Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 6

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in!! I have been gaining and losing the same 5-10 lbs for over a year now, and I'm ready to move on!

Goal: Feel good, be active!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    you think one day off isn't going to mess up your groove, go for it.
    My only thought is that they are so adamant on no small slips as it messes up the systems. It would probably literally be a few drinks and a potentially non-primal meal (chicken? steak?) and maybe cake, so not an all day bender. I guess I will go forward, and see how it goes. I can also start over, and it is probably nothing but a benefit to eat Whole 30 anyway.

Ellen is offline Member
    Day 2 is going well! No breakfast due to lack of hunger (late dinner last night -- I'm not doing the "eat within 30 min of waking" thing), then had another bowl of chili for lunch. BAS will be dinner. My husband and I are both on board as of yesterday. We have also been starting to read up on fermenting foods -- pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, and other vegetables. Going to head to the midday farmer's market tomorrow during the lunch hour to see what fresh veggies we can find for the week to eat fresh/grilled/steamed, and *maybe* fermented!

VickiLynn is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I'd love to join you all! I started my first Whole30 six days ago, but started over today (had a slip up---hahaha--- with some cookie dough yesterday).

I'm excited about this!

I'm in. I did 13 weeks in the spring and have been semi whole 30 since. I'd like to refresh again

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Count me in too! I am on Day 5 of my first whole 30. I was reading about it last Thursday and decided to just jump in the next day instead of waiting for Sept 1. I am following the strict Whole30 rules. I need some structure.

I have been dabbling in Primal for about a year but haven't fully committed until now. My ultimate long term goals are fat loss and improvement of allergies and sinus issues. I'm fighting a sinus headache right now, as a matter of fact. Anyway, so far it's been going good for me. Looking forward to having a group on here for support.

VickiLynn is offline Junior Member
    Hey, I'd love to join you all! I started my first Whole30 six days ago, but started over today (had a slip up---hahaha--- with some cookie dough yesterday).

I'm excited about this!

PrimallyJenna is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post
    I have been dabbling in Primal for about a year but haven't fully committed until now. My ultimate long term goals are fat loss and improvement of allergies and sinus issues. I'm fighting a sinus headache right now, as a matter of fact.
    PrimalLizard-Have you tried eliminating dairy before? I found that anytime I have dairy I get sinus congestion and headaches that don't clear up until a week or so after the most recent exposure. I have found the only thing I can tolerate is ghee and occasional grass-fed butter (though not when doing a Whole30-today was my day 8).

KimNKY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    To cut back on fruit, try buying only enough for a week at a time, so if you run out, you can't have anymore (yes, you could go out and buy it, but for me, that works well enough). I have found that the thick coconut creme in a can of Native Forest coconut milk (haven't found another brand that thickens like this one does) is sweet enough for coffee/tea beverages and definitely recommend giving it a shot without sweeteners. Technically, the Whole30 does not allow for any added sugar, so a sweetener should not be used anyway, but we all have different goals
    Thanks for the advice! When the farmers market is running I do try to only shop there and once a week so the fruit idea should definitely be do-able. With peach and apple season coming, it'll be better to have the "single servings" instead of buying a melon or container of berries and mindlessly eating the whole thing. :/
    I just looked and realized the coconut creamer I've been using has an added sweetener- D'OH! So will also look for the kind in a can. I'd like to completely cut the coffee out and have been working on that (down to 1-2 cups a day from almost a whole pot)... but I'm physically addicted to caffeine, and get headaches when I don't have it. So maybe this will help me detox and finally kick the habit!

This is my first whole30 so not sure how my body will react, but here are my goals:
    -ZERO grains!
    -Cut out all dairy except homemade Greek yogurt
    -One piece/serving of fruit per day
    -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
    -Try to eliminate caffeine
    -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
    -Do weight lifting exercise 3 times per week
    Last edited by KimNKY; 08-28-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Added afterthoughts

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    I'm in. Summer was kind of a disaster for me - especially last week when I was on vacation. I have started back on track two days ago and am looking to stay clean at least through the end of September. I will keep dairy in my diet as a source of fat and calories, but ZERO grains, no caffeine, and back to the gym!
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast