Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 23

Ellen is offline Member
    Day 15 for me - going well, so far. Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread since I last checked in on Day 12 (I think). The sheppard/cottage pie we made is amaaaaazing. So yummy. Also loving the guacamole-chicken-butter lettuce wraps. I will have my first bowl of the chicken curry for lunch in about 10 minutes. It is somewhat of a combo green/yellow curry, as I didn't get enough green curry paste. Flavor is good, though.

I've been getting after dinner cravings and needing a small fat snack and haven't had anything in the house that isn't too protein-heavy (working on being ketogenic). So, I just ordered coconut butter - yay!!! A tablespoon of that will kill my hunger/cravings in the evenings without overdoing the protein. Also, we picked up a 3-pack of Wholly Guacamole (I think 5 avocados/pack) at Costco for additional fat go-to snack and meal additions. The ingredients rock: avocados, jalapeno, white vinegar, onion, garlic. Vacuum sealed, so no preservatives

Congratulations to everyone learning and growing (and shrinking!) on this journey! I love this thread

Omlette is offline Junior Member
    Could someone give me a quick rundown on what the Whole30 is? I am new here. Thanks.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omlette View Post
    Could someone give me a quick rundown on what the Whole30 is? I am new here. Thanks.
    Whole 30 Information: The Whole30, Version 3.11 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Day 10 and feeling wonderful! My right hand, which was previously covered in eczema, is almost totally healed! I went for a short run yesterday and was amazed by how energetic I felt, even considering my relatively low carb intake. And miracle of miracles, my husband wants to eat Primal! He has fairly advanced arthritis in his right knee and had microfracture surgery last winter. He plays competitive over-50 adult soccer and his knee is always keeping him from running as hard as he wants. I told him that eating an anti-inflammatory diet could help. Today is his first day with no grains!!! It's his ice cream habit that will be tough to break. That and diet coke.

Tonight I am roasting a chicken, making roasted root veggies and broccoli as sides. It's cool and fallish so that sounds perfect!
    Wonderful that your hubby is on side -- great to be a team in the arena of good health. Roasted chicken sounds yummy at this time of year!
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Hi, day 18 for me. I did a workout this morning and feel really good. I am such a night owl and would like to shift myself into getting up earlier to workout first. If I don't, it often does not get done. the only reason I got my workout in this morning was because I had the day off! I had a stretch of time when I was doing great, getting up and working out every morning but then I got off track. I'm going to get to bed a little earlier tonight so I can get enough sleep and get up earlier tomorrow.

I made a bunch of food yesterday and today. I made a really good breakfast casserole. It had turkey sausage (made my own with ground turkey and some spices), sweet potato, kale, onion, garlic, roasted cauliflower and eggs. I want to try to make curry this week. I love curry but have never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    It is day 12 for me and i still feel great. i weighed again today just to make sure i hadn't imagined it and yep.. 296.4!

i haven't weighed less than 300 pounds for most of my 20's... i feel like i can do anything now.

boyfriend and i are making slow cooker pot roast for dinner. suffice to say i cannot wait till dinner time. nom nom nom. :P
    yay! congrats on the loss and on the new pant size!

Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    Well, I made it to Whole5 before I crashed and burned! There has been a lot of work-related stress and unhappiness, and I'm resigning from my job tomorrow and starting a new one on the 24th. I've had a history of stress eating leading to binging when I'm under a lot of pressure. Good news is that I haven't done any of that- I've been gnawing on lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes from my plants outside, or going for walks, where 6 months ago I would have eaten way too much of something starchy and then hated myself.

So in the interest of mental health, I'm sticking to most of the goals I laid out earlier and will be back again to try Whole30 in October! By then I'll be mostly settled in at the new job and hopefully feeling much better about everything.

-ZERO grains
    -Close to or under 50 carbs per day
    -Cut out dairy until I'm only eating homemade Greek yogurt
    -One piece/serving of fruit per day
    -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
    -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
    -Lift heavy things 2-3 times per week
    -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    sounds like a good plan! Still very healthy choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Day 14 of 30: (Sat, Sept 14th)
    Calories: 709
    Fat: 61gm - 70%
    Protein 37.2gm - 22%
    Carbs: 15.7gm - 8%
    Alcohol: 0
    weight: 149.4 (-5lbs) ---

Couple of observations for today:

1. Started with bullet coffee (2 coffees with 1/2 cup coconut milk)

2. Nothing else to dinner: Steak, Caesar Salad, Zuccheni, Mushrooms sauteed in butter, 3 tsp's high fat greek yogourt & 6 raspberries + 1 slice of french brie, double cheese.

3. Although the ratios are in line for ketosis (70% fat, Protein 22% and 9% carbs), I feel that I'm still not consuming enough carbs. I do need to increase both fat and protein. I think I'll try to have an extra few hardboiled eggs tomorrow and a bit more high fat cheese.

4. I have no cravings; I have an abundance of energy; keto stix indicate ketosis.

I'll be measuring myself tomorrow and we'll see where the scales are. Hoping to still be around 149 or just below. Would be nice to stay in the 140's versus bouncing into the low 150's.

Off for my 10km nightly walk. Have a great evening, everyone!
    You're an inspiration, Louisa!

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Day 24 here!!! Feeling great and sleeping like a log! My internal clock has me getting about 8-9 hrs of sleep each night. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go. My snacking is to a major minimum and I've been eating smaller meals more frequently. I'm running into a digestive issue still! It's been going on since mid July. Burning and stomach aches after I eat anything at all. I'm thinking a doctor may be in my future. Well see. I'd rather not so I've been drinking kombucha daily, eating 1 serving of fruit and no nuts at all. I have no more bloating, but am Still struggling w belly aches. So odd

I'm moving into a new house this wk! My husband is deployed, so my dad is helping me. All of our belonging are coming out of storage! They've been there since DECEMBER 15! The belly issues may or may not be from stress
    I hope you get your digestive issues sorted out and that a doctor will be able to help. Good luck with the move!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I had a packet of stevia yesterday, because I decided to try coconut milk with cocoa powder. It was disgusting without a sweetener, so I added a bit instead of tossing the works out. Should have tossed it out, it still tasted bad. Good thing it was my last packet of stevia.

Other than that, I finally broke down and went on the scale on Sat and Sun. No weight loss, small gaining trend, wearing fat pants this morning. I feel down because that means that I have no recourse but starting on another Ultimate Diet phase in October. I will try broth fasts, see if I can hold them for a couple of days a week, but I don't hold my breath. I should have lost weight off before doing the clean high fat primal. Or, maybe this refeed will make the Ultimate D easier and I would lose nicely once I am doing it. Who knows. My body is crazy.
    I guess more trial and error for you. You just have to figure out what works for you. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Day 10 and feeling wonderful! My right hand, which was previously covered in eczema, is almost totally healed! I went for a short run yesterday and was amazed by how energetic I felt, even considering my relatively low carb intake. And miracle of miracles, my husband wants to eat Primal! He has fairly advanced arthritis in his right knee and had microfracture surgery last winter. He plays competitive over-50 adult soccer and his knee is always keeping him from running as hard as he wants. I told him that eating an anti-inflammatory diet could help. Today is his first day with no grains!!! It's his ice cream habit that will be tough to break. That and diet coke.

Tonight I am roasting a chicken, making roasted root veggies and broccoli as sides. It's cool and fallish so that sounds perfect!
    good news on the eczema and getting your husband on board. I roasted a chicken today! yummy smells in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Day 9 over here for me, lunch today was leftover meatballs and spaghetti squash and dinner is going to be BAS with smoked macherel. I'm going to make an attempt at proper sprints tonight i.e running at full pelt on foot ones . I usually attempt sprints on my bike or in the pool, but I'm feeling brave today. I had rather a random episode of feeling exceedingly warm (as in body temperature high type of warm) for about an hour mid-morning, it was actually making me sweat slightly. I have no idea what caused it, it was rater strange .

The slow cooker coconut ginger pork last night was awesome - the prok was really tender and the broth was all creamy and lighlty spiced. Definitely something I would make again.
    How did the sprints go? I'm kind of wimpy on sprinting (running). I'm worried I'm going to hurt myself!

Quote Originally Posted by imnes View Post
    I think this is probably Day 13 for me, still doing well. Went off course for dinner this weekend, no water in the house with plumbing repair and we had house guests show up the same day. Ended up with Pizza for dinner, but right back on the plan this morning, hoping I can stick out the rest of the month with no more surprises
    glad you're back on the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Day 15 for me - going well, so far. Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread since I last checked in on Day 12 (I think). The sheppard/cottage pie we made is amaaaaazing. So yummy. Also loving the guacamole-chicken-butter lettuce wraps. I will have my first bowl of the chicken curry for lunch in about 10 minutes. It is somewhat of a combo green/yellow curry, as I didn't get enough green curry paste. Flavor is good, though.

I've been getting after dinner cravings and needing a small fat snack and haven't had anything in the house that isn't too protein-heavy (working on being ketogenic). So, I just ordered coconut butter - yay!!! A tablespoon of that will kill my hunger/cravings in the evenings without overdoing the protein. Also, we picked up a 3-pack of Wholly Guacamole (I think 5 avocados/pack) at Costco for additional fat go-to snack and meal additions. The ingredients rock: avocados, jalapeno, white vinegar, onion, garlic. Vacuum sealed, so no preservatives

Congratulations to everyone learning and growing (and shrinking!) on this journey! I love this thread
    glad it's going well for you.

thanks everyone. it is, i believe, day 13 for me as well. i'm really bad at keeping track of this.

my mom was making fun of me for my pants falling off so i caved in and went to the store to buy some new ones. i am now in a pair 2 sizes smaller that were on sale for 20 bucks. they are a little tight but i feel i will shrink into them soon enough.

yay! good luck this week y'all!
    Your mom is darn happy and proud of you --- as we all are. I bought a beautiful white dress towards the end of the summer and the saleswomen (whom I don't care for: They are too pushy), told me the dress fit beautifully. Well, I like to buy, but I don't like to be sold. Clearly, the dress was pulling too tightly across my hips and my panty lines were showing. I was annoyed with the saleswomen but purchased the dress anyway, knowing I'm going to be away for Christmas in a hot location. Well, two weeks later, i had a little brunch party to go to and I wore this white dress --- and it was so loose one me -- no more pulling at the hips and no pantylines showing. Bottom line is: When us girls are moving the weight so quickly, it's okay to purchase a few items of clothing that are snug --- because you're going to look fine within a few weeks.

My husband doesn't say too much about my weight loss -- he's the strong, silent type but if there comes a day when I'm looking too skinny, he'll for sure speak his mind. Let's cross one bridge at a time. My last thought before I succum to this exhausted sleep: I'm so damn proud of my little qqemokitty!
    F, 48, 5'10"

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Your mom is darn happy and proud of you --- as we all are. I bought a beautiful white dress towards the end of the summer and the saleswomen (whom I don't care for: They are too pushy), told me the dress fit beautifully. Well, I like to buy, but I don't like to be sold. Clearly, the dress was pulling too tightly across my hips and my panty lines were showing. I was annoyed with the saleswomen but purchased the dress anyway, knowing I'm going to be away for Christmas in a hot location. Well, two weeks later, i had a little brunch party to go to and I wore this white dress --- and it was so loose one me -- no more pulling at the hips and no pantylines showing. Bottom line is: When us girls are moving the weight so quickly, it's okay to purchase a few items of clothing that are snug --- because you're going to look fine within a few weeks.

My husband doesn't say too much about my weight loss -- he's the strong, silent type but if there comes a day when I'm looking too skinny, he'll for sure speak his mind. Let's cross one bridge at a time. My last thought before I succum to this exhausted sleep: I'm so damn proud of my little qqemokitty!
    woo, rock that white dress! you have to be the downright sweetest person i have ever met on a forum. thank you so much. =) believe me you are much more encouraging and supportive than my mom or stepmom are about this, i appreciate it.

day 14 here I think. wow, two weeks?! maybe it is day 13. *frets* No I m pretty sure it is day 14. =) i feel great and my breakfast is delicious.

woo, rock that white dress! you have to be the downright sweetest person i have ever met on a forum. thank you so much. =) believe me you are much more encouraging and supportive than my mom or stepmom are about this, i appreciate it.

day 14 here I think. wow, two weeks?! maybe it is day 13. *frets* No I m pretty sure it is day 14. =) i feel great and my breakfast is delicious.
    qqemokitty: I'm sure my kids say the same thing about me -- it's the law of families, in general. Today is the 3rd consecutive day that I've remained south of the 150 border, so I'm cautiously feeeeeeeelling like I might be staying in this area for a while (whew!). Now, of course, I'm impatient to get to my next goal of 145 (one step at a time, right!). By then, I'll need a staple gun to keep my pants/skirts up. I'm off to make dinner -- I have a couple yummy ideas in my back pocket for tonight. Hubby will be home from work in about an hour, so want to spring something nice on him. Chat later! Hope your day is going great! /louisa
    F, 48, 5'10"

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    PrimalLizard - Sprints went really well for a first attempt I reckon, I didn't manage to hurt myself and there was nobody about to see me grinning like a loon and running like a mad thing .

Day 11 for me (which was coincidentally September 11th) went good, I decided to go with IF-ing until lunch which was BAS with smoked mackerel and dinner was coconut ginger pork leftovers over curly kale. I managed to get the gym last night to do some LHT and I got new PBs for my back squats, overhead press and deadlifts. So now I'm on 62.5kg for squats, 22.5kg for overhead press and 62.5kg for deadlifts .
    Something I've been noticing over the past couple of days is how I don't miss my dark chocolate, paleo-ified desserts or dairy, so much so that I reckon I'll probably stick with Whole30 once September is over with occasional exceptions for bulletproof coffee + dark chocolate. I'm slowly making progress with nut eating obsession too. I'm wondering why I was never brave enough to try Whole30 before when I'm seeing progress like this.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    PrimalLizard - Sprints went really well for a first attempt I reckon, I didn't manage to hurt myself and there was nobody about to see me grinning like a loon and running like a mad thing .

Day 11 for me (which was coincidentally September 11th) went good, I decided to go with IF-ing until lunch which was BAS with smoked mackerel and dinner was coconut ginger pork leftovers over curly kale. I managed to get the gym last night to do some LHT and I got new PBs for my back squats, overhead press and deadlifts. So now I'm on 62.5kg for squats, 22.5kg for overhead press and 62.5kg for deadlifts .
    Something I've been noticing over the past couple of days is how I don't miss my dark chocolate, paleo-ified desserts or dairy, so much so that I reckon I'll probably stick with Whole30 once September is over with occasional exceptions for bulletproof coffee + dark chocolate. I'm slowly making progress with nut eating obsession too. I'm wondering why I was never brave enough to try Whole30 before when I'm seeing progress like this.
    SpookyRach: Congratulations. Sounds like those cravings are a thing of the past. What a relief it is to get through that stage. I'm currently in my 3rd Whole month and it's no big deal. I don't crave anything and the weight is shedding. I'm hoping to do another Whole 30 which will hopefully help me to reach my goal. Have a great day.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast