Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 4

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanx Annie, I think that I just might stick with it for a wee bit longer !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Friday has dawned, much like yesterday - wind, wind and more wind !
    The scale is down 2 kgs this week, and officially the week ends monday morning ? Thats huge !!!!! Obviously this adjusted macros equation is working for me.
    However lets not get too excited just yet. Lets try this for another week first...then another...

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    you're right, that IS huge. Well done, Gwamma. It is so exciting to test out a scheme and have it work so well and so quickly! I just cannot believe how fast the changes come with this way of eating.

A warm welcome to your wee lambs, too.

Thanx Annie. Another three sets of twins this morning, one succumbed. So this ewe who has had two, but one dead - wants to pinch anothert lamb !!!!! i have just left them to it ? best to let them sort out their own squabbles.

have the best day

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gwamma - nice work with the blood results and weight loss for the week.

Thanx Lizzielou. How is everything in your camp ?

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    All good, but very wet!

Looking forward to getting the weekend underway.

Yes I agree totally. Have the best weekend and take the redbands with you !

...small steps....

Another loss this am. Wooo Hooo !!!!!!! and I had a huge glass of wine last night !!!!
    The nor'west wind has been howling all night. It almost looks like we will get some rain today ! yay the nor'west sucks all the moisture out of the ground, so a little rain would be great !
    My knee is a little sore this morning. I noticed it hurting in Aussie the other week, and now its sore again. I am not sure why ? I can't remember hurting it in any way or form ? Perhaps I need an excuse not to run ????
    Have a dear friend who has just undergone a major new hip op. He comes home today. I cooked him a CW chocolate cake last night, full of sugar, flour and sh-t, but I feel like a fraud. They eat CW foods, and I am trying to empty my cupboards of this stuff. I don't want to throw it away, and I am not tempted by any of it - but I still feel like a fraud ! I will also take a primal casserole - so a slight balancing of my guilty thoughts !
    Does anyone have a decent cake recipe using LSA or similar, without flour/sugar ???? Are baking soda and baking powder primal ????
    I would love your thoughts on baking for friends without the feeling like a fraud thing !
    I realise that meat dishes are easy, and maybe in the future I should stick to these, but thoughts please !!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Another loss this am. Wooo Hooo !!!!!!! and I had a huge glass of wine last night !!!!
    The nor'west wind has been howling all night. It almost looks like we will get some rain today ! yay the nor'west sucks all the moisture out of the ground, so a little rain would be great !
    My knee is a little sore this morning. I noticed it hurting in Aussie the other week, and now its sore again. I am not sure why ? I can't remember hurting it in any way or form ? Perhaps I need an excuse not to run ????
    Have a dear friend who has just undergone a major new hip op. He comes home today. I cooked him a CW chocolate cake last night, full of sugar, flour and sh-t, but I feel like a fraud. They eat CW foods, and I am trying to empty my cupboards of this stuff. I don't want to throw it away, and I am not tempted by any of it - but I still feel like a fraud ! I will also take a primal casserole - so a slight balancing of my guilty thoughts !
    Does anyone have a decent cake recipe using LSA or similar, without flour/sugar ???? Are baking soda and baking powder primal ????
    I would love your thoughts on baking for friends without the feeling like a fraud thing !
    I realise that meat dishes are easy, and maybe in the future I should stick to these, but thoughts please !!!!
    Woohoo on your continuing loss, you are in the zone! Sorry about your knee.

About the chocolate cake, hmm, I know how you feel BUT your friend will appreciate it nevertheless. If you make something a bit unusual or not sweet enough and the person doesn't like it then you have wasted good ingredients.

I recently did primal treats for Father's Day - just made truffle like balls by processing dates/LSA/cocoa/coconut/butter and rolling into little balls and chill in the fridge. Can also use coconut oil, no doubt it would work with sultanas and other substitutes too, I just used what I had and they are yummy.

For school camp I sent along ricebubble slice - butter/honey/ricies. Not completely primal but no wheat or sugar so near enough for kids' treats I felt and not expensive either.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast