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, we had one hell of a hail/lightening/thunder storm yesterday afternoon. And then it absolutely poured down. Hard frost this morning also, so not such a great night for the wee lambs. My 6 that I am bottle feeding were fine tucked up in bed, but a few in the paddock succumbed to the nasty weather.
    Beautiful day today, so everything sunning themselves.
    I haven't been officially counting carbs the last few days, but the scale is still reducing. I am hoping that I am finally getting a feel for the ratios.
    If I continue to sustain this weight loss then yes !
    So am down 18 lbs, 41 lbs to go. Wow thats nearly 1/3 down. Yehaa
    heres to lesser of me
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Sad for your little lambs, glad for your weight loss. Good effort!

I am so excited DH has just taught me how to properly sharpen knives. I mean with the stone etc.... I am now using some pretty sharp knives which is fantastic.
    On a more serious note, DH is not primal by any means - however I am slowly turning his head. He is losing weight thou, which he cannot afford to do. How do I keep the weight up for him ?
    I thought that today when in CHCH I will buy some ingreds to make some scroggin, so as he can snack on that when hungry. I thought maybe some dark chocolate, nuts, dries fruit etc...
    He does eat well, but has cut out sugary biscuits, and ice cream. Thats all that it has taken for him to lose. Althou he was eating a shit load of ice cream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    H-E-L-P !!!!!!

...small steps....

SleepingLion is offline Junior Member
    Maybe your DH just needs to eat more in general?
    But since he was eating lots of ice cream - try blending some Clearwater "Cream Top" Yoghurt (Raeward stock it in 740 & 2L, some New World's carry it, Riccarton Farmers Market on Saturdays - it's just full cream milk and culture), with some coconut cream / milk (I recommend Ayam brand, international foods section in Countdown - really yummy stuff) along with frozen berries, maybe a splash of vanilla, some cocoa... Try it - goes down very well!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I agree with sleepinglion, fill him up with some nice big portions and plenty of good fatty foods. Go for a cooked breakfast, with bacon and eggs and cheese etc along with some vege to fill the gaps. Have some cream cheese around for snacks (on crackers for him or with celery/carrot sticks for you. Nuts are great and fairly high cal, you could also start using nut butters (I love Mac Snack) or ground almonds in baking.

What is it with these men folk and their weight loss? My 6 year old is the same, about 3 times a year someone will come to me and say that they are concerned about him as he looks like an ethiopian! All it takes is a cold or this year chicken pox, and wham he looses 2 kg - just like that! Crazy unfair (he clearly did not inherit this trait from his mother).

SleepingLion - Love your avatar, are they burmese? We have two Tonkinese in similar colours too, one blue and one Seal.

SleepingLion is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    SleepingLion - Love your avatar, are they burmese? We have two Tonkinese in similar colours too, one blue and one Seal.
    Thanks Lizzielou, yes they are Burmese, chocolate and seal, two of my three troublemakers! The Tonkinese are beautiful cats too, maybe one day....

hey thanx guys. I missed this before I went into CHCH, but back again tomorrow for a mammogram.....yay....so will stock up on some more then. DH has just arrived home, found all the different brands of dark chocolate, and into it - quick as !!!!!!!! So I am hoping he will enjoy the scroggin that I make him !
    Off to make dinner
    G

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I am so excited DH has just taught me how to properly sharpen knives. I mean with the stone etc.... I am now using some pretty sharp knives which is fantastic.
    On a more serious note, DH is not primal by any means - however I am slowly turning his head. He is losing weight thou, which he cannot afford to do. How do I keep the weight up for him ?
    I thought that today when in CHCH I will buy some ingreds to make some scroggin, so as he can snack on that when hungry. I thought maybe some dark chocolate, nuts, dries fruit etc...
    He does eat well, but has cut out sugary biscuits, and ice cream. Thats all that it has taken for him to lose. Althou he was eating a shit load of ice cream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    H-E-L-P !!!!!!
    That is so unfair! I guess the way to stop losing is to add in carbs and fat together eg butter on his veges, potatoes with sour cream, dried fruit and nuts sound good, cheese on everything, bacon with anything.

So why has he cut out the biscuits and icecream? Sounds like he needed the calories. Could you make homemade icecream with frozen bananas. Or with eggs and real cream?

Real whipped cream is good on anything - baked bananas, baked apples, fresh fruit salad.

Bananas and cream cheese blended together with some berries, cinnamon and vanilla make a good cheesecake filling.

Coconut cream jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingLion View Post
    Maybe your DH just needs to eat more in general?
    But since he was eating lots of ice cream - try blending some Clearwater "Cream Top" Yoghurt (Raeward stock it in 740 & 2L, some New World's carry it, Riccarton Farmers Market on Saturdays - it's just full cream milk and culture), with some coconut cream / milk (I recommend Ayam brand, international foods section in Countdown - really yummy stuff) along with frozen berries, maybe a splash of vanilla, some cocoa... Try it - goes down very well!
    Sleeping Lion, that sounds delicious.

PrimalCon New York
    DH has had a really high blood pressure for a while now, and his cholesterol is way up there. CW DR (who constantly fobbed me off before going primal, and I haven't seen him since) - thinks he needed to lose weight ?????? He is 6" and now 78 kg. This may not sound too bad, but he is actually just all muscle, and as skinny as. This is from years of hard work on the farm, He also suffers from Depression and anxiety (that is managed with medication). I have noticed since he has cut back on his sugary stuff that he doesn't snore as much and I have also noticed that I don't get whacked as much at night ! He has some horrendous dreams. Usually one of the daughters getting chased by a snake ?????
    I don't agree with the doctor about him losing weight, but I do agree that we need to get his cholesterol and B/P down.
    He is sort of on board with some things but not with others. I have popped a few articles in front of his nose but because he is so busy - he never quite gets round to reading them, so is still sceptical about some things primal.
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to have a heart pouring episode - but sometimes we girls have to help our men - help themselves !!!!!!!!!
    I have also noticed that his eczema isn't as bad since cutting back sugar. I also rubbed some coconut oil on it t'other day, and it appeared to get a little better ????
    Anyway just a frustrated rant !!!!!!
    G

...small steps....

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast