Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nutritional Ketosis page 8

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I consume around 400 cals at breakfast ( v low carb), 900 at lunch (moderate carb) and 1300 at dinner (relatively high carb at around 100 g) with no cals ever in between. I believe I would benefit in shifting more cals to breakfast.
    Hm okay. Whenever I eat about 800-1000 cals for lunch from meat, I get food coma. I avoid this by drinking coffee with cream for only 200-300. I fast through breakfast, and typically eat 1000-3000 calories for dinner. I want to shift to daytime eating, but I hate having that heavy feeling of eating throughout the day and going to bed not very full. Have you ever had this experience?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Hm okay. Whenever I eat about 800-1000 cals for lunch from meat, I get food coma. I avoid this by drinking coffee with cream for only 200-300. I fast through breakfast, and typically eat 1000-3000 calories for dinner. I want to shift to daytime eating, but I hate having that heavy feeling of eating throughout the day and going to bed not very full. Have you ever had this experience?
    Sorry - no. It's v difficult to advise - lunch for me is heavy on fat, moderate on protein, moderate on carbs. I would say that you are eating way too much protein overall. I eat a lot of vegetables with every meal and that seems to work for me.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Sorry - no. It's v difficult to advise - lunch for me is heavy on fat, moderate on protein, moderate on carbs. I would say that you are eating way too much protein overall. I eat a lot of vegetables with every meal and that seems to work for me.
    Alright, going to try to dial it down. But I love meat so much :<

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Alright, going to try to dial it down. But I love meat so much :<
    I have always craved protein and missed it when I didn't get enough so I understand where you are coming from. Just think you are going to extremes and that's not helping you. Good night to you my lovely :-)
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jmosery is offline Member
    Hi Ladies (and gentlemen)

i'm finding this conversation extremely interesting. I'm 5'0 at 137 and have been between 135-140 for months now. I'm finding the idea of maybe too much protein very interesting. i would like to lose 15-20 lbs but having the hardest time.

I think it was PaleoBird that suggested lowering the protein to abot 45-60 grams a day which is fine but my question is, where do you get all those fat calories from?

i dont eat fruit, nuts or dairy and its really taken away the bloat but the scale is still not budging. i feel much much better on super low carb but i dont think i've been getting enough fat and eating way too much protein

do you just eat lots of avacado? coconut oil and olive oil to cook everything? thats the only fats i can think of but i know they can add up super fast too

jaime

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    You should be getting at least 80-90 grams of protein. Not 45. You may do best to divide it relatively equally over three meals. Don't forget that many of the fattier cuts of meat are about 50/50 fat and protein so even eating meat you are getting a significant amount of fat. Pork sausage is about 75/50 fat to protein. If you tolerate dairy, butter, Cream and cheese add a lot of good fat.
    Last edited by Miss Understood; 09-21-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Sorry my computer is acting up
    Last edited by jmosery; 09-21-2012 at 05:35 AM.

See Paleobird suggested that we lower out protein and that's where I got the 47-57 grams of protein a day

I've been eating between 80-100 grams of protein for a while and it hasn't budged the scale.

I'm going to try and go lower but eat fattier meats to help with the calories

I can't eat too many veggies because they bloat me like no tomorrow. I can't be eating 10 cups of veggies a day not that that puts any real calories on the plate

And 50 grams of protein is hardly any calories at all

So how do you up your calories? Bulletproof coffee

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jmosery View Post
    See Paleobird suggested that we lower out protein and that's where I got the 47-57 grams of protein a day

I've been eating between 80-100 grams of protein for a while and it hasn't budged the scale.

I'm going to try and go lower but eat fattier meats to help with the calories

I can't eat too many veggies because they bloat me like no tomorrow. I can't be eating 10 cups of veggies a day not that that puts any real calories on the plate

And 50 grams of protein is hardly any calories at all

So how do you up your calories? Bulletproof coffee
    Correction. On the EAT MOAR FAT thread I posted several expert opinions about how much protein to get one of which was Dr. Jan Kwasnieski's Optimal Diet which says ideal weight in kilos=#of grams of protein per day plus or minus 10%. Other experts such as Drs. Phinney and Volek say 1.5 grams per kilo of ideal weight. I personally find a sweet spot in between those two.

And as to a non dairy high fat source, try bone marrow.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    For those needing help figuring out protein content, my personal preference is CRON-o-Meter (CRON-O-Meter Download) which has lots of prebuilt data (from the USDA nutritional database, and others), plus you can input new foods. It's free on your computer, small charge for the mobile app. Very customizable with your personal goals. I'm back home for a week, so if you need assistance with it, just ping me on the side.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast