Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What a glorious day here in Nouvelle Zealande. Slight frost going on, but clear skies, so I suspect that this pre spring day will be a good one.
    Am having an awful time trying to figure some things out with these computers. I am so illiterate its scarey. Our eldest Grandson turns three in October, so I have decided to give him my old computer. He will be able to teach me "puter" stuff soon - I hope.
    I have tried to set up an album, but just cannot work that one out !
    Have just fed the calves, and one has a huge boil on his behind....so.....guess what this old Gwamma has been doing this morning already. Yep... lancing, extracting and flushing out said probiscus! Poor little pusey frella !!!!!!!
    Breaky time, and I might just have some bacon and eggs !!!!
    be good
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

What a glorious day here in Nouvelle Zealande. Slight frost going on, but clear skies, so I suspect that this pre spring day will be a good one.
    Am having an awful time trying to figure some things out with these computers. I am so illiterate its scarey. Our eldest Grandson turns three in October, so I have decided to give him my old computer. He will be able to teach me "puter" stuff soon - I hope.
    I have tried to set up an album, but just cannot work that one out !
    Have just fed the calves, and one has a huge boil on his behind....so.....guess what this old Gwamma has been doing this morning already. Yep... lancing, extracting and flushing out said probiscus! Poor little pusey frella !!!!!!!
    Breaky time, and I might just have some bacon and eggs !!!!
    be good

...small steps....

Another glorious day dawned, said pus has again been extracted from little calfs behind, and have been for a jog/walk/sprint !!!! Only managed 1/2 an hour, but the more I wear these five fingered runners - the more I love them ! I am noticing that my ankles are becoming stronger, and I think that I am even walking more upright ?
    Have I finally progressed from a Homo-Habilis to a Homo-Erectus ?

Am off to check Penny and the crew to see if any lambs have been born overnight. I so love this time of year.
    Mother duck and her wee nest of eggs are laying undisturbed in the undergrowth. I will be most upset if Billy the cat hunts them down - however that is the circle of life.
    My sniffle has turned into a full on drip, so made a huge pot of chicken broth. I have just picked the bones and grissle out and made some soup with celery and kelp salt. Best darn soup ever !!!!!!!

Vitamin D here I come

...small steps....

I am now getting quite frustrated. I thought that I was off my plateau, but sadly am not. I have done some lurking about in the posts - sorry guys- and found some really interesting posts from Paleo Bird, our own Kiwi Zoe and another guy that I have forgotten his name - but was promoting longer IF's. It is so interesting researching, impementing and experimenting with our own lives, and thank goodness we have others that have gone before us !!!!!
    So thank you to the many wonderful post-ers out in this big MDA cyberworld. I shall implement and experiment and see where I end up.
    Am in the process of working out my calories for the day, and the ratios that I shall try.
    Am thinking that 1400 C with a 40 P/15 C/45 F split might be a good starting point. So here I go.......

Still no babies, but the tums are huge !!!!!

...small steps....

Zoebird is the official blog name of our own kiwi guru. Well worth a visit to her blogs

...small steps....

The first day of spring has begun with a grey sky, a computer issue, and a renewed enthusiasm for my primal lifestyle. I am gonna beat this plateau thing - so today is the day to begin. Yesterday i mucked about with the calculator and today I just might be understanding it a little better.
    Calfs pusey bottom all cleared up, and still no baby lambs ! What is the go girls ?
    Maybe I should take them for a run with me ?
    We now have 5 ducks hanging around the property, Not sure how this will pan out come duck shooting season next year ???? !!!!
    Anyway off to create a food diary

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good morning Gwamma, good luck with your renewed efforts to break through your plateau. I am sorry that you do not get the family support that you could do with, it's amazing how hard it is for others to grasp the concepts behind primal. They make so much sense to me, but it's really hard to explain them other people in a logical way before they zone out. Especially those closest to us.

However, I do agree it is so true they will eat the food if we cook it!!!! Leftovers for breakfast used to be my domain, but I can see the day coming when I will have to get up earlier if I don't want to miss out. Either that, or make sure to cook double in the evenings.

Anyway, have a great and healthy spring day. A.

No lambs yet. This is very frustrating for this old Gwamma, who loves to get in and help if all turns to custard.... having said that its best when the births are all natural !
    SHEEP may 2011 024.jpg

yay have managed to post a photo of the girls - big buxom lasses !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 09-01-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add text

...small steps....

Well another lovely day coming to an end. Day 1 of adjusting my fat/protein/carb ratios. Feel great, especially finding fitday ! Much easier to adjust macros on a computer.
    Yesterday was meant to be day 1, but turned a wee bit custard like towards the end, so another beginning !
    I shall give this 70gm fat/52gm carb/140gm protein split a full week to see if it works for me. Thats working on a 1400 Calorie regime, not taking into account exersize. I am hoping it will kick start my loss again
    Anyways onwards towards skinnywards !!!!

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I shall give this 70gm fat/52gm carb/140gm protein split a full week to see if it works for me. Thats working on a 1400 Calorie regime, not taking into account exersize. I am hoping it will kick start my loss again
    Anyways onwards towards skinnywards !!!!
    Here's hoping it will work beyond your wildest dreams - all that calculating sounds a bit complex for me. Would you post a menu plan so I can see how that works out in practice?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast