Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "The little red hen" page 10

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting !!!! I have been eating very clean for nearly 6 months now, my only two vices - cream in my coffee at breakfast and the odd red wine !!!!! Last night we were out for dinner and had beautiful roast lamb, brocolli, cauli, peas and carrots. Oh and I had about 1/2 bottle of red wine ( which I have done many times and am fine with it)! Upon arriving home my gut was so distended and I felt terrible. I have no idea what has caused this. I am having 2 sometimes 3 coffees in the morning - so total cream, on a good day about 150mls. Could my body be rejecting this small amount of rich dairy ???? I don't eat cheese, yoghurt, milk or any other dairy. I haven't even cooked with butter for a while.....or the only other possibility is the peas. I never eat peas, could they have been the problem ??? My stomach is much better this morning. No bloating, not sore at all - so I am at a loss as to know why, what, who, where.
    Any ideas?....anyone?....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hormonal? Just eating too much? Who knows.....I wouldn't get too worried about it until it starts happening all the time.
    Good for you enjoying that wine! I had an extra half glass last night too, and it never did me any harm.

My scales say 2kg loss in the last month (I don't weigh very often), so something is working well. Might be all that green tea I've been chugging down. Mmmmmm ....... coffee with cream does sound nice!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    What was in the gravy, Gwamma?? That's often the detail that gets me into trouble.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Thanx for your replys girls, no gravy on the meat Jac, and having had a hysterectomy at 32, wouldn't have the faintest idea about hormonal issues LizzieLou....
    And I shouldn't worry too much, however it bought back some old memories of inflamation, bloating, vomitting diahorr......
    Off to lyttleton tonight. I haven't been there since the first quake - way back in the day..... so that should be interesting. I am sure that if we are going to get another quake in the near future, the chances of it happening when Gwamma is in town, are pretty remote -
    I shall report on this tomorrow !!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    could the lamb have been marinated in something? they often put nasty things in marinates, expecially if you get them premarinated from the supermarket. it still would have been at trace levels tho. peas are legumes so yes that could have been it. both my younger children had gut issues with legumes, or me eating them, when they were babies. distended stomach and pain sort of issues. also were the peas just straight frozen peas cooked or did they have some from of flavouring too?

Thanx Seaweed, that has gotten me thinking. It was a Lions partners night, so the local school catered, so I don't know answers to any of the above. It is interesting thou that when you introduce something different to a clean body, all sorts of reactions occur. I may have reacted the same before going primal but with so many issues going on I definately didn't notice. I am keen to try peas again in a week or two, just to see.
    I will also try peanuts again soon, and I know that they are not primal, but I seemed to itch, and get hives after eating them a week or two ago. You might think that its a stupid idea, but I am actually enjoying experimenting with some things - and then of course I can state my findings - from experience !!!!!!! However if I don't itch and have hives after them, I have no idea where that lot came from.
    enough of my ramblings !!!!!

...small steps....

Well howdy doody - I need to resurrect this thread to start being accountable. I am so not on the page at the moment, so this is my attempt to get back on the page.
    I've had a major stall for about 3 months, so things need to change. I have started IFing, but only day 2 so can't comment on that one - as yet. I need to cut out the cream in my coffee, and pull way back on the wine. This will be the hard one for me, however it is doable.
    I so enjoy the way I feel eating this way, so really its tweak time..................... here goes
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 10-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.

...small steps....

My darling nay-sayer DD and her BF have moved out - very sad........ but really exciting because now I can have my house back.
    I have just made DH a breaky stack with onions, chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, 4 eggs all fried in butter.
    I layered lettuce, then onions, chicken, mushies and tomatoes, then big 4 egg omelette, then the remaining onions, chicken, mushies and tomatoes. I sprinkled cheese on the top. He is loving it. I WILL knock the sugar out of him....I WILL....I WILL......I WILL

I am IFing so havn't felt tempted to taste whilst cooking said breakfast - however I am really looking forward to my first meal of the day. Will I make it until 5pm, or will I succumb around midday ???
    I have had a black coffee this morning, so am ready to have another
    x

...small steps....

OMG I was lurking around the threads this morning....surprise...... and came across Misabis muffins.......which got me thinking.....and so I have just made my own version.......... fan-tas-tic !!!!!!!!!!
    Mine have onions, chicken, grated sweet potato and egg. Baked beautifully and taste amazing. So now I need to work out if you can make them in paper muffin liner things, and what they are like cold ????

The bastards are back !!!!!!!!!!! A little bit of history. Found wee thin, scouring, very sick wee lamb.... tube fed it for a couple of days before I even noticed that it was flystruck. I felt really bad about that, but anyway got rid of the maggots, but still had diahorreah.....put it back with its Mum, who absolutely loves it, go out and check this morning.... and the bastards are back. Maggotts everywhere !!!! The poor little thing. This is totally unheard of. If you have put maggo all over the affected area, it usually lasts a few weeks. Anyway we have sprayed it with long acting flyspray this time, as the wee wounds have healed. Ewwwwww yuk, maggots make me sick !!!!!

...small steps....

okay so here is the thing - in fact I just don't understand...... some people have just popped in to see my DH. I have offered them tea, coffee, water. She asks for juice, Oh sorry I don't have juice, oh I will have a coffee thanks. So I make the coffee, put the milk in a wee jug, sugar in bowl.....anyway she puts two teaspoons of sugar into her coffee. I then offer chocolates because thats all I have (no biscuits, or scroggin made up ), and she says....no thank you - I am diabetic !!!! WTF. If you are diabetic, wouldn't you think that sugar should be missed BIG TIME ???? I was going to explain that my homemade chocolates are made with 85 % cocoa chocolate (not much sugar), good nuts and dried fruit....then I thought....nah its not worth the breath I need to draw !!!! LOL
    But I just don't understand this whole diabeties concept, or have I got it wrong ?

...small steps....

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast