Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 14

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I have not read your whole journal but I liked reading about your goat. We are starting a goat dairy and the goats are so funny. So much personality.
    Primal pumpkin, thanx for visiting.
    Goats are very clever indeed. I have a naughty little red car, and our Rascal loves riding in it with the hood down. Invariably he pees or poops, however nothing that a tarp doesn't fix.
    He spent the day with us yesterday (he is actually middle DDs goat), but I am getting the garden ready for the wedding, so he was tied up all day. I absolutely hate seeing him tied, but I can't have him destroying the plants ! And his chain is 60 metres long, so he gets around a fair bit of the paddock !!!!
    How many goats are you milking ? Will you make cheese ? I would love to hear how this goes.
    Good luck
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Well what a day !!!! Had a list as long as my arm, and have ticked 3 things off of it !!!!! Bloody hell !!! I know that tomorrow is another day, but I have 30 men coming for a Lions meeting tomorrow night, so some of tomorrow will be spent preparing supper, and cleaning the house for them.
    Anyway I am sure it will all come together on the day.... but seriously I need to stick to the list tomorrow !
    The scale is moving down ??? I don't understand? I'm not working that hard towards this wedding....I am still having a glass or two of wine, more than occassionally......I have not run, walked or lifted heavy for weeks now.......
    all that I have done is up my protein a little bit, and add some fruit in each day.
    I am definately gonna stick with it for now, but maybe....just maybe.... my body likes to mix it up a wee bit ???

OK - still deciding whether I go to Oxnard or Lake Tahoe.....Oxnard/Lake Tahoe.....

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Stick to your list!

You are probably burning energy running around like a flea in a fit, but well done on the weight loss anyway.

Sleep tight

thanx Annie. Yes today I will stick to my list. I suppose the good thing is that the lawns are now done, and that wasn't on the list. I also had 4 extras for lunch yesterday - which I wasn't counting on, however it doesn't take much to whip up some soup etc....
    We have a hard frost here this morning. I cannot believe it ! We just do not have frosts in November in our part of the world. I am hoping that we will not have a cold summer - I so need to get my legs and MF arms lathered in vit D.
    The bridal party were here until 10.30 last night decorating the garage. It looks fantastic. But it was stress city in the garage !!! LOL MIL was helping and all the plans the Bride had made were over ruled by MIL. I really felt sorry for the Bride. However I stayed away.....it wasn't my argument !
    Alrighty then, am off to clean clean clean !!!!!
    Have the best day people !
    x

...small steps....

Wow, that is a late frost!

Happy cleaning day.

A.

Well 'THE DAY' has dawned with a slight frost, but clear blue skies. It will be perfect for the wedding. Heres hoping the wind doesn't pick up !!!! they are getting married at 3.30, so it can blow like 40 bas---ds after that !!!!!
    We had a large plastic wind break made for the BBQ house last week, so that will be really nice sitting by the open fire, out of the wind - if it cuts up rough later.
    So all those last minute jobs to do now - vacuum and wash the floor, start preparing platters, getting truck ready to pick up bridal party, BBQ house floor, set tables, prepare outdoor fire so all I have to do is set a match to it !!!!, and the list will go on and on and on.
    I must remember to feed baby calf, sort dog before bride gets here, make toilet signs.......oh I give up , I'd best just go and do some things !!!!

Have the bestest day peoples.......... and I might pop back in when I am in desperate need of 'time out' LOL

...small steps....

You have worked so hard to give them a wonderful venue for their special day. Hope everything goes brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    You have worked so hard to give them a wonderful venue for their special day. Hope everything goes brilliantly.
    Thanx Annie, have just washed part of the floor, so still the rest to go then...... re-feed time. The sky has clouded over, but its not raining - so yay.
    catch you later
    G

...small steps....

well h-e-l-l-o, today is the first day of the rest of my life !!!!!!! LOL
    What an amazing day yesterday. Absolutely everything went well. Perfect day, nearly perfect weather, food fantastic, pretty much everything ticked off the list !
    The wind got up a wee bit, so I didn't light the candles, but the BBQ fire was a huge success, and the seafood, fruit, cheese and meat platters were very well recieved.
    Only a couple of wee negetives....you always get the drunk guy at these things, and I found him wandering aimlessly through the house smoking !!!!! I asked him to please take his smoke outside, and I got a wee bit of back chat - as you do, and the other thing was that we had all forgotten that the grassgrub beetles fly in november - and a house lit up like whatever is a wee bit of a bug magnet !!!! Well you would not believe that bugs everywhere. We even took the cover off the pool and had the underwater lights on. Guess how 6 million of these little suckers succumbed? I will have to do the scoop thing before I start my swimming regime !!!
    So today is clean up, and then I have 8 people coming for happy hour this afternoon. I have already made stuff for that - so just a wee bit of prep later on.
    The honeymooners will be up soon, so I had best make them a bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomato, cheese combo - before they head off for their next social outing.
    Catch ya later
    G
    X

...small steps....

Okay so this week hasn't started too well - tried to begin my swimming training for Akaroa ocean swim in Feb, but the pool was toooooo cold last night, so this old wuss has asked DH to turn the heating up just a wee bit !!!!! Not primal at all !!!!!
    And then one thing led to another and I was eating and drinking like a madman all day yesterday !!!!!!!
    so maybe another start today ?????
    I really need to formulate a plan........ so that is my goal today - formulate a plan, then implement the damned thing !!!! LOL

catch you later
    G

...small steps....

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast