Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 29

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Have you tried fruit? I haven't had an appetite for the last few days, but some cantaloupe hit the spot. Oddly, strawberries tasted awful, as did an apple. Who knows....
    I might try this half an orange I didn't get to yesterday. :3 Last night I had chicken and veggies for dinner and it was yummy. But gosh I just don't know what's up with me lately.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My disinterest with food continues. >.< Day 21. I feel hungry but when I try to eat some things, it makes me almost gag. I cooked veggies, sweet potato cubes, and organic mini sausage in coconut oil for breakfast and everything about it makes me want to hurl. The hard boiled egg and pickle is all I can bear to eat from what I brought.
    I get tired of the heavy, fatty fare after awhile. I like some acid and sweet to my foods at times. This is my "go to" recipe when I am tired of "heavy"...it's filling and yummy and fresh and tangy and sweet and ohsogood.

Tropical Chopped Salad | theclothesmakethegirl

So maybe try some fresher foods. A nice salad with grilled chicken, think light, fresh. Fish with a mango salsa.

Well now I do think I am sick. Nausea, shivering, skin hurting, and joints aching. This escalated rather suddenly.

I want chicken soup and my bed. And not to barf on my desk at work. D: I think I will have to go home.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Ouch, sorry to hear. You go home and get well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Ellen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I've never had sunflower butter, what does it taste like?
    It tastes like YUM It is probably my favorite nut/seed butter. Super creamy -- but taste is hard to explain. It must taste just like sunflower seeds, but I haven't had those in a long time. It is definitely worth trying, if you eat nut/seed butters. Not sure about O6 content compared to other nut/seed butters, though. The ingredients in mine were: sunflower seeds and sea salt. I think it was the MaraNatha brand, though I think they also have one that contains added sugar (boo!)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post
    Well, you made it through staying whole 30 and that's what's important. At least you didn't grab some doughnuts! good luck on adjusting to no hormonal bc. I have been on the pill for years. I have PCOS so I am staying on it for now to help control that but we'll see in the future.
    Agreed! I'm pleased that my "off the wagon" was apples and nut butter, not doughnuts and pizza, which it would have been in the past -- even as recently as a couple of months ago. Yeah, the hormonal thing will be interesting. I'm curious to see what happens to my cycle. I haven't had a natural cycle since age 18.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    [I] Ellen,
    I tossed the carrot , red onion and sweet potato in cumin and then added sesame seeds and a chunk of lard and baked until it was all caramelised about 1 hour in a 180 degree Celsius oven. Make sure you cut your vegetables up to even sizes so they cook at the same rate I usually half the carrots then chop roughly. I steamed the broccolini.I twas so good I have made it again this week.

Today is day 16 and my clothes are looser I have a reasonably new pair of jeans on with a belt and they are starting to sag on me
    Who knew that this would have happened well lots of people here I guess!. I always thought the whole 30 would have been way too tough to do... but the cravings go away and I have mental clarity like never before.
    Congratulations on the body re-composition! Awesome The first time I tried a Whole30 (October 2011) it was really, really hard for me. I don't think I made it past 3 weeks. This time around it has been much, much easier. Not sure what's made the difference, but I'm stoked! And, thanks for the details on the veggie bake!! Yum

I feel very "free" this Whole 30. I am not tracking calories, carbs, or macros. I am not weighing or measuring myself. I am not tracking calories burned or minutes exercised. None of that. And boy does it feel good to not obsess!
    I hear you on not obsessing! I am loving that aspect of this, too. I am making an effort to eat very low carb, moderate protein, high fat, but am just doing it by guess/instinct, not by any type of measuring, counting, or tracking. Congratulations on your great journey!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm enjoying the meals for the most part (dinner is always awesome), but want a different breakfast. I want some primal pancakes or a smoothie!
    Can't remember if you do okay with coconut milk -- if so, what about a coconut milk smoothie?

Well now I do think I am sick. Nausea, shivering, skin hurting, and joints aching. This escalated rather suddenly. I want chicken soup and my bed. And not to barf on my desk at work. D: I think I will have to go home.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Feel well soon!! Before you said this, I was going to ask is if you might possibly be pregnant Food cravings/aversions and whatnot. I guess not!

Ellen is offline Member
    Day 23 -- Wow, just one more week to go! I'm not sure that I will change much after 30 days, since this is working really well on our super budget and weekly batch cooking. I think I will loosen the reigns on dairy for office-sponsored lunches or eating at friends' homes, though. We have some primal friends, but they are pretty dairy-intensive, so we haven't been over for dinner since starting the Whole30. Even potluck style I feel weird just eating the food I brought! Not weird at a big potluck, but definitely weird with a potluck of two couples :P

We got our coconut butter last night in the mail -- OMFG, YUM!! That stuff is like crack. Seriously amazing. Gotta be careful, because I could eat an entire packet without realizing it (I think 1400 calories per packet?). We got the Let's Do Organic Creamed Coconut, 7-Ounce Packets. I'm keeping one packet at work in my desk as my "emergency fat"

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Today is day 16 and my clothes are looser I have a reasonably new pair of jeans on with a belt and they are starting to sag on me
    Who knew that this would have happened well lots of people here I guess!. I always thought the whole 30 would have been way too tough to do... but the cravings go away and I have mental clarity like never before.
    Yay on the loose jeans! I have saggy pants syndrome, too. I need to dig back in the closet and see if i have anything in the next size down. Yes, I have quite the collection of sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Today is Day 17 for me . Yesterday was spent kind of recovery from the weekend and the crazy amount of chocolate I managed to eat _. Should have been to the gym last night but I wasn't feeling the love for LHT so went for a walk instead.
    walking is good!

Today is day 18 for me. I am finally getting over whatever virus I had all weekend and was actually hungry for the first time in a couple of days this morning. I feel very "free" this Whole 30. I am not tracking calories, carbs, or macros. I am not weighing or measuring myself. I am not tracking calories burned or minutes exercised. None of that. And boy does it feel good to not obsess!
    Yep, I'm loving the free feeling too. I am not obsessed with food, weight, etc. so great!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Day 14, starting to feel better, more energy. Staying compliant. But wow, holy heartburn. I'm surprised because with primal it eliminated heartburn. And it's after pretty much every meal, even something as simple as avocado and eggs. I did recently get a new brand of kelp and calcium supplement so maybe it is more about that. Who knows.

But its been good-I'm enjoying the meals for the most part (dinner is always awesome), but want a different breakfast. I want some primal pancakes or a smoothie!
    Hope you can figure out the heartburn issue and a breakfast that sounds good. too much pork fat can give me heartburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    That's never final, as everything changes all the time. I think we all have that invisible line that we have to cross with a certain food after which we can start disentangling the emotional attachment to food. After that the "I can't live without XYZ" or "But I absolutely despise ABC!" fade away, and you can actually experiment with your body's reaction to the inputs. Successful "natural" body builders have a mastery of this approach.
    that's true. a year ago I didn't think I could live without grains and here I am thriving without them.

Well now I do think I am sick. Nausea, shivering, skin hurting, and joints aching. This escalated rather suddenly.

I want chicken soup and my bed. And not to barf on my desk at work. D: I think I will have to go home.
    Feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Day 23 -- Wow, just one more week to go! I'm not sure that I will change much after 30 days, since this is working really well on our super budget and weekly batch cooking. I think I will loosen the reigns on dairy for office-sponsored lunches or eating at friends' homes, though.
    sounds like a good plan.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    that's true. a year ago I didn't think I could live without grains and here I am thriving without them.
    Bread and pasta was painless for me, as I never really 'loved' them. I think my first emotional parting was millet and buckwheat, when I went from whole foods to whole grains. Fruit was very hard, because for many years, any diet that said 'limit', let allow 'exclude' fruit got an emphatic "GO F'K YOURSELF!" from me. It took me over a year to drop fruit for the first time. Completely. No cheats. It clued me in that I can go a day, then a week, without touching fruit. I also noticed that I have at first a reaction when handling fruit that I noticed in alcoholics when they drink. My hands were shaking, I was snappy and irritable. I knew something was not right, but I still I broke down the first time, and started eating fruit again.

But then I ran into the simple statement that "We are often addicted to the very thing that harms us' and I am facing the truth that I am addicted to fruit and that I get the pleasure reaction from them & a sugar rush, just like an alcoholic from spirits, and that is why I cannot control my intake. I can now control my nuts and it used to be a problem, but I did not learn to control fruit. Because I am a step away from pre-diabetic, this time I am making a serious effort at the Savory Life.

On the other end of the spectrum, I also learned to eat things I was not attracted to, like butter and bacon. I have no emotional attachment to the fats, but this morning I thought about tea with butter and salt as a treat. I had not lapsed into a dream of a bowl of fruit and yogurt or hot chocolate. That's good. I hope it happens more often.

I have read that even the recovered alcoholics never stop missing alcohol. I am trying to emotionally prepare myself to the possibility of always missing fruit and sugar AND avoiding it 99% of the time. Emotions are emotions. I will feel them. Food is food. I can make rational & mindful choices of what to eat and what to avoid.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 17 turned out okay.
    Today - day 18, food is far so good . I'm having a problem/trouble with the gym going, I just be bothered this week. I should be going tonight, but at the moment I have no desire to go. Maybe time away from the gym would be good for me, I am thinking of doing this The Nerd Fitness Playground Workout | Nerd Fitness tonight instead.

Day 23. I don't feel 100% but I am back at work anyway with my homemade chicken soup to bolster me.

Weighed today: 289.5 :3 Squee. A total of 52 pounds lost thus far, 18 of them since I started whole30. Miraculous.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast