Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 5

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    chocolate valentino, flourless chocolate cake bellatrix nutrition

Came across this link to flourless chocolate cake though I haven't tried it myself so can't personally recommend it - yet.

Also found another one somewhere (maybe on here) that was just kumara, nutmeg and lots of eggs. It looked feasible so I might give it a go too.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie, thanx for all these recipes. I shall give the truffles a definate try. I also wondered about playing around with chocolate, nuts and dried fruit? I don't eat any chocolate, but alot of people on this forum do......so maybe that would be the way for me to go, I need to do some research.
    Penny had triplets this morning, and another nameless Ewe with twins. All happy !!!!!
    Big weigh in tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how much loss this week.
    heres to ....less of me !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I don't eat any chocolate, )
    What? I didn't know such people existed!!!!!

Eagerly awaiting your weighin report

Thanx Annie, it has been one very interesting week !!!! .....2.5 kg down. I am stoked with that result. I might try and ditch the wine this week to see if I continue to lose. Watch this space.

Poor old Penny has blood in her udder this morning. So I may have to comp feed her triplets. Have dosed her with antibiotics, but sometimes these big milking Ewes, don't respond. Here is hoping that we have caught it early enough.
    We are expecting snow overnight. Not really very exciting at this time of year, however it hasn't arrived yet, and it just may NOT !!!!!
    I bought myself a Mandolin over the weekend, so am gonna spice up my food....and.....am off into CHCH to buy the last few ingredients to make my own handcream. Should be fun

have the best day all

Gwamma. x

...small steps....

Fantastic result - and while still drinking wine. Onward to good health and slimness!

Oh your poor ewe, all the best for looking after her.

And, a Mandolin!! How very cool. Do you know how to play it? What other instruments do you have?

I went grocery shopping today - $158, I will see how long it lasts. (There are three of us). I am still trying to determine if this way of eating is more expensive or not, but people keep leaving home and coming back so it is difficult to tell.

Well, happy healthy eating to you,
    A

Thanx Annie, I think it was called a mandolin ! Its for slicing and dicing veges etc.... so sorry not the guitar kind. I am trying however to learn the guitar, and I have very recently purchased a gorgeous baby grand...but can't play very well. I love music thou.
    Good luck with the shopping. I am spending far too much on groceries, because I am the only one primal. So they all add their own goodies to the list. I should refuse to buy, but we are talking husband (57), daughter (25) and boyfriend (30).....so I suppose I can't force them too much.
    I do find it ironic that they all eat the bacon and eggs, steak, salads etccc... and then the crap food ontop of that. Choices !
    oops sorry just checked the appliance...it is called a mandoline (with an E). Sorry my bad !!!!! G

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I do find it ironic that they all eat the bacon and eggs, steak, salads etccc... and then the crap food ontop of that. Choices !
    oops sorry just checked the appliance...it is called a mandoline (with an E). Sorry my bad !!!!! G
    Yes, choices. My eyes boggled at Sunday's potluck lunch to see my dh take no fewer than FIVE different desserts onto his plate - pavlova, cheesecake, mallowpuff, cream donut and an icing bun!!!!! Don't think I missed anything. Even the 11yo had two helpings. Where do they put it all? That's more sugar than I would eat in a week. Actually, I really don't eat sugar at all. Even though there weren't many primal choices for lunch, I wasn't tempted by that stuff one bit. I just came home and had a healthy snack as well.

Have fun with the mandoline, lol.

PS I play piano and flute.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies

Just catching up on your weekly weightloss Gwamma - nice job again! Although I am of 'normal' weight I'd love to loose a few kgs, but even on Primal its not happening. I think my body is quite happy where it is, so there's no fighting it to try and look like Kate Moss!

How are the lambies coping with the cold snap so far Gwamma? Its got that 'snowing on the mountain' feel here this morning (you know that bone aching cold?), and I can't see the mountain for dodgy brownish black clouds. Brrrrrr......

My favourite chocolate is Whittakers Dark Ghanna, but this is only about 62% cocoa, so has a bit more sugar than I'd like. Otherwise I always go with Green and Blacks or Lindt, but they are much more expensive.

Hello everyone. Lizzie lou, lambing not going so well. Holly the sheep stole another sheeps lamb, before lambing and then she went and had three more herself. So busy in her little camp. They all seem to be doing ok. Then today Candy had triplets as well, and she has absolutely no milk, so I am now tube feeding one and bottle feeding two of the wee things. They are so cute. !!!!!!!
    Annie I so cannot believe the rubbish that my lot eat - and they are still hungry..... but I am not stressing about it like I used to. They choose to eat that way and I choose to eat my way ....simple.
    My husband, darling man said to me yesterday - " oh, you can't eat that, can you. I said "I choose not to eat it darling man ! "
    Am having a really hungry day today ! I have found that losing 2.5 kg in one week is a little much for this old body and I am really really hungry today. So I have ditched the ratios and am eating all sorts of fat, protein etc... Am loving it, and I will start tracking again tomorrow ????? but only if the old body says.... the time is right.
    I so need to get back into some daily exersize. I am being so lazy at the moment - anyway tomorrow is another day - and I shall make some plans ...........
    sorry about my ramblings, but have had a red wine already !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 09-11-2012 at 11:51 PM.

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow sounds like you are going to be so busy feeding those wee babes! My son went to a friends house after school today to visit their new lambs, he's totally in love with them.

Sounds like you are onto a good thing with giving your body a break from all that weight loss. I am always an advocate for listening to your body, it really does know what it wants, we just forget to follow the hints sometimes. My body is always telling me to have a glass of wine each night too! Don't know what that's about......

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast