Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 15

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    heya gwamma. primal or not lol no fun freezing your ass off. the whole point of the exercise addiction is to enjoy it. from memory the sea at akaroa is quite warm? it is all relative i guess but you will be moving so that will help. and if you are real lucky one of those lovely dolphins will come and tow you along.

i had a food day like that yesterday. the trick i am finding is to ID the cause and avoid that. which is like formulating the plan and implementing it. my latest idea is to work out what i can do instead when i spot one of the causes as often i cant avoid them that easily. i tell you some days i feel like one of those cartoon females tied to the train track with the lights of the train heading my way at breakneck speed. so doing much better today. temporarily lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hey Seaweed, managed to get in the pool this morning. (14 degrees) Dh forgot to turn the heating on, but I found an old wetsuit, and swam my 72 lengths, so about 1 km. I think the race is 2.8km....so I have a wee way to go !!!! However I haven't swum for 20 years, so if I can get in the pool after 20 years out of pool, and still swim 1 km......heres hoping I can increase that before feb !!!! I have entered the race, so I gotta do it now !!!!

trying desperately to clean DHs office today. I can't stand all the cr-p everywhere. He can never find anything, and the floor is literally covered...... is it any wonder that I drink so much !!! LOL
    Anyway just back from Rangiora, after picking up my naughty little red car, and I bought some stuff to help keep the office more organised. Lets see how long it stays tidy....but don't hold your breath !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

is it a race or a fun swim? we have a race with a fun walk across the land here at the end of january. they publish the results on the net lol i have always always wanted to do the mountain bike bit as it goes 44ks across alot of private land alot of which i cant get across. co-incidentally i happen to know the people who came last the last 3 years in a row lol they dont know each other and i only know them in passing but that really put me off. i did the walk this year and entered in a false name. i won my class so it wasnt so bad but still. it kinda sucks to say fun walk and then post results and times for everyone who has google to find! so yeah, my tip to you, is enter in a fake name and just have fun.

no I don't think that its a fun one - but I won't be aiming for first !!! LOL, however so long as its not last or DNF - I will be happy !!! DH will possibly take the jetboat along, so he and Mum can also be part of the action !!!!
    I havn't had much to do with wetsuits, but have a nasty rash in the old pits after my swim this morning. I might need to vaseline them for my next pool session.
    You know my biggest fear about swimming in the sea is sharks! I have always maintained that I so do not want to be biten/eaten by a shark or run over by a train. I hate not knowing what is beneath, and of course stupid me watched all the Jaws movies years ago. So I am gonna have nightmares about that - but one thing these earthquakes have taught me....if your numbers up, your numbers up !!!!! no point in worrying too much about it !!! LOL. easier said than done !

...small steps....

You know my biggest fear about swimming in the sea is sharks! I have always maintained that I so do not want to be biten/eaten by a shark or run over by a train. I hate not knowing what is beneath, and of course stupid me watched all the Jaws movies years ago. So I am gonna have nightmares about that - but one thing these earthquakes have taught me....if your numbers up, your numbers up !!!!! no point in worrying too much about it !!! LOL. easier said than done !
    i am jaws generation as well so i have irrational fears. and when you are swimming out in the middle of the sea down here. and you see shadows. and the seaweed swirling. it is very difficult to go for the if your number is up, your number is up logic as you kinda feel like you have just walked into it. i also so love all the shark stories the old guys tell me. so that doesnt help when i am out in the water. at least if you are in a race with loads of other people, there is a good statistical chance, the shark wont get you. unless there is more than one and then you are screwed lol

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    hey Seaweed, managed to get in the pool this morning. (14 degrees) Dh forgot to turn the heating on, but I found an old wetsuit, and swam my 72 lengths, so about 1 km. I think the race is 2.8km....so I have a wee way to go !!!! However I haven't swum for 20 years, so if I can get in the pool after 20 years out of pool, and still swim 1 km......heres hoping I can increase that before feb !!!! I have entered the race, so I gotta do it now !!!!
    Way to go, Gwamma!!!!!!!! You wouldn't catch me in an unheated pool swimming 72 lengths. Yahhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i am jaws generation as well so i have irrational fears. and when you are swimming out in the middle of the sea down here. and you see shadows. and the seaweed swirling. it is very difficult to go for the if your number is up, your number is up logic as you kinda feel like you have just walked into it. i also so love all the shark stories the old guys tell me. so that doesnt help when i am out in the water. at least if you are in a race with loads of other people, there is a good statistical chance, the shark wont get you. unless there is more than one and then you are screwed lol
    I think that I am screwed !!!! and thats possibly a good thing for you lot - cos then I wouldn't be saying the wrong thing and offending people - as I do !!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Way to go, Gwamma!!!!!!!! You wouldn't catch me in an unheated pool swimming 72 lengths. Yahhhhhhhhh
    By crikey girl - when you come down for our primal party - I will throw you in the pool !!!!!!! if you don't get in yourself !!!!

...small steps....

I have so gotta say people - that it is so nice having the familiar posters back on the MDA forum. Those bloody spammers were blocking all our wonderful people out.....so hallayluya for that
    G
    x

...small steps....

I SPOKE TOO SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bas---ds are back. Very frustrating. I nearly reported one yesterday, but then noticed another post, from the same weird name that sounded quite genuine, phew....
    wow am I stiff and sore today !!!!!!!! althou it doesn't matter, cos off to do the hair thing !!!!!!!! very relaxing

...small steps....

PrimalCon New York
    well today DH is off to the canterbury A'n'P show. Middle DD and her BF are also going. In fact they camped out in the swag at the show over night. We made a wee sign to advertise DH's buisness, and this will hang over baby goats back. He is going to meet and greet people all day, so if you happen to be at the Canterbury A'nP show today, and you see a wee pet goat carrying a sign....he is my grandkid. Please go and give him a kiss. he L-O-V-E-S kisses !!!!

...small steps....

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast