Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 27

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Whole30 day 30!!!!!!! Made it!

Had my sisters baby shower tmrw and it was proabably the most difficult day- lots of treats (which wasnt the hard part), non paleo options for lunch and the waiter spoke broken Italian and didn't understand my 'allergy' issue. I didn't want to make a scene and picked around my salmon.

Other than that I'm feeling great, not quite ready to end my whole30 here so I'll probably ride it out a bit longer. Heading to Vegas this wk, so I'll make a few exceptions but not totally crash it

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Whole 30 is just a challenge of eating very clean for a month- it's primal but no dairy, chocolate, sugar etc. at all allowed. Basically eliminates that 20%.
    OK, Thanks...I've been doing a whole 30 and didn't know it!!

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Just a week left for me. I'm still cruising along. I grocery shopped as planned on Friday but haven't done prep and cooking for the week yet. I was busy working on outside projects this weekend. Went to another rowing class on Friday. it was great. I'm still feeling it in my abs. Can't get to a class again until Friday but I can go in to the gym and row on my own maybe a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Well its the evening of day 13 for me and I feel great.
    I no longer crave sugar or wine or bread (even though I have not had bread for ages it is my weakness). I am amazed at how this has all panned out for me I never thought I could complete the whole 30 but now I am wondering how I can go back to eating like before.
    I have had shingles for the last two weeks and have felt pretty awful at times (and I was not sure why as in was it the low carb flu or shingles).
    My whole family commented how nice our meals have been which is probably because I have been inventive to keep the family on track. My fav dinner so far was rump steak, broccolini with sweet potato,carrot and red onion tossed in tumeric and baked yummo. I have been in ketosis for days on end and I am wearing a work shirt that did not fit two weeks ago so am pretty happy.
    Hope everyone else is tracking well
    good news about your cravings being gone and slimming down. sorry about the shingles. i've heard that is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by meeme View Post
    I have what is no doubt a stupid question. I just received the book and I've done a search here but I can't locate the information on what a 'whole 30' is...I don't know if I'm in a fog or just inept but could someone give me a clue? Thanks in advance.
    If you want more specific details on the whole30, this link will give you that. there are other resources on that site too.
    The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

I survived the wedding, no booze, ate some fruit, veggies, pork and fish. The only non-whole 30 thing was the sauce on the pork which I scraped off. It was a wine reduction, so probably primal minimally, so not so concerned. Skipped the pastries. cake, candy and cheese.

Feeling better, but the first thing to come back when I am done is Kerrygold, LOL. AndI want some primal pancakes.
    congrats on making it through a wedding on whole 30! that's quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post

Had my sisters baby shower tmrw and it was proabably the most difficult day- lots of treats (which wasnt the hard part), non paleo options for lunch and the waiter spoke broken Italian and didn't understand my 'allergy' issue. I didn't want to make a scene and picked around my salmon.

Other than that I'm feeling great, not quite ready to end my whole30 here so I'll probably ride it out a bit longer. Heading to Vegas this wk, so I'll make a few exceptions but not totally crash it
    Good job! and making it through a special occasion is really awesome.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Well done TLoRU

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heya, good folks. Took dropping the fruit, keeping carbs under 30 g net and dropping fermented dairy in the bargain... but the weight finally stopped running away on me.

Lesson learned the second time. Fruit is great for a lot of people, including the fruitarians, but me, nope, not good. I found a few pshycological tricks to reduce cravings for fruit, and as far as I am concerned, I am hoping that this time I will be able to stay away from fruit longer. My far reaching goal is next summer till the crops come in in the garden. Short term... I don't want to have a short term. I want to be able to remain fruit free with rare exceptions.

I also just got 'the feeling' that I finally got over the sugars and grains I ate in July. Yep, it took that long.

EDIT: forgot to add, I am done with my baking for charity tomorrow. I never took a lick of dough... 'cause I dehydrated a dehydrator full of sweet potato chips with olive oil and sea salt. Just gotta check for done-ness when I come home today and see if they need to crisp up a bit more. Now I am just wondering if people be willing to buy them.

Next baking is cheescake for hubby's and mine b-day, I am just making individual min-cheese-cakes, so everyone at work could have some, hubby could have one or two, and I can cheerfully have some cheese instead.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-17-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Day 20 I feel ok. I have lost a bit more weight.

But I am having a small problem. Complete lack of appetite /finding food unappealing.

Yesterday I made crock pot chili and I couldn't even bring myself to eat it. It was honestly quite vile, despite smelling good. I barely managed to choke down a 1/2 cup of veggies with butter and this was after more than 24 hours of fasting. On Saturday I ate AMAZING orange chicken and veggies that I made, breaking a 24 hour fast with dinner (I tend to eat far less on weekends, the opposite of my old life where weekends were bingepaloozas)

This morning I made 2 eggs into a fluffy omelette, and my beloved chicken apple sausage with spinach. The egg was utterly inedible and the spinach similarly terrible. I had to scrape it off the sausage so I could eat that without gagging. I have half an orange here that I am going to attempt to eat.

I am not hungry. I have not been hungry since Saturday. I'm more than a little freaked out by this. Is loss of appetite bad? What's going on. D: Why is all my food suddenly grossing me out?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You might be coming down with something. I often feel that way when I am fighting off a bug. Bone broth is my go to, and tea with butter.... Overall, if you do not feel like eating, I wouldn't. The body normally knows the best when it rejects food.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I don't feel sick or anything. I feel good aside from being pretty freaked out about not desiring food. >.<

Bone broth does sound yummy but I don't have any, and I spent most of my food budget for the week on things that now seem to be inedible. Sigh.

I am PMSing though. It's my my first whole30 PMS phase.

Ellen is offline Member
    Day 22 - wahoo! The weekend was a *bit* crazy. Yep, it involved a jar of almond butter and a jar of sunflower butter. Well, half of each jar (my husband had the other half). About 1000 calories each day of nut/seed butter. And one large apple each day. There was almost dark chocolate also, but I resisted. Though I slipped from my self imposed no fruit/no nuts, I remained Whole30, which I'm glad about. No cravings today -- my "treat" weekend is over. I'd like to blame it on some crazy hormone action going on, but who knows. I made the decision to ditch the hormonal birth control on Thursday, so I may have been somewhat affected by that (excuses, excuses!). Goodbye NuvaRing forever! After 13 years on those artificial hormones I'm looking forward to being without them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post
    For my main plan of lifestyle, I will plan to avoid grains and added sugar with occasional really worth it exceptions. I will need to think about what treats are on the really worth it list. I am really used to eating this way now.
    I made red curry last night with chicken, zucchini, bell peppers, and sweet potato. It turned out really good. that was my first time making it. I will definitely be doing that again.
    Your "treat" approach sounds much like our plan for our future. Figuring out what items and how often will be the trick.

Your curry sounds delicious! Sweet potato is an amazing thing in curries -- I didn't discover the awesomeness until made my own curry. I've never seen it in curries in restaurants - just white potatoes. Why is that?? The flavor of sweet potato and curry...I can't think of many better flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    My fav dinner so far was rump steak, broccolini with sweet potato,carrot and red onion tossed in cumin and baked yummo.
    That sounds awesome! Do you do all the vegetables together? I couldn't tell which ones were in the "bake" and which were separate (if any). Baking vegetables is one way of cooking I am totally unskilled at.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    I use a couple of brands of coconut milk, both are liquid at room temperature. I found that one (and I can't remember which, it might have been by Chaokoh) actaully went solid in the fridge. I mix ~1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and ~1/4 teaspoon vanilla flavouring into my 1/2 can coconut milk using a whisk before I pour it over my berries, so it does become slightly thicker..
    Mmm, that sounds great. I usually use the Chaokoh brand, so I'll have to see if I can get it to solidify in the fridge. Thanks for the tip!

I survived the wedding, no booze, ate some fruit, veggies, pork and fish. The only non-whole 30 thing was the sauce on the pork which I scraped off. It was a wine reduction, so probably primal minimally, so not so concerned. Skipped the pastries. cake, candy and cheese.

Feeling better, but the first thing to come back when I am done is Kerrygold, LOL. AndI want some primal pancakes.
    Glad you are feeling better and way to go with the wedding! Sounds like you did great

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post

Wahoo!!! Way to go! Congratulations on a great 30 days! And counting

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I don't feel sick or anything. I feel good aside from being pretty freaked out about not desiring food. >.< Bone broth does sound yummy but I don't have any, and I spent most of my food budget for the week on things that now seem to be inedible. Sigh. I am PMSing though. It's my my first whole30 PMS phase.
    I had some "happy fun times" for hormones this weekend, also (start of period). None of the food aversion you are noting, though. More on the cravings. So, I decided to go ahead and go for it with a couple of apples, almond butter and sunflower butter. It really helped. Not sure what my body wanted, but those items hit the spot. Does anything you have sound good to you? Just the sausage, maybe? I don't see a problem with just eating one or two types of protein/fat for a couple of days if that is all you can handle. Just my opinion, of course.

PrimalCon New York
    Deviled eggs, sausage, and buttery veggies sound good. In fact I wish I had ALL those things right now. >.<

I've never had sunflower butter, what does it taste like?

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast