Thread: Primal Fatigue- repost page

cbeauty is offline Junior Member

Primal Fatigue- repost

I posted this a while ago but did not get much feed back. I would l would love to hear from any seasoned primal people. I am feeling better after keeping a regimens of magnesium, potassium, zinc, and calcium- taking only the mag. and pot. together). Thanks!

(posted two weeks or so ago) My blood sugar levels are fantastic now that I have gone primal, but I have no endurance and need to force myself to exercise. What is wrong with me? I was very insulin resistant, and eating a vegetarian diet with plenty fresh veggies and fruits with nuts and some fish. I experienced horrible blood sugar drops. I've been primal since the first part of June 2012, but I'm still feeling fatigued. I eat between 40 to 80 grams of carbs a day and don't want to go higher because of the misery I was in before from fruit and honey blood sugar spikes.

R
    I follow the Smarter Science of Slim exercise guidelines and enjoy casual tennis, bicycling, walking, etc. I have studied hormonal balance and supplement with minerals and a whole foods vitamin- taking care not to combine minerals that interfere with another mineral's absorption. I also use 16 to 18 hour intermittent fasting- which has helped me understand true hunger and helped me become more self aware.

I am 42 years old and need to lose 15-20 lbs of fat. I am a mother of several children, the youngest is now eight. Any suggestions you could offer would be very appreciated!!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    low energy?
    or low stamina?

could be lots of things, but i am thinking repair mostly here

while the body takes advantage of a repair cycle your wont feel much like exercising
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Both for a while. It got scary there for a few weeks. What do you mean by repair- what would have been repairing specifically? I am assuming my system has had to repair from insulin resistance damage at least.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I have gone primal, but I have no endurance and need to force myself to exercise. What is wrong with me? I was very insulin resistant, and eating a vegetarian diet
    Start by adding about a pound of meat every day. Dial up or down from there as needed. I don't have energy without adequate protein intake. How much do you eat now?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure it's physical and not mental? I feel much better than I did prior to transitioning to primal, but I still have zero energy for exercise for exercise's sake. I know it's in my head.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    You said you were vegetarian before - have you added red meat back in? Any chance you could be anemic?

Some people find that being steadily very low carb (less than 50 grams or so) for a long time can give them hypothyroid symptoms (like fatigue). With adequate protein intake, increasing your carbs just a little shouldn't make you crash (I had pretty bad hypoglycemia my whole life pre-primal, so I understand your fear there).

Starting slow with exercise might help build your energy. Make your first goal something like walking 30 minutes every day. When you've done that for a while, add another goal.

Thank you. I have added red near back into my diet- in fact I rarely even want to eat any meat but red meat. I just had my iron, thyroid, etc. checked and I have very healthy levels. I think I was resetting hormonally- got the iud out one month ago. It was very scary for me for a couple of weeks and I questioned everything about my diet, exercise, everything since i felt exhausted and drained all the time. This week I am getting exponentially stronger during/after each workout. I am amazed at how much better/stronger I feel now compared to two weeks ago. I do slow eccentric weight 'lowering' to failure sessions and sprint intervals to exhaustion. (since July-'smarter science of slim' style)

I stayed high protein and high fat even though I questioned what was going on in my body- and it was a great decision for me. I also continued with IF despite my fears and the posts on IF for women on the forum from Mark. I feel moe while and more at peace than I have in a long time. I appreciate all of the fabulous information and feedback that I have found on this site- and all the great informative links. :')

**more fabulous...*

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeauty View Post
    I think I was resetting hormonally- got the iud out one month ago. It was very scary for me for a couple of weeks and I questioned everything about my diet, exercise, everything since i felt exhausted and drained all the time.
    Oh, that makes sense! Hormone shifts can do that to you. No matter how fantastic and energetic I feel the rest of the time, the first day of my period I feel so tired and listless I can't stand it - and I just push through cause I know it's the hormones. Glad to hear things are improving for you!