Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 20

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Louisa655 I know that what you wrote was for primal lizard but that spoke to me soooo loudly.

Just last night I was reading through the before and after thread and it came to me that I thought that I would never get to post

on that thread. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

So I started thinking about how I could change my thinking and here today you have written out a prescription that is perfect.

Thank you Louisa655 and everyone else who posts here it just goes to show that we never really know what affect we have on

others.

Jackie
    Dear Lovely jacmac: We are all in this together and yet at the same time, it is a solo journey, isn't it? Even those of us who have partners --- we're still really responsible for our own actions, decisions and as a result the consequences. It's 6:25AM on Saturday morning, and I'm ready for the day. This Ketosis energy is over the top but I've never felt better. Just lying here, I can feel another swoosh coming. I'm always spending some quiet time visualizing the next steps in m life --- my next career after I complete my degree. Hope your day is great. My goal this morning is a power body workout. Convict conditioning, here I come! /louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JayGee is offline Member
    Louisa, I love your swimming story! Simply amazing. You are one tenacious woman.

Today is day 8 and I am also up and full of energy at 6:30am. I am heading out for a short run once I have cup of coffee. Last night I made the most wonderful soup based on the Olive Garden recipe for Zuppa Toscana. just subbed sweet potato for russett and used coconut milk instead of cream. YUM!

Is anyone else living with others who are not doing Whole30 therefore you have a pantry that still contains SAD foods? I don't have cravings at the moment, but a pantry with chocolate, cereal, and granola bars plus at least 2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer will undoubtedly call my name eventually. My husband loves his "happy, happy fun food" and can't seems to convince himself that he'd be better off without it. It doesn't help that he is naturally slim and usually feels great... And my kids are naturally slim and very athletic and active. My husband loves to make them milkshakes at night and buy them candy on his way home from work!. I think my previous attempts at Whole 30 would have been much more successful if my house was Whole30 compliant.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    It's day 39 for me and I'm still compliant. I can honestly say, at this point, that it's just become a way of life for me.

I fully understand the compulsion to binge on nuts and it's why I just won't buy any except for the one bag of Brazil nuts I keep on hand so that I can take 1-2 a day for selenium. It's interesting that I just noticed I used the word "take" rather than "eat" with regard to the Brazil nuts. I guess that's because I consider them a supplement rather than a food that I could consume liberally.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Louisa, I love your swimming story! Simply amazing. You are one tenacious woman.

Today is day 8 and I am also up and full of energy at 6:30am. I am heading out for a short run once I have cup of coffee. Last night I made the most wonderful soup based on the Olive Garden recipe for Zuppa Toscana. just subbed sweet potato for russett and used coconut milk instead of cream. YUM!

Is anyone else living with others who are not doing Whole30 therefore you have a pantry that still contains SAD foods? I don't have cravings at the moment, but a pantry with chocolate, cereal, and granola bars plus at least 2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer will undoubtedly call my name eventually. My husband loves his "happy, happy fun food" and can't seems to convince himself that he'd be better off without it. It doesn't help that he is naturally slim and usually feels great... And my kids are naturally slim and very athletic and active. My husband loves to make them milkshakes at night and buy them candy on his way home from work!. I think my previous attempts at Whole 30 would have been much more successful if my house was Whole30 compliant.
    JayGee: The soup sounds good. It's pouring rain here today so settling in for some housework, reorganizing some closets and grocery shopping later this afternoon. I'd rather clean toilets than grocery shop -- it's one of those weekly chores that I could really do without. Since going primal, the shopping experience is less painful since I now only 'work' the outside aisles -- veg and fruit; dairy; papertowels and TP; and some sardines/tuna. I can run around the exterior in less than :24 minutes. We purchase meat from a private butcher shop, so I can skip that section altogether. I've never bought ice cream. I guess I'm lucky because I have sensitive gums so anything cold puts me on the ceiling. Thus, no cold treats in this house. I rarely purchase nuts either. My husband is a very good runner and he does like his carbs. Since going primal, I stopped purchasing breads, cereals and crackers. As a result, my husband has been dropping some of his wheat belly. He refuses to get to excited about what I'm doing, but he does tell others that, "I may be onto something" --- my doubting Thomas!

I'll save my running story for another time --- I ran 100 mile race before running a marathon --- that's a good one but another time. I'm going to make a carrot soup today, with a little coconut milk and nutmeg ---- it'll make the house smell nice, too! Cheers, everyone!
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    It's day 39 for me and I'm still compliant. I can honestly say, at this point, that it's just become a way of life for me.

I fully understand the compulsion to binge on nuts and it's why I just won't buy any except for the one bag of Brazil nuts I keep on hand so that I can take 1-2 a day for selenium. It's interesting that I just noticed I used the word "take" rather than "eat" with regard to the Brazil nuts. I guess that's because I consider them a supplement rather than a food that I could consume liberally.
    I like the way you 'framed' this: "Take 1-2 Brazil nuts" per day versus 'eat'. That's a nice way to re-frame from 'eating for enjoyment' to 'making sure you get your minerals/vitamins etc. I feel how we speak to ourselves is fundamentally important to our well-being.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 7 was good, my 2 cookbooks arrived so I got to tried out a new recipe (the bearnaise sauce recipe) as part of dinner. it was so yummy and I was full for hours after dinner.

Day 8 is going good so far.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I'm going grocery shopping tonight too after work, I can't wait. I have always loved grocery shopping but now that I'm primal it's better than ever and I enjoy spending time reading ingredients and picking through the vegetables. I also engage in lots of convo with the meat counter dudes, I have impressed them with my thirst for knowledge regarding cuts of meat and my lecturing another lady on how to properly cook a steak. :P

I think I would gladly kill a man to weigh 149 pounds. :P I weigh about twice that currently, but only a few pounds away from my very first major weight loss goal: first time in 6+ years being below 300 pounds. (I am a 29 year old 5'9" female, for reference.)
    that's a great milestone for you! congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    I have been so busy wrapped up at work that I havent posted in over a week! anywho just checking in, I have managed to remain in whole 30 ketosis (even though i had a really bad craving day) all in all so far so good. My diet staple has been pretty much eggs and vary red meats. I think been so busy (but not stressed) has really helped in my adherence. I am looking forward to another good weekend and week although I will have a few glasses of wine as it is my partner's bday.

That's it for now.
    that's great you're going strong. enjoy the birthday celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Dear Primal Lizard: YOU WILL GET THERE! As an athlete, I've used all sorts of psych conditioning and visualization techniques. One important task my coach taught me was every morning, and every evening, to sit quietly and remove all distractions from my mind and focus on breathing from the belly. Once you are deep breathing and relaxed, begin to visualize yourself as you wish to see yourself. Picture yourself moving down in dress size and feel how that feels. Look at all the details in your mind as you see yourself finally putting on that little black dress as you prepare to go out for an evening with friends or family. Think about how great you feel, how lovely the dress feels, how strong you are as a person and how empowered you feel. Now walk through that exercise twice a day. There is a great quote: "You are what you think you are". That's a powerful thought. You are what you think you are. You are a strong lady, focused on your goal of greater health, more active lifestyle and regaining control over your body and your food choices. You will get there. /louisa
    thanks for your inspiring words and your example for us! i spend too much time thinking about what I'm doing wrong so visualizing success would be quite an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Louisa655 I know that what you wrote was for primal lizard but that spoke to me soooo loudly.

Just last night I was reading through the before and after thread and it came to me that I thought that I would never get to post

on that thread. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

So I started thinking about how I could change my thinking and here today you have written out a prescription that is perfect.

Thank you Louisa655 and everyone else who posts here it just goes to show that we never really know what affect we have on

others.

Jackie
    I can totally relate to thinking I'll never get there. I have been slogging away trying to lose weight for 16 years and never have gotten there yet. Louisa's visualization should help. It's hard when you keep failing to see success as being possible. we can do it, though!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

yep! I have some SAD foods in the house, too. My husband and kids are not primal. My husband is a fairly clean eater but he wants bread and peanut butter, rice and beans. He says he tried paleo (from observing him, I know he did not really follow it strictly, but he thinks he did). He says he got too weak and skinny and didn't feel good. He is one of those high metabolism people and he does crossfit and has a heavy manual labor job. He hadn't read anything about how to do paleo--just what he heard from others doing it at Crossfit so I'm betting he didn't eat enough fats. Anyways, I do the main cooking so dinner meal is paleo, sometimes he will make rice to go with something. The kids' lunches are fairly healthy but they still want crackers/bread. Neither one drinks milk but they do like greek yogurt. Right now, I just have to focus on myself and maybe convert later. I have never been good at resisting temptation but committing to the whole30 was key for me. I haven't cheated yet but there have been some close calls! I resisted a bowl of popcorn sitting on the coffee table. that was hard. popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. Even a slice of toast smells so delicious. My husband can be very supportive sometimes and other times a bit dense. He doesn't get it, since he doesn't have food issues. I asked him not to buy ice cream to have in the freezer and he said, just don't eat it. Um, easier said then done when you have binging issues but oh well. I'm doing okay right now.
    ok, sorry for the book i just wrote!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    Day 7 was good, my 2 cookbooks arrived so I got to tried out a new recipe (the bearnaise sauce recipe) as part of dinner. it was so yummy and I was full for hours after dinner.

Day 8 is going good so far.
    keep it up! Can't wait for my new cookbooks to arrive. should be here monday!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Louisa655 I agree it is a solo journey, just like life. The up side of that is that we get to claim all the bouquets when we win
    Go the swoosh!!!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey Primal lizard,
    sounds like you are struggling to be compliant in a house full of people who don't have to worry about food issues

That must be tough but I can tell from how you write that you are digging deep, good for you!

I started primal on my own abut now have the whole family on board and we are all doing the whole 30 together and it does make it easier.

I hear you when you say you have been trying for 16 years, could be my story but I have taken on board what Louisa 655 talked

about and am visualising myself in a lovely outfit and I feel so strong and fit. I am able to move with freedom and fluidity. I am

smiling widely and glowing from good health and vitality. I need to practice this and build on it and you are right we can do it.

Last night I made delicious thai chicken curry (I made my own curry powder from scratch) and chicken thighs on a bed of spinach, bacon and onion that knocked your socks off with flavour so yum.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Louisa655 - thank you SO much that was a great story. <3

ladies and gentleman i believe i have not only met, but exceeded my below 300 lb mark already. i was naughty and got on the scale this morning and saw a very pleasing number. i don't want to tell anyone because i am scared i imagined it. so i haven't told a soul yet - aside from you, now!

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast