Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 7

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Started my whole30 today instead of waiting for september. :P yay!

i was going to wait, but i finished off my gf bread, farm fresh milk, and ghiradelli dark chocolate already so i really had no excuse to wait and let myself buy more non compliant stuff in the interim, hehe.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimallyJenna View Post
    PrimalLizard-Have you tried eliminating dairy before? I found that anytime I have dairy I get sinus congestion and headaches that don't clear up until a week or so after the most recent exposure. I have found the only thing I can tolerate is ghee and occasional grass-fed butter (though not when doing a Whole30-today was my day 8).
    This is my first time eliminating dairy. I have a feeling it may be an important step for me. I'm at the point that daily well being is more important than the need to have cheese every day. I have not been eating much dairy in the past 8 months or so but I have still had some cheese and butter and occasionally ice cream and yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    Thanks for the advice! When the farmers market is running I do try to only shop there and once a week so the fruit idea should definitely be do-able. With peach and apple season coming, it'll be better to have the "single servings" instead of buying a melon or container of berries and mindlessly eating the whole thing. :/
    I just looked and realized the coconut creamer I've been using has an added sweetener- D'OH! So will also look for the kind in a can. I'd like to completely cut the coffee out and have been working on that (down to 1-2 cups a day from almost a whole pot)... but I'm physically addicted to caffeine, and get headaches when I don't have it. So maybe this will help me detox and finally kick the habit!

This is my first whole30 so not sure how my body will react, but here are my goals:
    -ZERO grains!
    -Cut out all dairy except homemade Greek yogurt
    -One piece/serving of fruit per day
    -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
    -Try to eliminate caffeine
    -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
    -Do weight lifting exercise 3 times per week
    Good luck on the coffee! I quit drinking coffee for the whole 30 because i really can't stand it without cream. it wasn't bad for me because I've only started drinking coffee in the past year or so and just a cup a day.
    Last edited by PrimalLizard; 08-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.

BrakemanSlova is offline Junior Member
    I'm with you! Day 5.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Currently on day 12. Had a long of a road trip the past 2 days and didn't eat the best that I could have. Still whole30 compliant,but just way too much fruit and nuts. Hasn't been a huge difference from my previous paleo diet, but I do miss the occasional starbucks latte.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Day 10. Nothing off plan, in particular no dairy, sugar or alcohol. That's the only change (albeit big ones ) from what I've been doing for 2 years. Still feeling tired, though I'm getting more sleep. Eating about 2 servings of fruit daily rather than only a couple of times a week, and have had more nuts this past week (I had a tendency to overindulge in nuts, so had mostly stopped eating them for the past couple of months). I did miss the wine on the weekend, but survived intact.

Overall, doing well. Some downward movement on the scale, but inconsistent. Yes, I know, the scale should be avoided, but whatever. Waist and belly seem to be tighter. I'll measure after 2 weeks completed. Daily updates and starting measurements are in my journal.

Ellen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    I'm physically addicted to caffeine, and get headaches when I don't have it. So maybe this will help me detox and finally kick the habit!
    The caffeine withdrawal headaches should be short lived -- a couple days at the most. At least, that's been my experience when I go from lots of caffeine to zero straight. A couple of ick days, but then things are good. That's what happened this week, so far. I was on 2-3 caffeine "servings" (Coke Zero, then black tea on Monday) per day and then went to zero starting Monday for Coke and Tuesday for tea. Tuesday sucked with the headache. Today was much better

Pollyanna12 is offline Member
    I'm on Day 3 here. first day was fine, but I was HUNGRY yesterday, and it required a lot of will-power plus a very early dinner to get over it. Felt bleurgh as well, lacking in energy. I took the dog for a short walk and practically had to drag my self round. It's odd, as I didn't get carb flu when I gave up grains. The dairy must have been having more of an effect on me than I thought.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Day 2. I feel good so far... I guess because I'm not changing a whole lot. I do miss my occasional shots of milk though. :P And I had to toss the dressing I keep at work for lunch salads as it was non compliant. So I am dressing free for now.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Hi, glad to hear people are doing well. I'm on day 7 and it's going great. I think days 2 and 3 were hardest for me. Had some hypoglycemia in the late afternoon on those days but since then I've been fine. I was thinking yesterday that I feel in control finally. Food is not controlling me any more.

yesterday i had to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things. it was my first time since starting last friday. the smells from the bakery were torture but I also noticed just how much garbage people are buying there. no one should be eating that! so much artificial junk. anyway, I avoided the bakery temptations and just got what I needed.

_Josh_ is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in!

I will be leaving for a 2 week elk/deer hunt on October 1 and would like to shed a few pounds to make the trip easier.

No cheating - and dedication to the stair climber.

Plan: minimum 500 feet per day on climber. Alternate pushups, pullups and body squats.

I dropped 10 pounds in my first 2 weeks by going 100% - but then slipped a few times over the last week or so and could instantly feel worse. Need to rededicate myself to 100% and refuse to step on a scale.

PrimalLizard: I don't know if you are close to Reno or not, but DAMN the Rib Cookoff! Too much temptation.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast