Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti! page

cindyu Guest

Shop Now

This transition has not been nearly as hard as I would have imagined. Even our teenaged daughters are coming along. But there's one thing that we just don't know what to do with: One of our favorite meals is spaghetti and I make a killer sauce. What to do? I plan to give spaghetti squash a try, but has anyone tried it? How does it compare? Any other ideas of what to do with a killer meat sauce?

CoreyB Guest

We also have a killer sauce recipe in our house and use it on a few things. One of my favorites is I make some primal turkey meat balls and put the sauce on top of those, we also use the sauce on top of shrimp, squid/calamari (pan seared not fried)and although it's not totally primal I tend to snack by dipping some mozzarella into the sauce like a chip and dip setup.

Hope that helps!

musajen is offline Junior Member

What about shirataki noodles? They're supposed to be carb free (or have negligible amounts of carbs).

I haven't tried them so not sure what they're like. I've heard their sorta rubbery. Anyone had an experience with these?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

what about Spaghetti Squash?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I looooooove spaghetti squash. It has its own subtle flavor and a different texture than noodles, but it's REALLY good with regular spaghetti sauce on top (and some parmesan if you want it).

Just don't overcook the spaghetti squash or it goes all mushy.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Funny that this topic would come up today. My mom made her homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight (with ground buffalo meat in it!) and I had it over some chopped up cabbage sauteed in coconut oil. It was really good!

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Spaghetti squash is awesome with pasta sauce. My sister says cabbage (cut into strings to look like linguine) is good also, but I've never had it.

Another twist is to go the ratatouille route and put your pasta sauce over eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini. It's not pasta, but with a good sauce it's even better than noodles.

[quote]

What about shirataki noodles? They're supposed to be carb free (or have negligible amounts of carbs).</blockquote>

They are weird. They don't taste that bad, but I can't get over the texture. They smell a little crazy too, which I can get over because I learned to get them into a strainer and rinse them immediately upon opening and I hold my breath, (ok, writing that just made me realize how unnatural that is).

The taste? Seriously, this is the best way to describe them: spaghetti flavored sugar free gummi worms.

Anonymous Guest

yeah, the shiritaki noodles are weird. they don't really have the consistency of noodles, as pointed out. They're just ... there.

Diana's suggestion of the vegetables is pretty good. You can sautee or grill whatever vegetables you like, and put the sauce over them. It works out pretty nicely.

Biglee Guest

Brown some hamburg/buffalo/turkey or what ever with onions then add some of the killer sauce to it and eat it like a gulash (not sure how to spell it).

It would be a bit like a chili or put more in it and it could be like a tomato & beef soup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast