Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 32

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Still thinking of ideas for next week's meals. Need to get on that since we'll be shopping tomorrow night! One idea is a beef roast paired with garlic/bacon mashed cauliflower and oven roasted veggie combo (carrots/onions/celery/bacon, maybe?)
    This sounds amazing!

Today is, I guess, Day 30. But I have not done well for the last little while as I mentioned and allowed a lot of things with added sugars to sneak back in. As a result, I have gained back weight - probably partly because of being on my lady time, too.

I am determined to do a new Whole30 this month, but I will allow myself both butter and Romano cheese.

Sigh. :X I was doing so well for so long.

urallsheep is offline Junior Member
    Glad I'm not the only one! (Had to wait to start my Whole30 until after the month of birthday hell that is August and then plunged head-first the day after me and the hub's anniversary.)

Day 18 of my first Whole30 here and I feel amazing. Just registered on the forum here at MDA, so i wasn't able to check in initially, but so far I have dropped ~13 pounds and am into my pre-pregnancy jeans, which is a fantastic start for me! (I know, technically not supposed to weigh yourself during the Whole30 at the risk of becoming discouraged, but whatever. I also happen to be in the process of tracking my weight daily to display on a graph to illustrate how weight loss isn't a linear event.)

I have energy levels that I haven't experienced in years--if ever. I didn't have any major or specific ailments that I was looking to improve with the Whole30 program, I just happened to read "It Starts With Food" and much like PB and everything here on the apple, it made complete sense and gave me the push I needed to drop the grains, sugar, unhealthy oils, etc. once and for all. I see absolutely no reason to re-incorporate them into my life, either, even after this start to self-experimentation has reached the 30-day mark. I am far from my ultimate weight and fitness goals, so my Whole30 will probably end up being more like a Whole180-ish thing....

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I did have my first mess up this morning. I wanted a smoothie and did coconut milk, banana, strawberries, blueberries and sunflower seed butter. I liked the spoon of the sunflower seed butter and was like damn, this is like a Reese's cup.... yeah, it has cane sugar in it. Minor ingredient, I had used about a tablespoon, 1.5 grams of sugar. I'm not going to start over- I wasn't aware, it was pretty minor and it didn't trigger anything. However, big indicator of the change in my taste buds- I bought that jar 2 months ago and remember it being a salty sensation, not registering of sweetness.

The smoothie was awesome. I am going to get some almond butter so I can use those for breakfast. I may make one tomorrow sans nut butter and see how far it gets me without the added fat/protein.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was the completion of the whole 30 for me. I lost 7.5 cm from my waist .

I did not weigh myself before as I gave my scales the heave ho when I stared this whole primal journey and its so good to be free of that number on the scale dictating my day.

Now for the challenge of grand final football party and a friends 50th.I have no desire to eat anything other than whats allowed on the whole 30 program to my surprise.

How is everyone else doing?

JayGee is offline Member
    Today is Day 30!!!!! I am feeling so great, mentally and physically, and certainly have no desire to go back. So tomorrow I will weigh myself (for the first time in 30 days) and keep on going, eating I have been on Whole30. Well, maybe I will have a glass of red wine .

JayGee is offline Member
    Finished my 30 days on Sunday! Here are some of the changes I noticed:

Eczema is GONE!
    Athlete's foot is gone and my yucky toenail is growing normally
    Very even moods
    Very little anger; much more patient with my children
    Sugar cravings are gone!
    Hair has stopped falling out as much
    Sleeping great, but still wake up before I would like to and tend to fall asleep too early for my husband's taste!
    And finally, I lost 9 pounds going from 130 at the start to 121 as of Monday morning. I am only 6 pounds from my goal now (yes I am short, only 5'1).

I am definitely continuing to eat Whole 30 style, and want to add in a little more exercise. This past month all I really did was go to physical therapy 3x a week. The one thing Whole30 didn't fix is my SI joint problems.

I can go with whole 30 as it will be very difficult for me

Casey is offline Member
    *waving hands around* I'm in! I'm in! Doing whole30 for the rest of August, so September will slide right in there.

No dairy, sugar, grains, or alcohol for me. (well, a bite of Trader Joe's dark chocolate with almonds. MAYbe.)
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Dude, just wanted to let you know you're stirring up threads from 2012, not 2013......

Not trying to be bitchy, just stating da troof!

Julia

Casey is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *slinking away* eeep sorry jeebus will read better gah
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132