Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 24

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm doing fine, food wise, but still feel like shit. This is day 7. It's actually day 9 or 10 of no sugar, day 7 of no dairy. And its not like I ate like crap before so have a massive detox. I have no cravings or anything, I just feel completely exhausted and am sleeping poorly.

If it doesn't improve by next week, I will go back to primal because I literally can't work. I'm that foggy.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Dropped fermented dairy on Monday, and started counting calories. Did a couple of really low cal days with IF. Still gaining weight. I should not have touched fruit. My fat adaptation is fine, but I must have overloaded on fats a big time to cause that much weight gain.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JayGee is offline Member
    Day 12! I inadvertently went 8 hours between breakfast and lunch yesterday (if you can call it lunch at 4:00pm) and never felt that awful, gnawing gut-hunger I am so used to after 3 hours usually. Could this be me, becoming fat adapted?? This morning I am fasting again, not by choice, but because I am out of eggs and the egg farm is too far to drive by until after the kids are at school. That is going to be one tasty brunch when I finally get it!

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    What do you guys miss the most?
    This is the first time that I'm totally off dairy - I would kill for some yogurt right now. Just the wonderful, tangy deliciousness

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Day 15! I am officially halfway through my whole30. =)

I had a small problem last night. I came home and there was a pepperoni pizza on the kitchen counter!! I freaked out and felt like I wanted it SO bad despite knowing it was shit ingredients + wheat to make me sick. Instead I ended up binging on a bunch of primal safe stuff and overate tremendously. Like 3 deviled eggs, a pickle, some olives, some baby carrots, over a cup of roasted veggies plus pot roast.

I felt SO sick from overeating and so ashamed of myself for letting the pizza spin me like that. =(

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    QQEMOKITTY - Maybe it'll shock your system?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Like 3 deviled eggs, a pickle, some olives, some baby carrots, over a cup of roasted veggies plus pot roast.
    I dunno, that doesn't sound like a huge dinner. I don't see where any of that is anything to be ashamed of- roasted veggies? A "serving" to me is 2 cups. Carrots? You binged on a healthier pile food than most americans eat that was probably fewer calories than 2 pieces of pizza.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Well the pot roast could be a fairly sizable portion, but all in all, that sounds like a meal to me. You made an awesome choice (very good foods) in the face of temptation!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ellen is offline Member
    Day 17 for me. Wow, past the halfway mark! My husband and I are talking about just continuing after 30 days, though...Hmm, we'll see. I haven't been sleeping enough which really affects my hunger levels. I need to focus on falling asleep earlier so my mornings aren't so lame. I'm off caffeine -- even green/black tea -- for the Whole30 just as an experiment, and with sleep wackiness my mornings have been draaaaagging. I think my optimal sleep hours are 2AM-10AM, or so. Unfortunately that does not coincide with my job's work hours :P Sleep, sun, and more consistency with exercise (I'm okay, just not great) are what I want to focus on these next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post
    Hi, day 18 for me. I did a workout this morning and feel really good. I am such a night owl and would like to shift myself into getting up earlier to workout first. If I don't, it often does not get done. the only reason I got my workout in this morning was because I had the day off! I had a stretch of time when I was doing great, getting up and working out every morning but then I got off track. I'm going to get to bed a little earlier tonight so I can get enough sleep and get up earlier tomorrow.

I made a bunch of food yesterday and today. I made a really good breakfast casserole. It had turkey sausage (made my own with ground turkey and some spices), sweet potato, kale, onion, garlic, roasted cauliflower and eggs. I want to try to make curry this week. I love curry but have never made it.
    I hear you on the night owl thing. No matter how early I get up in the morning I have such challenges going to bed early. I will be so sleepy all day long and into early evening, then around 8 or 9pm it is like my brain has recharged and I'm ready to go until 2AM, no problem. Even if I only slept 5 hours the night before. Let me know if you find anything helpful in that regards, or have any secrets!

And, yay for curry! I just had some for lunch A co-worker commented it is his favorite food and he's never made it, either. It is quite simple -- I know you'll make a great one! Let us know what you ended up putting into it -- I'm a sucker for new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I bought a beautiful white dress towards the end of the summer and the saleswomen (whom I don't care for: They are too pushy), told me the dress fit beautifully. Well, I like to buy, but I don't like to be sold. Clearly, the dress was pulling too tightly across my hips and my panty lines were showing. I was annoyed with the saleswomen but purchased the dress anyway, knowing I'm going to be away for Christmas in a hot location. Well, two weeks later, i had a little brunch party to go to and I wore this white dress --- and it was so loose one me -- no more pulling at the hips and no pantylines showing. Bottom line is: When us girls are moving the weight so quickly, it's okay to purchase a few items of clothing that are snug --- because you're going to look fine within a few weeks.
    That is awesome!! Congratulations! The dress sounds beautiful, too I have a couple of pairs of capris that are just a bit tight in the waist, but I know will be perfect soon. Since our "summer" lasts through the beginning of November I'm sure I'll be able to wear them this season before they have to get donated because they are too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Something I've been noticing over the past couple of days is how I don't miss my dark chocolate, paleo-ified desserts or dairy, so much so that I reckon I'll probably stick with Whole30 once September is over with occasional exceptions for bulletproof coffee + dark chocolate. I'm slowly making progress with nut eating obsession too. I'm wondering why I was never brave enough to try Whole30 before when I'm seeing progress like this.
    That's great to hear about the nut obsession. I cut nuts entirely for the Whole30 for that very reason. I'm thinking about potentially adding them in down the line, but in a controlled way. I was thinking even just buying a fist-sized amount of macadamias from the bulk bins on a weekly basis so there is no chance of mindlessly consuming handfuls a day of almonds. Any tips on nuts, or did the cravings just fall away naturally during this Whole30?

Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    I do think the new job will help me with PB. It's in the corporate office for a company that makes meat products- not organic/grassfed, but employees are asked to test new products so there is potential for free bacon! Also deli meats, ham, and pork.
    FREE BACON?!?!?! That's awesome!!! If only "Bacon Tester" was an official position. I'd be so into that...

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Day 24 here!!! Feeling great and sleeping like a log! My internal clock has me getting about 8-9 hrs of sleep each night. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go.
    Wow, awesome on Day 24! Way to go And the sleep and waking situation sounds lovely! That's one of my priorities for this year's Primal Blueprint Challenge that just started. Any tips on falling asleep fast?

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Day 10 and feeling wonderful! My right hand, which was previously covered in eczema, is almost totally healed!
    Wahoo! Awesome to experience physical ailments that just disappear! Congratulations, that must feel great

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    thanks everyone. it is, i believe, day 13 for me as well. i'm really bad at keeping track of this.

my mom was making fun of me for my pants falling off so i caved in and went to the store to buy some new ones. i am now in a pair 2 sizes smaller that were on sale for 20 bucks. they are a little tight but i feel i will shrink into them soon enough.

yay! good luck this week y'all!
    Awesome!! Two sizes down -- so fun I can imagine how exciting it was to try on the pants in the store. Way to go!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I dunno, that doesn't sound like a huge dinner. I don't see where any of that is anything to be ashamed of- roasted veggies? A "serving" to me is 2 cups. Carrots? You binged on a healthier pile food than most americans eat that was probably fewer calories than 2 pieces of pizza.
    I have worried a little lately that I actually don't eat as much as I could/should. Sometimes I will have hunger late at night right before sleep. I typically eat dinner around 7 and go to bed around 12 and I don't eat anything after dinner. So I was thinking about stepping up my intake at night a little anyway. I notice that when other people summarize their meals here they tend to eat a lot more at a sitting than I do. :x

I think the shame mostly comes from the fact that I felt out of control. I let that stupid shitty cold pizza have WAY too much power over me. The thing is, my roomie has basically the opposite of primal. He lives off beer, soy, pepsi, tofu, rice, and fast food with the occasional shrimp thrown in. There are tons of "trigger" foods around all the time and I haven't batted an eyelash. But for some reason last night, being confronted with that pizza just threw me for a loop!

I think the sick feeling came from my perceived guilt/shame which was just me being dumb. You guys are so right, I didn't do anything wrong. As far as how much pot roast I had, it was about this much, fork included for scale :P (pic from earlier in the week):

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast