Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: "The little red hen" page 17

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi NZ primal G!
    I haven't seen your posts in a bit, and hope you're well.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie - how are you my darling wee friend. yep I have been around, however have laid this thread to rest. I should revive, but I think I post enough on the Kiwi thread....and other threads.....much to the annoyance of others !!!!! LOL
    I hope that you had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas and New Year with family and friends. I cannot believe how quickly the feastive season has come and gone....won't be long til the next one !!!!!

Anyway Charlie take care
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Right - I am going to get my wee thread back up and running - just to be accountable.

I am finding it interesting to read some of the argumentative threads. Some of the criticism I find quite thought provoking - in a common sense kind of way. I have been at this since July of last year and initially I lost weight. However weight wasn't my only issue. Being unwell for three years was. This reversed so quickly I couldn't believe it, and now the only times I have really felt unwell are when I eat sugar/grains/processed food.
    So in some ways I must remember to focus on this huge positive......
    ...............however I still need to lose about 20 kgs.
    The question to myself is
    what was I doing initially that allowed me to lose weight ?
    Its time for me to pull out my food diaries and revamp...................

...small steps....

............... so I have analysed and digested said food diaries from way way back and have come up with the following.
    Many years ago I did a diet called sureslim, and it was the only "diet" that worked. I lost 10 kgs in a very short window - however I was forever hungry, so my old habits crept back in. As Otzi said and I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him
    "When you finally reach your goal, however you are eating when you do...that is how you must eat forever more to maintain that new weight.
    You can't diet your way down to a goal weight and expect to stay there if you start eating more. With that in mind, every little tweak you make to your diet needs to be sustainable long-term."

So I think that Otzi has a very valid point.
    Gorbag also made a valid recommendation and once again I will quote "eat one pound of very lean meat or fish per day and raw and cooked fibrous vegetables ad libitum. Take fish-oil and multivitamin. " This is to lose weight quickly.
    So If I marry these two observations together with my sureslim success, I conclude
    this is how I was eating when I started my Primal journey, except with more fat. However I got bored, I deviated, I was nagged at..... all the excuses are irrelevant..... I need to get back on track !!!!!!
    So it needs to be sustainable without feeling hungry.
    The fat does satiate me for a longer window than just meat alone. And If I eat 3 cups of salad, or veges per day that also isn't alot of carbs on the MFP scale....... (actually depends what veges, but my 3 cups of green salad yesterday amounted to 10gms of carbs)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......................... let the games begin.................

...small steps....

well we had a fantastic night with the lions - about 60 here for dinner and dessert - in the end.
    I managed to eat steak and salad, however I did have one whole bottle of wine .................naughty me .............
    and I am sure that my head will hurt on the morrow..........
    we will talk again then
    G x

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Great resolutions, G, good luck with your goal. It's good to reassess from time to time, and to realise how far you have come.

thanx for popping by Annie. I hope you are all well.
    Yep head is a little bit bangy this am. However I am sure a wee bit of water will help to rehydrate !!!!! LOL
    OH I best not do the laugh out loud thing - doesn't do my head any good !!!! LOQ - (laugh out quietly)

...small steps....

Well my banging head continued all day and into the night, but slept really well, and feel so much better this morning.
    Mucky day doing odd jobs/bits and pieces - and just eating clean......
    .............so - very little to report this end...........

...small steps....

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617