Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 7

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanx Annie, I did sleep well thank you, and another bright wonderful day has dawned. DH did some more homework on the hairy shaker disease, and it is caused by a virus. We have been advised to euthanaise all lambs that are born with this condition ! AS IF !!!!!!!!!!!!! They are drinking, they are all/bar one, on their shakey little feet. Their mum loves them ....so.....
    Anyways am down another .5 kg so far this week. I am doing something right !!!!!!!

have the best day and this old Gwamma is off to clesn up.... then into Rangiora to get more milk powder, colostrum powder etc......

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    We petted my sister's littlest lamb today, so cute, especially seeing it try to skip. It is being bottle fed but the other two are with their mum and also doing well. All the best to your hairy shakers, they are lucky to have you and not someone keener to cull them. Congrats on the weight loss, still on track!
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.

hmmmmmm what symptoms does one get when one has a peanut allergy ?????
    For three days this last week I have had a small handful of peanuts. I realise they are not primal, but they were there, I was hungry and I needed to get back out to sort out sheep. Each night there-after I have been really itchy in bed. Like a horrible tingling itch. I didn't have any yesterday and no itch. I am not sure if I am reading into this one or not. I have eaten peanuts for years, but not since going primal 5 months ago. very interesting !

Off to bottle feed the 6 lambs, and continue to teach them to drink from the lamb-a-teria, that I made, then away to Oxford to run/walk in the 7km race.
    I shall wish me luck !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Have a great race.

Oh Annie, it was awful !!!!!
    I haven't done much exersize at all over the last few months, but began strong, in fact I was the first woman. Didn't see any indication where the 7km walkers turned , so carried on with the flow. WRONG !!!! I ended up doing 12km, and not so good for this old unfit body. I was gutted. So I nicely suggested at the end of the race, could they possibly have a big sign saying 7km runners/walkers here, 12 km there etc..... The woman was really grumpy at me and I felt really bad that I said anything. The I was given a sachet of porridge, a tin of pasta sauce, and some coffee.
    So my day hasn't gone quite to plan, and my feet are sore from walking too far in my vibrams, without enough training !
    This afternoon it is Rascal the goats first birthday party, and he is in seventh heaven. He loves chippies, and loolies, cake lollypops....... so is gorging himself on all these fantastic Neolithic foods !!!!!!!
    anyway heres to a serious attempt to get fit, so next time I have to walk 12km - it will be easier !!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Oh Annie, it was awful !!!!!
    I haven't done much exersize at all over the last few months, but began strong, in fact I was the first woman. Didn't see any indication where the 7km walkers turned , so carried on with the flow. WRONG !!!! I ended up doing 12km, anyway heres to a serious attempt to get fit, so next time I have to walk 12km - it will be easier !!!!!
    Oh Gwamma, sorry for laughing, but wow 12km! You did great. You will be sore tomorrow, that's for sure, I am so sorry that it was such an ordeal. You were also right to say something, I mean if they want people to participate they should organise it well and look after you.

12km! Fantastic (even if it was unintentional).

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I went grocery shopping today - $158, I will see how long it lasts. (There are three of us). I am still trying to determine if this way of eating is more expensive or not, but people keep leaving home and coming back so it is difficult to tell.
    It lasted five days ie Mon-Fri. Then I had to spend another $50 on eggs, milk, bacon, meat, apples to see us through the weekend. So the cupboards are close to bare again but we have eaten well and it's back to the supermarket tomorrow.

I can so hear what you are saying. I am constantly at countdown. Big bonus is that we can collect stamps again, for glasswear !
    Yep....I feel like I have been run over by a bus this morning. Had a terrible night with diahorrea, so not quite sure if I have caught something, or walked the race toooooo hard. Honestly I went hard out !!!!!
    Off to feed our little band of lambs, and then its computer work - all day !
    Yay - NOT

...small steps....

$155 again today, but there were a just a few non-food items there so let's say $145. Plenty meat and dairy, fruit, some veges, almonds and olives. Didn't take long to put away, that's for sure.

Isn't it interesting how we don't go down may of the isles anymore. I find it great. Its a little like a millitary operation - get in - find what you are looking - get out ! done and dusted quick as !!!!!!
    brilliant

...small steps....

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast