Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 16

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    DD has just rung to say that the media have been all over the goat, best advertising yet !!!!!
    So please get down to that show and kiss my wee baby....and if you have a lolly in your pocket, he loves lollies. We have tried to teach him NOT to take candy from strangers....but he just doesn't - get it !!!! LOL
    I shall ferit out a picy and try and post it
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Baby boy is still at the show with DD and DDs BF. Apparently Prince Charles and Camilla are going today....so wouldn't that be nice ?...... if my baby boy was kissed by a Prince ????? Watch this space.
    AnnieH is inspiring me again with my cooking. Breakfast for me and DH was fried in butter chicken slithers, served on a bed of lettuce, with tiny tomatoes and a sprinkling of cheese.
    Very simple, but yummy !!!!
    I am still getting terrible cramps so am adding a heap of salt to my food. I put it down to not eating processed food, which is full of sodium ??? not sure but I think that the salt helps.
    My motivation has been dead this week, so am hoping to get this weekend out of the way and then some serious butt kicking !!!!!

Yeah yeah I've said it all before, but I am ready now to get stuck in and get moving. The other thing that I really need to cut back on is the wine.....anyways off for a swim now - catch you later
    G

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Baby boy is still at the show with DD and DDs BF. Apparently Prince Charles and Camilla are going today....so wouldn't that be nice ?...... if my baby boy was kissed by a Prince ????? Watch this space.
    AnnieH is inspiring me again with my cooking. Breakfast for me and DH was fried in butter chicken slithers, served on a bed of lettuce, with tiny tomatoes and a sprinkling of cheese.
    Very simple, but yummy !!!!
    I am still getting terrible cramps so am adding a heap of salt to my food. I put it down to not eating processed food, which is full of sodium ??? not sure but I think that the salt helps.
    My motivation has been dead this week, so am hoping to get this weekend out of the way and then some serious butt kicking !!!!!

Yeah yeah I've said it all before, but I am ready now to get stuck in and get moving. The other thing that I really need to cut back on is the wine.....anyways off for a swim now - catch you later
    G
    Fabulous breakfast, hope your baby goat has a great day. Salt sounds like a good idea - I don't miss sugar at all but I really do miss salt if I forget to add it, even though I used to cook without it on purpose (CW and all). Don't worry about motivation, just keep feeding yourself well and it might kick in all by itself. Good on you for the swimming, don't think I'll be moving much today, still achy from tramping, followed by weights followed by netball, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    still achy from tramping, followed by weights followed by netball, lol.
    Sounds like a day of rest for you my girl !!!! Haven't made it to the pool yet. No water in the house, so am busy switching pumps on and off. I think the two big water tanks are completely empty....dear me.
    Really interesting when I did go swimming the other day..... the bottom of the pool is noticeably lumpy in places. This will be from the earthquakes. We actually lost a heap of water out of the pool, after the bigger earthquakes, so thank goodness it isn't a concrete pool !!!!!

...small steps....

well ok - have just done 72 lengths, which equates to 1 km, and I only stopped once to adjust my goggles. Didn't wear a wetsuit either, althou the pool is up to 18 degrees, so a wee bit warmer than t'other day !!!!!!
    I am really feeling it in my arms, and when I do the breaststroke kick, one knee is a little sore. I might need to watch that.
    I need to find a training schedule to work with, althou also need to get into the open water - lake or ocean. Its a whole different ball game swimming in the sea.

I've also been looking closely at my macros. Someting has got to change to enable me to start losing again.... working on it !

...small steps....

yesterday afternoon - after a very long time without - I got a migraine. I couldn't believe it. I have been eating really badly lately, still primally but having heaps of dairy. And not enough water. Anyway I suddenly couldn't focus on anything. I couldn't read the words on a page etc... This was a wee bit different than my usual auras, which are like goggles half filled with water....and I can't see over the water. Anyway no headache at that stage....so I presumed it was the start of a migraine and drank two glasses of water immediately. After about 1/2 an hour, I fell asleep and woke with no issues.....except this morning, after a great nights sleep, I have the worst headache in living memory !!!! and I have a wedding to go to today. which is a 1.5 hour drive away....after getting my hair done in CHCH which is an hour round trip.
    I haven't taken anything for the headache yet....and I don't want to...... but I might have to monitor that. I shall put peppermint oil on the back of my neck and see if that cools things down, and I will go and enjoy a huge glass of water as well.
    So I am presuming that the huge amounts of dairy have not been good to me.... not sure...... self experimentation starts today.
    anyways people have the best day.
    G
    x
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 11-16-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: changed an s for a t

...small steps....

I'm back - the wedding went really well, wonderful to catch up with family and friends..... and then back into a heap of work once we got home. Little calf was frantic, althou she has been on one feed per day for a few weeks now.....anyway she and Tui the dog were pleased to see us home.
    I spoke to my Dad last night re ocean swimming training, and I have one hell of a journey ahead of me to get ready for Akaroa. 2.8 kms in the harbour ! So after my computer training this morning i shall do 100 lengths in our pool, and work up to 2.8/3 kms.
    I also need to get into the ocean, or lake and practice !!!!!! 100 lengths in our pool equates to about 1.4km, so I need to be able to do 216 or so lengths in our pool to cover that distance....however swimming in the ocean is another story !!!!
    onward.........

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    akaroa harbour is relatively calm isnt it? it should be easier than trying to swim out in the surf. remember too you will have a definite destination and lots of company which will make it easier. it is unreal how much harder it is to swim than you think it will be once you are swimming. where are the lakes near you? i would die of boredom with having to do up and down somewhere 100 times as i have shocking ADD so you are doing well. did your headache go away?

Hi Seaweed, headache did go away thank you. heaps of stress here at the moment thou, so am expecting the next one any day..... yay, but I will try that combination again..... and I have upped the water....so that has to be a good thing !
    I am not sure how calm Akaroa harbour is, and our nearest lake would be Pegasus. I have heard that it is great training in there, so will need to check it out. Also Rangiora has a 25 mtr pool, so if I go in there once a week, out to pegasus once per week, and the rest just slog it out in ours......maybe?....just maybe? I will get there.

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Seaweed, headache did go away thank you. heaps of stress here at the moment thou, so am expecting the next one any day..... yay, but I will try that combination again..... and I have upped the water....so that has to be a good thing !
    I am not sure how calm Akaroa harbour is, and our nearest lake would be Pegasus. I have heard that it is great training in there, so will need to check it out. Also Rangiora has a 25 mtr pool, so if I go in there once a week, out to pegasus once per week, and the rest just slog it out in ours......maybe?....just maybe? I will get there.
    Hope you ok Gwamma, with no more stress headaches. Missing your quirky and cheeky posts. A.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast