Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 28

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm still here and still whole 30. had some digestive issues today. Not sure what that was about as my diet has been pretty steady. I cooked up some meats and veggies for the week tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Heya, good folks. Took dropping the fruit, keeping carbs under 30 g net and dropping fermented dairy in the bargain... but the weight finally stopped running away on me.
    that's great you were able to figure out what works for you. that sucks about the fruit, though. at least in the winter there is less fruit around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Day 20 I feel ok. I have lost a bit more weight.

But I am having a small problem. Complete lack of appetite /finding food unappealing.
    I have had this happen a few days during my whole 30 too. I could barely choke down my eggs or meat. what worked for me was to switch things up and try a new recipe. I guess it's tough if you have already done your shopping but maybe try to use what you have in a new way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Day 22 - wahoo! The weekend was a *bit* crazy. Yep, it involved a jar of almond butter and a jar of sunflower butter. Well, half of each jar (my husband had the other half). About 1000 calories each day of nut/seed butter. And one large apple each day. There was almost dark chocolate also, but I resisted. Though I slipped from my self imposed no fruit/no nuts, I remained Whole30, which I'm glad about. No cravings today -- my "treat" weekend is over. I'd like to blame it on some crazy hormone action going on, but who knows. I made the decision to ditch the hormonal birth control on Thursday, so I may have been somewhat affected by that (excuses, excuses!). Goodbye NuvaRing forever! After 13 years on those artificial hormones I'm looking forward to being without them.
    well, you made it through staying whole 30 and that's what's important. At least you didn't grab some doughnuts! good luck on adjusting to no hormonal bc. I have been on the pill for years. I have PCOS so I am staying on it for now to help control that but we'll see in the future.

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Ellen,
    I tossed the carrot , red onion and sweet potato in cumin and then added sesame seeds and a chunk of lard and baked until it was all caramelised about 1 hour in a 180 degree Celsius oven. Make sure you cut your vegetables up to even sizes so they cook at the same rate I usually half the carrots then chop roughly. I steamed the broccolini.I twas so good I have made it again this week.

We bought a whole lamb today so I am sitting here smelling the sweet smell of a leg roasting and bones are also in the oven for marrow and to make a broth with. We also bought goat which I have never cooked before and have it slow cooking in a korma curry for later in the week. I Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Today is day 16 and my clothes are looser I have a reasonably new pair of jeans on with a belt and they are starting to sag on me
    Who knew that this would have happened well lots of people here I guess!. I always thought the whole 30 would have been way too tough to do... but the cravings go away and I have mental clarity like never before.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Today is Day 17 for me . Yesterday was spent kind of recovery from the weekend and the crazy amount of chocolate I managed to eat _. Should have been to the gym last night but I wasn't feeling the love for LHT so went for a walk instead.

JayGee is offline Member
    Today is day 18 for me. I am finally getting over whatever virus I had all weekend and was actually hungry for the first time in a couple of days this morning. I feel very "free" this Whole 30. I am not tracking calories, carbs, or macros. I am not weighing or measuring myself. I am not tracking calories burned or minutes exercised. None of that. And boy does it feel good to not obsess!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Day 14, starting to feel better, more energy. Staying compliant. But wow, holy heartburn. I'm surprised because with primal it eliminated heartburn. And it's after pretty much every meal, even something as simple as avocado and eggs. I did recently get a new brand of kelp and calcium supplement so maybe it is more about that. Who knows.

But its been good-I'm enjoying the meals for the most part (dinner is always awesome), but want a different breakfast. I want some primal pancakes or a smoothie!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    that's great you were able to figure out what works for you. that sucks about the fruit, though. at least in the winter there is less fruit around anyway.
    That's never final, as everything changes all the time. I think we all have that invisible line that we have to cross with a certain food after which we can start disentangling the emotional attachment to food. After that the "I can't live without XYZ" or "But I absolutely despise ABC!" fade away, and you can actually experiment with your body's reaction to the inputs. Successful "natural" body builders have a mastery of this approach.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    but want a different breakfast.
    Try some sweet potato hash browns! That's been awesome for me changing up my breakfasts from the same old bacon & eggs. Plus you can shred up a bunch of them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge so there's little prep work.
    -Chuck

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Try some sweet potato hash browns!
    Yeah, I made those last sunday. They were good.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    My disinterest with food continues. >.< Day 21. I feel hungry but when I try to eat some things, it makes me almost gag. I cooked veggies, sweet potato cubes, and organic mini sausage in coconut oil for breakfast and everything about it makes me want to hurl. The hard boiled egg and pickle is all I can bear to eat from what I brought.

I don't know what's going on.

JayGee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    My disinterest with food continues. >.< Day 21. I feel hungry but when I try to eat some things, it makes me almost gag. I cooked veggies, sweet potato cubes, and organic mini sausage in coconut oil for breakfast and everything about it makes me want to hurl. The hard boiled egg and pickle is all I can bear to eat from what I brought.

I don't know what's going on.
    Have you tried fruit? I haven't had an appetite for the last few days, but some cantaloupe hit the spot. Oddly, strawberries tasted awful, as did an apple. Who knows....

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast