Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 11

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The diabetes thing is irritating. As a nurse I have spoken with patients who swear to me that they never touch anything sweet and complain that all the Dr's ever tell them to do is loose weight, only to see the same patient in the cafetaria drinking coke and eating pie and chips.

I don't understand it either and unfortunately its not just diabetes patients that 'self harm' like this. I'd roughly guess that 85% of hospital admissions are due to people who have caused their own illness due to neglect, obesity, heavy drinking, smoking, lack of exercise, not taking the medication they needed, not going to the Dr when they needed to etc. Its so frustrating knowing this, yet we're helpless to change it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    The diabetes thing is irritating. As a nurse I have spoken with patients who swear to me that they never touch anything sweet and complain that all the Dr's ever tell them to do is loose weight, only to see the same patient in the cafetaria drinking coke and eating pie and chips.

I don't understand it either and unfortunately its not just diabetes patients that 'self harm' like this. I'd roughly guess that 85% of hospital admissions are due to people who have caused their own illness due to neglect, obesity, heavy drinking, smoking, lack of exercise, not taking the medication they needed, not going to the Dr when they needed to etc. Its so frustrating knowing this, yet we're helpless to change it.
    LL I am so with you on this one. But sometimes I am best to just say nuffink !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Am on about day 3 of Ifing - whose counting ????? managed to get to 12.00 midday before gnawing on a cold rump steak, as i cooked an omelette with steak, onions, and egg.
    No cream or wine for 3 days, hasn't been too hard LOL

We have a wedding here at ours in 12 days time, so heaps to do. This morning I have continued tidying the garage, weeded a very small part of the garden (4 hours worth), had a man in to waterblast the cobwebs, before spraying them on wednesday, cleaning, scrubbbing........oh yes and skyped our wee daughter in Indiana. She sounds very happy - so thank you America for embracing my wee thing and keeping her safe, and now I have come inside, sun is really hot, and I so cannot bare my legs until the shaver has come out...... so tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow....... your only a day away........ sorry, but I love singing !!!!!!
    Tomorrow I will mow the lawns, vacuum the pool, bucket out the spa....etc....you know the drill !!!!!!

Little lamb is better. The scours are drying up a little, and he appears to be holding his own. No sign of maggots today, so thats a huge positive !!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 10-28-2012 at 08:24 PM.

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    My darling nay-sayer DD and her BF have moved out - very sad........ but really exciting because now I can have my house back.
    I have just made DH a breaky stack with onions, chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, 4 eggs all fried in butter.
    I layered lettuce, then onions, chicken, mushies and tomatoes, then big 4 egg omelette, then the remaining onions, chicken, mushies and tomatoes. I sprinkled cheese on the top. He is loving it. I WILL knock the sugar out of him....I WILL....I WILL......I WILL

I am IFing so havn't felt tempted to taste whilst cooking said breakfast - however I am really looking forward to my first meal of the day. Will I make it until 5pm, or will I succumb around midday ???
    I have had a black coffee this morning, so am ready to have another
    x
    What an excellent breakfast. I hope your dh knows how lucky he is.
    I also don't know how you resisted that lot yourself, breakfast is my favourite meal.

I actually don't always feel like breaky Annie, but knowing my resolve - I would have had some if I was hungry.
    This morning I am so disillusioned with all of it !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I feel great eating this clean healthy food - but am up to day 4 of IFing, but that doesn't seem to be the issue, I have stopped having cream in my coffee, and not one drop of wine for 3 nights. Not one ounce of weight gone???? WTF I do not understand this at all. I haven't been exersizing as such, just fetch and carrying, gardening, dragging shit around, infact I have been racing round like a headless chicken.......ah maybe therein lies the problem ??.....I am stressing about this wedding ?????
    hmmmm... I wonder

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Aagh, I feel your frustration. But I think you are right, with the stress of the wedding (exciting though) you have enough on your plate as it is. If you are feeling strong and well with the eating, then do stick with it, I'm sure the results will come soon. But if the fasting is making you weak and grumpy then I would not persist at this time. Try again later when the pressure has lifted. I hope your day is ever so productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Aagh, I feel your frustration. But I think you are right, with the stress of the wedding (exciting though) you have enough on your plate as it is. If you are feeling strong and well with the eating, then do stick with it, I'm sure the results will come soon. But if the fasting is making you weak and grumpy then I would not persist at this time. Try again later when the pressure has lifted. I hope your day is ever so productive.
    thanx Annie for your supportive words. This is a paying wedding, so exciting for them, but not really for me ! Your wedding day should be remembered for all the right reasons, not the wrong ones !!!! so I do not want anything to go wrong for them !!!!!!
    I think that we have worked out that B'n'B, weddings and conferences just aren't happening for us, with the earthquakes, and I haven't been actively promoting our website - so I have parked the website for the next wee while. I am so busy training and doing computer work for DH, I just don't have the hours in a day to have guests too often as well. Anyway once our busy november is out of the way... I can really concentrate on my husbands buisness.
    Anyway best get his shirt ironed, so he can head off - then its baking into the office, food shop, gardening, more scrubbing the garage floor (its a 7 car garage, so HEAPS of scrubbing - for the wedding breakfast), then skirting boards, more gardening, maybe a coffee, .....oh can I just go back to bed ???? LOL

have the bestest day
    G

...small steps....

OMG - the home kill man is here (because DH never has time to do-it-himself these days), and I absolutely cannot stomach something going from live to dead...... just doesn't do it for me.... however i can hear the chainsaw thingy and smell the blood....gag......gag
    am happy to eat the end product, but just can't do the killing thing
    I am such a wuuss !
    Right- now that I have that off my chest, free range, grass fed, happy (althou not any more), lamb will be on the menu for us between now and christmas. All welcome !!!!

althou if all 55,000+ of you came over for a feed, we would only get a sniff each, so maybe just the first 1000 or so ?????
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 10-29-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: 55,000 + too many to eat my 6 lambs !!!!!

...small steps....

so so sad. went out this evening to check on little lamb (it was doing quite well this morning), and the wee thing is dead in the creek. I am so gutted. It was very slowly coming right, and you become so attached to these wee things.
    Not the best evening !

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    morning all - well the BIG DAY has arrived. Tonight I am gonna meet our own little Rachel Hunter - you know the one....was married to Rod Stewart for years....yep, thats the one !!!!!
    So am off to have my hair done this afternoon, but will be wearing the old black outfit that I wear everywhere. In fact its about 10 years old. Maybe with my knee high boots. Actually does it really matter ???? Its not as if she is gonna say - wow whose that old Gwamma in her black sack dress and boots !!!! LOL

anyway huge day before I even get to the hairdressers. I need to mow the lawns, continue to clean out the garage, clean, weed. and its gonna be a hot one !!!!!!!!!
    anyways I need to make a start, so bye for now - be good
    G

...small steps....

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast