Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't stop laughing page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Couldn't stop laughing

Primal Fuel
    Robb and Greg had me laughing again.

iTunes - Podcasts - The Paleo Solution | Paleolithic nutrition, intermittent fasting, and fitness by Robb Wolf

I'm sure people on the train must think, "What's that lunatic laughing at?"

I don't think I've laughed as much since they were talking about the student who got arrested for jogging in a weights-vest, because people thought he was a suicide bomber and phoned the police:

Jogger in vest 'mistaken for suicide bomber' - Telegraph

So what got me this time was when they were discussing someone who'd advised vegans to eat less than 10% of their dietary intake as fat. If my memory serves, Greg commented, "Their brains aren't working, because they're not eating enough f---ing fat."

Robb then said he was "trying to build bridges with the vegans" -- and this was after referring to them as "retards".

If anyone doesn't know the podcast, I've just given a really misleading impression of it. There's a lot of good information in there. It is really funny, though.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Robb and Greg always have me laughing, I listen to every podcast they put up.

Joe Rogan did a long interview. It will not appeal to everyone, some people have commented on this forum they find Robb a bit offensive...not me,lol.

Last edited by Moochy; 08-22-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Joel Fuhrman and the lunatic fringe of the Vegan Avengers...lol
    Robb has vowed not to call vegans retards anymore...lol
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    His best one was a few weeks ago. Someone asked if pork was a ''clean'' meat, and he said that someday he would have a few drinks and honestly say what he thought about that question and a couple of similar ones. I would pay to listen to that podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    His best one was a few weeks ago. Someone asked if pork was a ''clean'' meat, and he said that someday he would have a few drinks and honestly say what he thought about that question and a couple of similar ones. I would pay to listen to that podcast.
    And yet he didn't really pull any punches anyway.

This aspect of the show still sometimes surprises me. Since Robb in a sense is the public face of Paleo, I kind of expect them to be diplomatic ... but they just don't bother with all that.

Thanks for reminding me of the Joe Rogan interview, Moochy. I'd heard about it but hadn't got round to listening. Downloading now.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    And yet he didn't really pull any punches anyway.

This aspect of the show still sometimes surprises me. Since Robb in a sense is the public face of Paleo, I kind of expect them to be diplomatic ... but they just don't bother with all that.
    Still, he could have been 10x less diplomatic than that. It's part of his charm that he's not always part of the PC police and that he calls some people on their bullshit. I even wish he was a little more frank, even if it means some butthurt vegans would get offended.

Personally, I can't resist mocking a little a grown adult who still believes pig meat (or whatever meat) is ''unclean'' for religious/illogical reasons.

Personally, I can't resist mocking a little a grown adult who still believes pig meat (or whatever meat) is ''unclean'' for religious/illogical reasons.
    I actually have a co-worker who believes pork is unclean. AND he's primal. Go figure.

Still, he could have been 10x less diplomatic than that. It's part of his charm that he's not always part of the PC police and that he calls some people on their bullshit. I even wish he was a little more frank, even if it means some butthurt vegans would get offended.
    I would like people to say what they honestly think. Jimmy Moore has recently pushed two sets of guests into agreeing that "either paleo or low carb or vegan" would be better than a "standard diet". If I'm to be frank, I think that's just bull***t, and I think Jimmy knows it is. That's just Jimmy trying to be more "tactful" than necessary. He's read The Paleo Answer, so he knows that the largest meta-data study to date shows that a vegetarian (and not even the more restrictive vegan!) diet offers no improvement in all-cause mortality over an average diet. Why would it?

And he didn't even maintain that stance when talking to Kaayla Daniel recently, because he darn well knew that kind of pretence would cut no ice with her. So where's the courage of his (supposed) conviction?

I think the damage these diets can do is a serious matter. And Jimmy, who is a very intelligent man, must know that, having talked with Kaayla, with Julia Ross, and others. Heck, we're not playing games: people's physical, and mental, health is at stake here:

Vegetarian diet and mental disorde... [Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

From that point of view, Robb is refreshing for saying what he thinks. I think if I were a vegetarian and had blundered into his stuff, and later came round I would think, "At least this guy never told me comfortable lies in order to keep me thinking he was 'tolerant' (or whatever you want to call it )."

I think you can put things tactfully, and I'm not sure he's best at that, but you shouldn't fudge the issue, and, yeah, he doesn't.

I eat bacon most days, but ... well, sorry, but I think there's a lot of bias (and unnecessary scorn) implicit in your statement.

Apart from anything else the bracketing implicit in "religious/illogical" is both rude and ahistorical. I'm not a religious person myself -- although I don't profess to know about ultimate realities one way or the other -- but what I do know is that the medieval philosophers most of whom were churchmen had made great advances in logic, and were actually working with better logic than 18th- and 19th-century philosophers like Hegel. The dialectic, interesting and suggestive as it is, isn't really logic.

If you listen to the listener's email, it's clear that she herself is sceptical of "arguments" against pork. But she's evidently inclined to wonder if the Ancient Hebrews had put it off limits on purely prudential/observational grounds, then written that into the Law as a directive of Jehovah. That's not obviously absurd. She also had a friend on her back, as she explained. What I think she was really looking for from Robb was reassurance. That's not exactly what she got. Perhaps she didn't go to the right person. But I don't want to carp: his is a useful, informed voice; and he does say what he thinks, and that's worth something.

Last I looked, scholars had come up with about nine different theories as to why the Jewish Law banned pork. Perhaps the most interesting was that it may have originally been a particularly prized meat -- hence used for sacrifices. Now what you use for sacrifices, tends to be discounted for everyday use. It's too special. That may have been the (forgotten) origin for the ban. Who knows? -- no-one will at this date.
    Last edited by Lewis; 08-23-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

yea that's pretty funny

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    largest meta-data study to date shows that a vegetarian (and not even the more restrictive vegan!) diet offers no improvement in all-cause mortality over an average diet.

Which study is this? Do you have it links. The only thing recent that I found is here Cardiovascular disease mortality and cancer i... [Ann Nutr Metab. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast