Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 13

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I have woken to a very fresh sprinkle of snow on the hills. Its November !!!!!! It should be topless sunbathing weather !!!!!
    Not that saggy baggy wrinkled Gwamma would be doing anything like that !!!!!!!!!!!
    More wedding preps today. I am so looking forward to next monday. Actually sunday will be great, but will have a bit of a clean up on that day - so mondays the one I am aiming for !!
    Have a great day peoples
    All the best for your big week ahead, I sincerely hope all your efforts pay off handsomely.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    All the best for your big week ahead, I sincerely hope all your efforts pay off handsomely.
    Annie, darling girl - thank you. I am sure it will be a wonderful day for the bride and groom. I am not such a good buisness woman thou. I find I do so much for these people, and am desperate for it all to be a success, so I undervalue myself. But thats ok. I really do want it to be great for them, and end up spending more money preparing than I get for holding the function here !!!!!!!
    Anyway its been a huge productive day, so I am thrilled with that. I will be concentrating on the garden tomorrow (DH busy doing all sorts of other things, so no help from him), but its a huge garden. 4 Acres of garden and lawn, so quite a bit of weeding still to do !!!
    Anyways if its raining on the day, all this time and effort is wasted, however if it is not - I will feel proud that I have put the time in !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

OMG I got sooooo burnt yesterday !!!! Very naughty, but its nice to see a wee bit of colour in my cheeks !!!!
    This morning I have finished scrubbing the garage floor, and bucketed out the spa pool. I could have used a hose, but it takes forever !!, and I need to re fill and get the heating started. It will take a few days to heat up to 38/39 degrees. I haven't even started on the weeding as yet, however good to get these other jobs out of the way. The wedding party are coming to decorate the garage on wednesday - draping, tables, chairs etc... So it is slowly but surely coming together. Apparently I only have 3 babies to look after during the course of the evening, with one of them being only a few days old - so I will be in my element !!!! Give me a newborn any day !
    Anyway I need to duck into Rangiora to pick up some food. Middle DH has just popped in with a huge slab of beef. Not sure how to cut it all up, but I am sure she will help. Fantastic ! Steak for dinner !!!!

...small steps....

No DD left me to it. No other option than to cut into huge slabs and wait for DH to assess. This morning he suggested, because it was a lean Dairy heifer - to cube and freeze. So I have put the first lot into the crockpot. Am hoping to find some other good recipes today, and will experiment. I don't really cook casseroles, however it is something that I would like to become proficient at - so this is the perfect opportunity !
    EQC opt out boyz here today. It surprising the damage that we have, this far out. Little annoying things like doors not opening properly, a couple of schist colomns cracked, wooden floor damage, and cracks everywhere. So hopefully I might get a sanding and polishing of the floor ? We shall see.
    I was reading a thread about eating moar protein, and I think this might be my weight stall problem. I have been so focused on being in ketosis, and lowering carbs - that I haven't really analysed what MY body needs and wants.
    The last few days have been interesting, with IFing until mid afternoon (only coffee with cream), a small snack, then a BAS and meat for dinner. I am still having the occassional wine, but the scales seem to be moving.
    yay - we shall see if that continues !!!

...small steps....

OmG what a day !!!!! Am starting to make headway in the garden, spa pool filled and started heating, garage done, vege garden not quite done, but still having frosts !!!!!! in november - unbelievable !!!!!!! hopefully the honey moon suite will be sorted tomorrow, bake a CW cake, continue to clean and tidy - oh the list goes on....and on.....and on !
    sleep tight !
    G

...small steps....

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've really got your plate full down there.
    Hope you get all your stuff done and dusted soon so you can take a well earned breather :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OmG what a day !!!!! Am starting to make headway in the garden, spa pool filled and started heating, garage done, vege garden not quite done, but still having frosts !!!!!! in november - unbelievable !!!!!!! hopefully the honey moon suite will be sorted tomorrow, bake a CW cake, continue to clean and tidy - oh the list goes on....and on.....and on !
    sleep tight !
    G
    Wow, Gwamma, you certainly were up late/early. Hope you have made great progress on today's list.

I had to laugh today. I was busy in front of the mirror trying on some new (to me) skirts when there's a knock at the door. It was a researcher from the Health Department ready to survey me on health questions, including my diet, exercise, height, weight and blood pressure. I was only too happy to show off how healthy I have become.

Thanx guys, yep sunday afternoon we are having a happy hour - that might stretch into the evening !!!!! so it will be a relaxing end to a very long month or two !!.
    DH up bright and early this morning, filling in an illegal rubbish hole down the back. I love my rubbish hole !!!! It is very user friendly in that we burn things every month or two,and we don't pay to have all out crap taken away. Anyhoo DH is worried that some wedding guests will wander down and fall in the hole ! so as of in an hour or two - gone. Why do boys love driving tractors ??? Does it stem back to when they were little fellas, and almost every little boy had a tractor or a car ?????? DH would litterally spend hours on his bulldozer, or tractor, if he had the time !
    Right I must finish my morning coffee, and get a move on.
    have the best day everyone
    G

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Wow, Gwamma, you certainly were up late/early. Hope you have made great progress on today's list.

I had to laugh today. I was busy in front of the mirror trying on some new (to me) skirts when there's a knock at the door. It was a researcher from the Health Department ready to survey me on health questions, including my diet, exercise, height, weight and blood pressure. I was only too happy to show off how healthy I have become.
    Annie, doesn't it make you feel great when imparting these facts. Keep at it and well done you !!!!

...small steps....

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    I have not read your whole journal but I liked reading about your goat. We are starting a goat dairy and the goats are so funny. So much personality.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast