Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 30

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Day 23. I don't feel 100% but I am back at work anyway with my homemade chicken soup to bolster me.

Weighed today: 289.5 :3 Squee. A total of 52 pounds lost thus far, 18 of them since I started whole30. Miraculous.
    deee (geek/dork pronunciation of smiley). that is very cool.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'm copying this from my journal. Yesterday was day 30. I'm really pleased with the whole thing. I never did get the big burst of energy (maybe that's somehow related to being primal for over 2 years at this point?), and have a lot of headaches the past 3 weeks, but energy levels have been steadily improving over the last week, as the headaches have been decreasing.

The W30 experience is done. It was much easier that I thought. I suppose, for me anyway, cutting the extras (dairy, sugar and wine) was more of a mindset, and is completely doable. I will include wine back into my life, and butter (though not necessarily every day, ghee is plenty fine for almost everything), and good cheese here and there.

Through the month, I've also been walking regularly, and made a conscious effort (finally) to get more sleep. Getting to bed earlier has not been a chore, and I feel better through the day on closer to 8 hours regularly, rather than the 6-7 that had become my norm. That's okay to function, but not function well.

As for quantitative results, here's the tally:

Day 1 ***************** Day 15************Day 30
    Height: 5 ft 6 in
    Weight: 150.6***********145.2 (-5.4 lb) *******143.6 (-7 lb)
    waist: 29.5 in************28.75 in (-0.75 in)*****28.25 (-1.25 in)
    belly (at navel): 33 in*******31.5 in (-1.5 in)******31 (-2 in)
    hips: 39.25 in************38.5 in (-0.75 in)******38.25 (-1 in)
    right thigh: 23 in**********22.5 in (-0.5 in).******22.25 (-0.75 in)

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I have seen the scale nearly another pound less (142.8) a couple of times, so that will come. Thinking that something like another 10 lb of fat loss will be about right to get rid of the remaining extra stuff. I plan to return to the plan after the vacation, and hopefully get rid of that last bit by Christmas. Finally. Probably aim for some sustained ketosis for a change and see how that feels.

I thought about indulging a bit tonight, but really wasn't interested. The raw milk cheese I bought on the weekend is still untouched. I looked at my dark chocolate stash, but that held no particular appeal. I did add 2 drops of stevia to the coconut milk I topped my frozen blueberries with tonight just to see how that was, and it was fine, but it's just as fine without.

I am, however, having a glass of wine. The homemade stuff we bottled about 3 weeks ago, untasted till today. It's good.

Hang in there the rest of you, there's definitely a feeling of self satisfaction at actually staying the course and making it to the end.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Good for you greensprout. Those measurements are great. Funny how most people finishing the whole 30 talk about not wanting to resume all of the foods they had to cut out.

Qqumokitty great measurements for you too congrats

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Just 3 more days for me. It's gone much faster than I thought. I'm not sure how much weight I have lost. It will probably be less than I hope but I know i've lost some inches in various spots. This has been a very great process for me. I haven't felt this in control of food since before I gained weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I have read that even the recovered alcoholics never stop missing alcohol. I am trying to emotionally prepare myself to the possibility of always missing fruit and sugar AND avoiding it 99% of the time. Emotions are emotions. I will feel them. Food is food. I can make rational & mindful choices of what to eat and what to avoid.
    You've had quite a journey and really very few people are willing to make those tough choices about food. Managing to separate emotions and food is quite a challenge. I have really been empowered by this whole30 process and will see where this all takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Maybe time away from the gym would be good for me, I am thinking of doing this The Nerd Fitness Playground Workout | Nerd Fitness tonight instead.
    Hope you had fun, whatever you chose to do!

Day 23. I don't feel 100% but I am back at work anyway with my homemade chicken soup to bolster me.

Weighed today: 289.5 :3 Squee. A total of 52 pounds lost thus far, 18 of them since I started whole30. Miraculous.
    Great results! Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm copying this from my journal. Yesterday was day 30. I'm really pleased with the whole thing. I never did get the big burst of energy (maybe that's somehow related to being primal for over 2 years at this point?), and have a lot of headaches the past 3 weeks, but energy levels have been steadily improving over the last week, as the headaches have been decreasing.
    congrats on completing your whole30! You had great weight loss and inch loss!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    wow primal Lizard only 3 more days are you planning to stay whole 30(ish)?

JayGee is offline Member
    Greenspout - congratulations on a successful Whole30!

Qqemokitty - glad you are feeling better. Your weight loss is fantastic!

Day 20 today. I am still coughing a bit from my weekend illness, but my appetite has returned. Tonight I am grilling shrimp. I have definitely lost inches because my jeans were falling off me yesterday and 3 weeks ago they were uncomfortably snug.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    So cool! Wonderful to see the cheerful posts like that first thing in the morning! Energizing.

You've had quite a journey and really very few people are willing to make those tough choices about food. Managing to separate emotions and food is quite a challenge. I have really been empowered by this whole30 process and will see where this all takes me.
    I have never understood the rules of psychological engagement till I started seriously reading Susan Albers. It is so simple it hurts how I could fall into the same mind traps again, and again, and again. I got my wake-up call, when like 47 or 48 out of 50 'most common excuses' from her book was applicable to me. The title of the book is misleading, it is not excuses, it is the way of thinking about food that is just so ingrained... Anyway. I am more and more convinced that the road to health for me lies with sorting out the head. That's the hardest.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I think yesterday was day 22 and this is 23. im not sure anymore.

i am still having a lot of problems with food. nothing appeals to me, everything feels gross in my mouth, and im having TERRIBLE cravings for the first time in a long time. I want pizza, mashed potatoes, and corn chips with salsa, particularly. i didn't get any cravings at all at the beginning of my whole30, so this is weird. >.<

not much else to report. PMS is making me feel like crap on a stick.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Make fresh salsa, qqemokitty, it is completely Whole30. You can put it on any piece of protein that appeals to you (I love it on shrimp or salmon) or scoop it with sliced cucumbers, radishes or celery if you want something cooler. If you have dehydrator, make sweet potato chips, my husband raves about those. Who would have thought that buying a dehydrator would make a man happy???

Do you like mushed cauliflower? I like it more than m. potatoes...

Hang in there, and get well!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    wow primal Lizard only 3 more days are you planning to stay whole 30(ish)?
    I am going to re-introduce dairy for a few days and see how i feel. i plan to stay fairly whole 30 but probably won't be quite as strict. i will stay grain free though.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Day 20 today. I am still coughing a bit from my weekend illness, but my appetite has returned. Tonight I am grilling shrimp. I have definitely lost inches because my jeans were falling off me yesterday and 3 weeks ago they were uncomfortably snug.
    great progress! Hope you'll recover completely soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I have never understood the rules of psychological engagement till I started seriously reading Susan Albers. It is so simple it hurts how I could fall into the same mind traps again, and again, and again. I got my wake-up call, when like 47 or 48 out of 50 'most common excuses' from her book was applicable to me. The title of the book is misleading, it is not excuses, it is the way of thinking about food that is just so ingrained... Anyway. I am more and more convinced that the road to health for me lies with sorting out the head. That's the hardest.
    i will have to check out that book. sounds like exactly what i need.
    I think yesterday was day 22 and this is 23. im not sure anymore.

i am still having a lot of problems with food. nothing appeals to me, everything feels gross in my mouth, and im having TERRIBLE cravings for the first time in a long time. I want pizza, mashed potatoes, and corn chips with salsa, particularly. i didn't get any cravings at all at the beginning of my whole30, so this is weird. >.<

not much else to report. PMS is making me feel like crap on a stick.
    I hope you start to feel better soon and find something appealing to eat.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast