Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Referring to oneself as "Primal" page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm on a "Primal" forum... so I use it in that context... "Primal", as in "Primal" diet/lifestyle on the forum... not person.
    I'm a person, not "a Primal".

In life. No.
    In life I have real reasons I eat the way I do, medical reasons.
    People don't question that, and I don't have to argue it, but it's really more restrictive than "Primal" is.
    I don't ever bring it up unless absolutely necessary or asked point blank by someone, and then I don't add a name brand tag to it. I just explain what I do, and why... and if they ASK, I will point them in the direction of "TPB" book.

There isn't a reason to bring it up on my own that I can think of.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I am Jonathan, Apex Predator, Lion of the Atreides, First of his name, Lord of Outer-night, by the Grace of God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Realms.
    I bet it that's hard to put on a name tag.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I've always found that "Cori" fits quite nicely (no matter how you spell it).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, but it makes up for it with sheer, ball-crushing awesomeness.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I've always found that "Cori" fits quite nicely (no matter how you spell it).
    That's actually how you spot the cool people.

Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Yeah, but it makes up for it with sheer, ball-crushing awesomeness.
    Truth.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm on a "Primal" forum... so I use it in that context... "Primal", as in "Primal" diet/lifestyle on the forum... not person.
    I'm a person, not "a Primal".

In life. No.
    In life I have real reasons I eat the way I do, medical reasons.
    People don't question that, and I don't have to argue it, but it's really more restrictive than "Primal" is.
    I don't ever bring it up unless absolutely necessary or asked point blank by someone, and then I don't add a name brand tag to it. I just explain what I do, and why... and if they ASK, I will point them in the direction of "TPB" book.

There isn't a reason to bring it up on my own that I can think of.
    This, pretty much. Everyone seems to make adaptations and tweaks to the PB to fit their lifestyle, so my diet is... my diet. Has a lot of overlap with Primal, and with the Jaminets' PHD, and several others. I'm more hardcore on some stuff (quality of meat and fish) and less on others (OK with dairy, grains maybe 1-2 per week). Primal is a good reference point, a starting point for discussion, but it's not a completely definitive term for the individual.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    I am lucky enough to live in a place where paleo/primal is accepted enough to use those terms without much explanation or any real bad connotations (crossfit has blown up here so a lot of people have tried it or are paleo). When I start trying to explain it outside the bubble of Santa Cruz I will usually revert to saying I have discovered I am gluten intolerant and try to avoid all grains. When they question what I eat I simply say steak and fresh veggies with butter for dinner, eggs and lots of bacon for breakfast. Usually when I get done telling them what I eat they want more info and I have to hand them a napkin to wipe up the drool as they realize I eat better tasting food than them (and have lost more weight )
    Male 37 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    180 LBs- 8/15/12 - CW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I just say that I'm 'eating clean'. ..... I don't eat anything with sugar or that comes with a barcode. That seems to cover things. I don't care for offering suggestion --- my lifestyle is personal and I'm not here to convert anyone. If someone is truly interested, I direct them to Mark Sisson -- other than that, it's every man for himself
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Paleobird Guest
    San Diego is getting primaleo too. I have a group of friends who get together once a month for game night. The eats people would bring once were all about the cookies and cakes with maybe some pretzels and cheese. Now everything is meatballs and veggie sticks with yoghurt dip, raw nuts, etc.

I do think that the Crossfit bunch are a big catalyst for this WOE. There are crossfit boxes springing up everywhere around town.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    If someone asks, which they usually don't, I reply that I try and eat real, unprocessed food. If they ask further I say it's aligned with ancestral health, that usually glazes their eyes over and they go away. IF they ask further I say it's based quite a bit on evolutionary research and that usually has them grabbing for their car keys. End of conversation.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast