Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Referring to oneself as "Primal" page 3

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I do think that the Crossfit bunch are a big catalyst for this WOE. There are crossfit boxes springing up everywhere around town.
    Glad to know we're good for something!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I used to say Paleo, but that started sounding douchey...besides it wasn't completely accurate anyway. I used Primal for a while, but I grew tired of the 'fad diet' reaction. I just try to avoid talking about it now. Nobody wants to hear some self-righteous a-hole preach about his superior diet anyway. If questioned about how I eat now, I simply say we all have access to exactly the same information, it's up to each individual to interpret it and make their own healthy choices accordingly. Then I bask in their confusion as they watch me stuff my face with fat even though I resemble a male Kate Moss.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I think this is all a sign that this movement is maturing from a follow-the-leader situation to lot of independent thinking people all agreeing to common terms. Health movement of the 21st century?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Among those with internet addiction and interest in food, maybe. Slowly, the advice from major media outlets is shifting toward proper nutrition. But even as the stranglehold of big agra loosens, family habits will be slow to change. It could be two or three generations before things turn around. And, even then, there will be people who choose to be fat and sick based on "freedom", like smokers. Not everyone wants to feel good and be happy or healthy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I always think it's easiest to not discuss my diet at all. If someone offers me something that I don't eat, I generally say "Oh, I don't eat grains/sugar/whatever".

Then again, sometimes I will eat something that on a normal day-to-day basis I wouldn't eat.

The problem with labels is you end up coming across all self-righteous and annoying. I find it's easier not to be so judgmental of other people's eating choices when I don't put a label on mine.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Feral is a better word to use to describe me.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I just say I eat "natural foods", things a caveman would be able to find/hunt in nature. I tell them that things that deviate from this (grains, high-sugar, beans) disagree with my body.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    I personally use paleo to describe my diet but for me primal brings to mind a strong connection beyond food. Since I first learnt about primal blueprint etc. I have been able to pinpoint so many aspects of life that I love but didn't do enough of. Being outdoors, eating fresh food, walking barefoot, listening to a tribal beat, natural movement workouts, soaking in the atmosphere with fellow fans in a stadium. These are all things which invoke a strong primal/tribal emotional response in me. Sometimes you're too busy in life to realise that you should be doing more of things you enjoy. Whether the label is paleo/primal/ah doesn't really matter. But having a focal point is a good reminder to myself to say "don't forget you feel most alive when you do those things".

lexie is offline Senior Member
    If I tried to use primal or paleo with most people in my life, they would have no idea what I meant anyway. So I just say I'm not eating grains and focusing on real, whole foods, rather than processed stuff. That seems to work just fine, whenever it rarely comes up.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tend to say I don't eat processed foods and most people accept that. I also get a lot of positive comments on my BAS for lunch!!!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast