Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 3

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Y'all kinda miss the point of whole30, what with the deviations and weighing. That is so not what it's about.
    Me, I'm gonna be brave and try Whole30 properly for September (so no deviations from the program on the website), though I might actually start on September 2nd and do the Whole30 until 1st October.
    Last edited by Spooky_Rach; 08-23-2012 at 04:32 AM.

liyatle is offline Junior Member
    I'm in! I was just thinking about doing it, and then didn't know when to start because I had special plans for the weekend. September sounds good!

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Kinda a random question but it is Whole30 related - was wondering if anyone had tried out The Whole30 Daily (https://daily.whole9life.com/)? I'm tempted to use it if I do a Whole30 during September to give me extra ass-kicking but I'm not sure.

homunculus is offline Member
    I' iin! continuing on from last month c:
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

PrimallyJenna is offline Member
    I'm in too. I'm actually on Day 3 of my second Whole30 now, so I'll be continuing through to September. I'll be following all the rules but also limiting nuts and fruit because for me they continue to feed the sugar monster and I want to try to get rid of my sugar cravings for good. I'm sure I'll have some fruit, especially since my CSA has promised grapes and plums in the next couple weeks (though grapes freeze very well for a nice hot weather snack).

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. I've almost used up all the dairy, I'm not eating as clean as I used to, and so September will be a pretty good time to start a whole30. I had wanted to follow the 30 day autoimmune meal plan from Practical Paleo, but Amazon is telling me it won't be shipped until Sept 7-14, dagnabbit!

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Well, if this is where those of us who are making "exceptions" will be, count me in! :-)

I did a primal 30 in August, it's going well. I kept the stevia in my coffee, but wouldn't you know, the whole9 concept of sugar making me want more sugar is spot on. So the stevia goes (gasp!). My exception is dairy. I'm nursing, and it was becoming reallly hard on me to not have yogurt. With yogurt, I can go indefinitely. So there you have it! The challenge for me is kicking the stevia (whimper) and the wine (double whimper... although the primal 30 has caused me to cut that back a lot too). Yay, let's do it y'all!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Don't they say you have to eat protein the minute you wake up, as early in the morning as possible?

Yikes...

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    Don't they say you have to eat protein the minute you wake up, as early in the morning as possible?

Yikes...
    Who is "they"? The Whole30 people? I don't know. Maybe you are thinking of the Leptin Reset, which requires 50g of protein (that's like a decent size steak, not that awful to me!) within 30 min of waking, I think.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post

Yikes...
    In the "It Starts With Food" book (written by the W30 folks), they say:

As for meal 1, don't put it off for too long, even if you're not hungry. If you're not hungry first thing in the morning, that tells us that your hormones are off. And one of the best ways to get those hormones back in line is to eat something in the morning, when it's biologically appropriate.

Ideally, eat meal 1 within an hour of waking. It doesn't matter whether you wake at 6 am or 3pm for shift work - wake, then eat. This is important.

Remember, leptin has a daily rhythm tied to your eating schedule. Which mans that if you start eating too late in the day, your entire leptin pattern can be thrown off. Which means that at night, when leptin should be high, it won't be. And cortisol, correlated with leptin dysfunction, will tend to make you crave more food. Usually not the good kind, either. Which means that you'll be prowling through your pantry or freezer after dinner looking for a snack. Which leads to more hormonal disruption.

So, wake up and eat meal 1 pretty soon afterward.

They also say that a cup or two of coffee in the morning is okay, but insist you eat meal 1 before having that first cup.

For the last 2 weeks, I've started eating breakfast again (have been mostly IF breakfast and sometimes lunch too, for a long time). I'm actually waking up hungry for the first time is quite a while. But I do have coffee first. Morning during the week for me means up, pour coffee, shower, drink coffee while grooming, then breakfast within 30-45 min of waking before dashing out the door to work. Seems to be working fine thus far. Second coffee is in the car on the way to work, then I stick to green/oolong/rooibos or herbal tea the rest of the day.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast