Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet potato fries... and pork chops? page 2

Kylex286 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    I think it makes a difference to have the pan in the oven so that one side gets quite dark and crispy from the pan heat, rather than squishy.

Sprinkling with cinnamon is devine.
    I will have to try this too! Some of these seasonings I didn't even think of! My fries will be the best!

brichards99 is offline Junior Member
    I've used coconut oil pretty successfully with sweet potato fries, and if you get creative with adding spices you can make some really unique flavors. Big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by brichards99 View Post
    I've used coconut oil pretty successfully with sweet potato fries, and if you get creative with adding spices you can make some really unique flavors. Big fan.
    Yeah, the ones that didn't burn were really good. I can only imagine how good they would have been if I used spices on them.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Have you perfected them yet? I cooked them with cumin and red onion tonight, very tasty

Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Have you perfected them yet? I cooked them with cumin and red onion tonight, very tasty
    Not yet, but I think I'm going to try making them again tonight.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I use coconut oil, not olive oil--don't like to get olive oil that hot--and do them on the stove top. They're done quickly and really tasty! I'm going to start adding seasonings like the suggestions here.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I coat mine in coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a little paprika...in the oven at 350 for 15 min one side, flip, 15 min other side, the sweet of the potato goes really well with the spice combo, YUM-O
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylex286 View Post
    Okay, so I am trying to cook my family a primal meal tonight and I decided to make pork chops "http://www.marksdailyapple.com/grokfeast-in-joliet-illinois/#axzz24JnBJUIx" and sweet potato fries. My first question is can I substitute coconut oil for the olive oil, or is olive oil absolutely necessary?

Secondly, I have never made home made fries before so I am not quite sure how to go about doing it. Does any one have a explanation on how I would go about making homemade sweet potato fries?
    I am lazy, so . in the frozen section of publix , is a brand of frozen sweet potato fry=Alexia chipotle fries, they are awesome! nothing in them but a little sodium. when i do not feel like doing a sweet potato, these go in the baking sheet til brown. they have them plain and in a waffle shape, I prefer the chipotle fries, so good . they do not seem processed at all.

Hello! so I finally made my second batch of fries.010.jpg

Sadly though, they didn't come out very well. I sprinkled them with cinnamon, but idk, I didn't really like the taste this time. Oh well though, they best thing about the quest of perfecting a recipe would be the journey that it take to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    I am lazy, so . in the frozen section of publix , is a brand of frozen sweet potato fry=Alexia chipotle fries, they are awesome! nothing in them but a little sodium. when i do not feel like doing a sweet potato, these go in the baking sheet til brown. they have them plain and in a waffle shape, I prefer the chipotle fries, so good . they do not seem processed at all.
    I've never been a big fan of frozen foods.Even if I'm feeling particularly lazy I don't trust them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12