Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 31

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    _ Well I made it to day 20 and then it fell apart, I had pizza cravings and I decided to give in. I'm working on the why I gave in to it. A combination of a couple of things I think, I was in a "I can't be assed to cook mood" (could have re-heat leftovers for dinner though rather than had the pizza) and the kinda bigger probably of being bored of eating salad + protein for lunch and then meat + veggies for dinner.
    I can definitely say that 'once you go primal you can't go back' is true for me, my gut is on the angry side with the grains.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    _ Well I made it to day 20 and then it fell apart, I had pizza cravings and I decided to give in. I'm working on the why I gave in to it. A combination of a couple of things I think, I was in a "I can't be assed to cook mood" (could have re-heat leftovers for dinner though rather than had the pizza) and the kinda bigger probably of being bored of eating salad + protein for lunch and then meat + veggies for dinner.
    I can definitely say that 'once you go primal you can't go back' is true for me, my gut is on the angry side with the grains.
    Doh! Sorry to hear that Rach.

I've been craving pizza so bad lately too - but not the crust! I just want sauce meat and veggies smothered in cheeses, lol.

It is day 24 for me. I do feel better than I have this week. I have managed (barely) to not eat the FREE catered Panda Express birthday lunch at work today. The final hurdle will be turning down the Ice Cream Cake later on. =/

On the one hand, it feels good to even be capable of saying no. On the other hand... it kinda sucks not being able to enjoy confections with co-workers.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    well, I made it! Day 30 was yesterday. I finally stepped on the scale and did my measurements and I'm pleased with the results.

Weight loss = -9 pounds
    Inches lost:
    Waist = -1.5
    Abs (2 inches below belly button to capture the tummy pooch) = -2.5
    Hips = -1
    Upper thighs= -1 each thigh
    Bust = -1

I have reintroduced dairy and will see how that goes. So far, I'm feeling stuffier already Anyway, the whole 30 was a success for me. I can't remember ever losing 9 pounds and that many inches in 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    don't beat yourself up about it and just jump back in. You learn from all the choices you make.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Doh! Sorry to hear that Rach.

I've been craving pizza so bad lately too - but not the crust! I just want sauce meat and veggies smothered in cheeses, lol.

It is day 24 for me. I do feel better than I have this week. I have managed (barely) to not eat the FREE catered Panda Express birthday lunch at work today. The final hurdle will be turning down the Ice Cream Cake later on. =/

On the one hand, it feels good to even be capable of saying no. On the other hand... it kinda sucks not being able to enjoy confections with co-workers.
    sounds like you've been facing a lot of temptations! keep it up, you're almost there!

JayGee is offline Member
    Nice job, Primal Lizard!!!

I am on Day 23 and honestly, don't feel so great. I think this virus is hanging on longer than it ought to. I went to a big party yesterday where they roasted a whole pig!!! I did have a gulp of red wine to toast the guest of honor, but no dessert (didn't even want it) and lots of delicious pork.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I am on Day 27. I have to admit though, that I have not been very strict over the last 4 days or so. By Whole30 rules, I should have started over. But I simply cannot bring myself to do that. I need to be done with it for now.

I am considering doing another in october, but without removing dairy. I am down with no processed foods and no added sugars, and of course I swear by no grains... but I miss dairy much more than I ever expected I would.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post
    I have reintroduced dairy and will see how that goes. So far, I'm feeling stuffier already
    I dont know if this thread, or where, but I never made the connection between dairy and stuffiness. Then the other day, I had a different brand of yogurt, and I felt stuffier. I have always just thought I had allergies, like to certain outdoor stuff. I even thought maybe with the change in weather, something had changed in the air, I didnt know. But then I read something, and then I remembered it was different yogurt and I had twice as much on two occasions. I havent had it again, and am clearing up. I have had other dairy since then, and I am just my regular only a little bit stuffy self. hmmmm
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

where are the rest of the whole30 sept people? Hope you haven't all dropped off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I am on Day 27. I have to admit though, that I have not been very strict over the last 4 days or so. By Whole30 rules, I should have started over. But I simply cannot bring myself to do that. I need to be done with it for now.

I am considering doing another in october, but without removing dairy. I am down with no processed foods and no added sugars, and of course I swear by no grains... but I miss dairy much more than I ever expected I would.
    I agree with your decision not to start over. I know that's what they say over on the whole9 site but I don't necessarily think it's
    healthy emotionally to do so. Just finish up this one and if you strongly feel the need to have a "perfect" whole30, then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I dont know if this thread, or where, but I never made the connection between dairy and stuffiness. Then the other day, I had a different brand of yogurt, and I felt stuffier. I have always just thought I had allergies, like to certain outdoor stuff. I even thought maybe with the change in weather, something had changed in the air, I didnt know. But then I read something, and then I remembered it was different yogurt and I had twice as much on two occasions. I havent had it again, and am clearing up. I have had other dairy since then, and I am just my regular only a little bit stuffy self. hmmmm
    yep, there is quite the connection between dairy and sinus/allergy issues when you start looking into it. I'm thinking I will mainly avoid dairy and occasionally allow some cheese because I love cheese and once in awhile, it's worth a little suffering to enjoy it. I had some ice cream last night and between the dairy and the sugar, I am not feeling so hot today.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 19 or 20? Forgot, LOL. Hanging in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm on day 19 or 20? Forgot, LOL. Hanging in just fine.
    that's great!

Ellen is offline Member
    Congratulations to all of the successes (physical, emotional, mental, etc.) out there! And "you can do it!" to those finishing up in the next week or two!

I've been crazy busy this past week and haven't checked in. Also, I'm pretty sure I was avoiding the forum after I had two days in a row with artificial sweeteners (sucralose and ace k) -- I think around days 22-23 (Noooooo!!!). Other than that, I completed the Whole30 yesterday. I will weigh myself and do measurements on Saturday, if I remember, and see how the month played out. Unfortunately, I didn't take measurements at the beginning, so I won't see the change from the past month, but I will have the fat loss (I know it is some, since I've weighed weekly-ish).

Not sure that my diet will change much in the weeks to come. We are still working our super-budget strategy (to prioritize bulking up the savings account) which inadvertently restricts pretty much all dairy. It is a trick to get all of the meat/veggies/fat/coconut/berries on the budget we've set for ourselves. Batch cooking for the week continues. This week we've been having a delicious red/massaman curry (inspired by PrimalLizard!!) with cauliflower/green beans/carrots/onions and beef stew meat as our first meal. Second meal is a meaty (ground beef) homemade tomato sauce with zucchini/onions/mushrooms eaten with a side of steamed green cabbage wedges (1/4 cabbage). I've been drizzling the cabbage wedges with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (plus salt and pepper) after heating it up. The balsamic tends to spread into the meat sauce which has been a surprisingly delicious combo: balsamic + tomato sauce = yum!

Still thinking of ideas for next week's meals. Need to get on that since we'll be shopping tomorrow night! One idea is a beef roast paired with garlic/bacon mashed cauliflower and oven roasted veggie combo (carrots/onions/celery/bacon, maybe?)

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast