Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 21

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congrats everyone on your W30 success so far. I am checking in to report that I am not doing an official W30 this month. My goal is to make 30 days clean Primal without grains & sugar of course & without binging. Once I have done that, I will try W30 again. Currently, I am using a small amount of dairy, artificial sweeteners in coffee and weighing daily.

I am choosing to eat VLC and I am happy to report that I am 6 days binge free and my weight is coming down 1-2 lbs/day. I had bloated up to 35lbs above my lowest Primal wt. So, I am losing weight that I had already lost before.

Good Luck to you all!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 8 = another good one. Went to the gym to do another round of lifting heavy things and this afternoon I've been doing baking for work tomorrow (birthday gathering for a couple of work people, I felt like baking and volunteered myself), I'm amazed by the fact I had no interest in taste testing the rocky road I made. I did try 1 of the cookies I made (ones from Everyday Paleo), all the ingredients are Whole30 friendly so it's all good. Dinner tonight is going to be the slow-cooker coconut ginger pork from this site and kale.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Last night I made delicious thai chicken curry (I made my own curry powder from scratch) and chicken thighs on a bed of spinach, bacon and onion that knocked your socks off with flavour so yum.
    Wow, sounds amazing. It was a big spinach night over at our place, as well. A little BBQ steak, spinach with some bacon on top. Good to go! I always have that slightly metallic feel in my mouth when in Ketosis so I'm always brushing my teeth. I think Paleo Lifestyle is good for my oralhealth, as well! woot woot!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Louisa655 - thank you SO much that was a great story. <3

ladies and gentleman i believe i have not only met, but exceeded my below 300 lb mark already. i was naughty and got on the scale this morning and saw a very pleasing number. i don't want to tell anyone because i am scared i imagined it. so i haven't told a soul yet - aside from you, now!
    QQEMOKITTY: Now just stop that -- because you're making me all teary out here on my patio. I couldn't be happier for you. Remember to keep breathing, keep walking, keep the positive talk going, and now visualize and document your next, achievable milestone. When something is working, and you are seeing results, keep doing what you are doing. There's no magic to this --- it's just takes goal setting, and the tenacity of a primal goddess (of which we are all).

I woke up this morning, still in ketosis (I bought ketosis sticks yesterday from the drug store). I always like to make sure that I think I am where I really am. I know I have felt all the symptoms of ketosis, but nothing says it more like a ketosis stick. I started my morning with a bullet coffee (2 coffess + 1/2 cup coconut milk), and will now go straight through until dinner at around 4pm. I'm aiming for another 10km walk today ---- I did 9km yesterday. I love the walks because it clears my mind and gives me time to think about all the good things in my life -- my dog, my rabbit, my friends and family, of course. My daughter (21 yrs old), just moved to London, England and I'm missing her a little. My other two sons are here in Toronto, just started their 1st week back to University/College. There's a great saying that goes: "All is as it should be" ---- and I'll take that! ps. Had to put away 2 more pairs of Linen pants because my they are sagging in the bum -- woot woot. Let's keep going, ladies!
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    It is day 12 for me and i still feel great. i weighed again today just to make sure i hadn't imagined it and yep.. 296.4!

i haven't weighed less than 300 pounds for most of my 20's... i feel like i can do anything now.

boyfriend and i are making slow cooker pot roast for dinner. suffice to say i cannot wait till dinner time. nom nom nom. :P

KimNKY is offline Member
    Well, I made it to Whole5 before I crashed and burned! There has been a lot of work-related stress and unhappiness, and I'm resigning from my job tomorrow and starting a new one on the 24th. I've had a history of stress eating leading to binging when I'm under a lot of pressure. Good news is that I haven't done any of that- I've been gnawing on lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes from my plants outside, or going for walks, where 6 months ago I would have eaten way too much of something starchy and then hated myself.

So in the interest of mental health, I'm sticking to most of the goals I laid out earlier and will be back again to try Whole30 in October! By then I'll be mostly settled in at the new job and hopefully feeling much better about everything.

-ZERO grains
    -Close to or under 50 carbs per day
    -Cut out dairy until I'm only eating homemade Greek yogurt
    -One piece/serving of fruit per day
    -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
    -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
    -Lift heavy things 2-3 times per week
    -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    Last edited by KimNKY; 09-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    It is day 12 for me and i still feel great. i weighed again today just to make sure i hadn't imagined it and yep.. 296.4!

i haven't weighed less than 300 pounds for most of my 20's... i feel like i can do anything now.
    That is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations to you. Keep eating healthy and keep slow moving. Think of it this way, you are 60% of the way to 290lbs ------- Keep it rolling.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    Well, I made it to Whole5 before I crashed and burned! There has been a lot of work-related stress and unhappiness, and I'm resigning from my job tomorrow and starting a new one on the 24th. I've had a history of stress eating leading to binging when I'm under a lot of pressure. Good news is that I haven't done any of that- I've been gnawing on lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes from my plants outside, or going for walks, where 6 months ago I would have eaten way too much of something starchy and then hated myself.

So in the interest of mental health, I'm sticking to most of the goals I laid out earlier and will be back again to try Whole30 in October! By then I'll be mostly settled in at the new job and hopefully feeling much better about everything.

-ZERO grains
    -Close to or under 50 carbs per day
    -Cut out dairy until I'm only eating homemade Greek yogurt
    -One piece/serving of fruit per day
    -Learn to get a good balance of omega 3 / omega 6
    -Drink only water, coconut water, tea, and coffee
    -Lift heavy things 2-3 times per week
    -Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    It's a wise person who analyzes the situation and makes changes according to what's going on in your life. You are still eating better than the majority. Do what you can and be kind to yourself. Good luck on you new job -- exciting!
    F, 48, 5'10"

Day 14 of Whole 30 *(3) - Still in ketosis

Day 14 of 30: (Sat, Sept 14th)
    Calories: 709
    Fat: 61gm - 70%
    Protein 37.2gm - 22%
    Carbs: 15.7gm - 8%
    Alcohol: 0
    weight: 149.4 (-5lbs) ---

Couple of observations for today:

1. Started with bullet coffee (2 coffees with 1/2 cup coconut milk)

2. Nothing else to dinner: Steak, Caesar Salad, Zuccheni, Mushrooms sauteed in butter, 3 tsp's high fat greek yogourt & 6 raspberries + 1 slice of french brie, double cheese.

3. Although the ratios are in line for ketosis (70% fat, Protein 22% and 9% carbs), I feel that I'm still not consuming enough carbs. I do need to increase both fat and protein. I think I'll try to have an extra few hardboiled eggs tomorrow and a bit more high fat cheese.

4. I have no cravings; I have an abundance of energy; keto stix indicate ketosis.

I'll be measuring myself tomorrow and we'll see where the scales are. Hoping to still be around 149 or just below. Would be nice to stay in the 140's versus bouncing into the low 150's.

Off for my 10km nightly walk. Have a great evening, everyone!
    F, 48, 5'10"

KimNKY is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    It's a wise person who analyzes the situation and makes changes according to what's going on in your life. You are still eating better than the majority. Do what you can and be kind to yourself. Good luck on you new job -- exciting!
    Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm still staying mostly primal and feeling really great, but need to leave myself room for slips over the next couple of weeks- and I'm sure there will be farewell and welcome parties or lunches which would be difficult to navigate on Whole30, especially when trying to fit in with a new group of coworkers.

I do think the new job will help me with PB. It's in the corporate office for a company that makes meat products- not organic/grassfed, but employees are asked to test new products so there is potential for free bacon! Also deli meats, ham, and pork. It's also a higher salary which will help me add more organic and grassfed into my diet, where before it wasn't within my budget. And there is a branch of my gym in walking distance from the office, so I can lift heavy things while avoiding rush hour traffic!
    Last edited by KimNKY; 09-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast