Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 6

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Annie I so cannot believe the rubbish that my lot eat - and they are still hungry.....

Am having a really hungry day today !
    Well, of course now we know from our own experience, don't we, that eating too many carbs causes the cravings to increase. No wonder they are always hungry. I see it now, and wish I had realised it when my children were smaller, it used to drive me mad having to feed them every couple of hours. If only I had been savvy to give them enough protein and fat, they would surely have lasted longer.

As for your hungry day, perhaps it's the cold? I had a hungry day yesterday, I put it down to two things, having a workout in the morning and then instead of a decent lunch had one snack after another the rest of the afternoon. Overall I probably ate no more food, but I should have got it all together and had a proper meal.

Hi Lizzie Lou, doesn't the mountain look gorgeous now?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Not so hungry today...but did I enjoy those pork bellies !!!! and cream !!!!! and nuts !!!!!
    The triplets are doing really well. I bought some colostrum mix yesterday, so hopefully after 24 hours I can put them onto regular lambs milk. They are so cute, and then they grow up !!!! althou our pet sheep are lovely. Candy is not looking too flash today. Sad really.
    Ok ladies I need some ideas for protein lunches. My sister is a nurse and flats during the week in a city. She only has a microwave to prepare her lunches, and needs more lunch ideas. I have suggested boiled eggs mashed in butter, but she hasn't got a hob to boil the eggs - so any ideas, appart from the obvious nuts, smoked salmon, smoked chicken etccc
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I always scramble my eggs in the microwave, just pop them into a pyrex jug with a little milk or cream, scramble up with a fork and microwave in 1 minute bursts stirring inbetween.

Or maybe a mug cake? Sometimes I have these for breakfast. Use the pyrex jug (a 1 or 2 cup is a good size) and chuck in an egg, half a mashed banana, four tablespoons of almond meal/flax seed, 1tablespoon of nut butter, 2 tablespoons of butter and then flavour of some discription (cocoa powder, sultanas, cinnamon, vanilla whatever).

Oh some of that 'paleo bread' would be good too. I think there is a recipe on the 'recipe's' thread titled coconut bread at the moment. I make mine in a latex loaf tin in the microwave.

Thanx lizzielou. I shall pass these onto her. I am sure she will have a microwave at work ?

...small steps....

Dinner leftovers can be reheated in the microwave. Make sure to cook an extra helping and just dish them into a lunch box at the same time you dish dinner.

Meat and vege soup (make a big batch at the weekend in the slowcooker) refrigerate or freeze in portions and reheat in the microwave, or fill a thermos.

Quiche. Make a big one and take a slice daily, with salad on the side, or make muffin sized mini quiches.

A cute idea is line a muffin tin with a thin slice of bacon, break in a whole egg, bake in the oven till set. You could make a batch and take a couple each day.

Thank you. I shall pass on the ideas to my sister.
    A really sad morning. We have had to euthinase Candy. She got really sick, and no amount of antibiotic and intervention helped. The most humane thing was to stop her suffering any more. So I am rather sad today.
    I also had to pull a breach lamb yesterday. It has survived, but its twin had a head back which I couldn't turn - in utero. So we had to put that wee mum down as well. I tried, but their isn't alot of room in a wee two-tooths womb.
    This morning I have found a suspected spastic lamb in the paddock. I have tube fed it, but it is not moving its back legs. Mum is nowhere to be found. I suspect she has dumped it.....so I now have 5 babies to feed. yay - not ! this is just not our year !!!!!
    Anyway am now off to make a lamb-a-teria. Wish me luck !!!!!

...small steps....

Good luck! And sorry for your losses. My sister has triplet lambs on her farmlet too, we hope to go visit them soon.

Thanx Annie. I wouldn't mind so much if we only had a few to lamb. Unfortunately/ or fortunately depending on our remaining luck............ we still have 50 odd ewes to lamb !
    Another wee problem that I woke up this morning with...is....little pusey hive things over my arms. Only a dozen or so, but these may have gotten infected when I lambed the Ewe. So have washed with salty water, after soap, but not sure if that is going to help, especially now that i can see another wee Two-tooth having trouble. Today might be a repeat of yesterday, however one would hope not !!!!!
    I shall keep you posted
    G

...small steps....

Well what an awful repeat of yesterday. I am not eating much because I am too busy lambing problem ewes, and feeding mis-mothered lambs ! Havn't felt hungry thou.....so could mean I definately am fat adapted !!!!
    We are having alot of hairy lambs, who are shaking, almost appear spastic ! DH thinks it may be an iodine deficency, official name hairy shaker syndrome ??? !!!
    So I had to help this poor Ewe give birth today. She already had one little hairy shaking thing, then I pulled another two....both hairy ( like goats ) and shaking. I have milked her, and tube fed the lambs. I do not know if they will survive, but two of them are on their feet....so who knows. DH seems to think that you cannot reverse this condition, so time will tell. Yesterdays spastic lamb has the same condition, so obviously a deficency in the soil. Their are quite a few hairy lambs born this year ??? and 3 black ones so far. Not sure what is happening. I had to pull yet another tonight, and she also has a prolapse, so lambing this season has not been that positive. It can only get better !!!!
    Am off to bed now, battered and bruised. The last Ewe was a wee wild one! went through a fence or two, ran into me a couple of times, but anyway thats life - down on the farm !!!!!
    Good night - G

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What a day!! I can tell you I would not be cut out for that type of work/lifestyle. Glad someone is!

I hope things will be brighter in the morning. Sleep well.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast