Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 2

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Y'all kinda miss the point of whole30, what with the deviations and weighing. That is so not what it's about.

Afsjesse, if you are missing butter on the whole30, keep in mind you can use Ghee instead! ghee is delish!

Merryish - eggs are whole30 approved

Ellen is offline Member
    I'm in! My husband and I put ourselves on a super-budget recently that only allows meat and vegetables if we want to have enough food for the week. Not even budget for berries. So, I've been *pretty much* Whole30 compliant for the past 3-weeks.

EXCEPT....diet soda. Ugh, I know. They are free at the office. The sweet taste is keeping my brain from losing sweet cravings, though, so I know I need to ditch them for more reasons than one (the one being that they make me feel sick, probably due to the chemicals!!!). I've also had a few slices of cheddar cheese and a few glugs of 1/2 and 1/2 in tea at work (also free) these past few weeks. I'll end those "once-in-a-while" items for the Whole30.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    You can get all the information you need to do a Whole30 on the website without paying. But I do highly recommend reading the Hartwigs' book, It Starts With Food, before embarking if you can get your hands on it. It really helps to have an in-depth explanation of why you're doing what you're doing.
    Just don't have time to "read" a book though, I figure I will get back with the website, I already kind of know why I would want to try this for thirty days, based on primal eating principles already. Thanks tho.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Y'all kinda miss the point of whole30, what with the deviations and weighing. That is so not what it's about.
    I agree, actually, but unless someone opens a thread for Clean Eating in September or Primal90/10 for September there will be no other concentrated support group that is better suited, and pretty much everyone booked off exceptions from W30 on this thread. I would not have signed up if I was the only one with devs.

Also, if you already know that dairy doesn't hurt you, plus W30 is designed with the clean Paleo rules, rather than clean Primal rules in mind. Perhaps, it will be better to give it another name, but don't we have enough names already for what is basically very much the same thing.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Agreed with Leida. My goals a bit different. I'm really just looking for support and accountability because various digestive issues require me to be very strict with my diet. Could I do it without yogurt? If I had access to kimchee and other fermented foods, yeah. Do I have the time/energy/budget to find/make that stuff right now? No.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jqlauren is offline Junior Member
    Can I ask what the difference is between clean paleo and clean primal?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jqlauren View Post
    Can I ask what the difference is between clean paleo and clean primal?
    Dairy, for the most part -- primal allows dairy and paleo does not.

Fatty meat to a degree -- primal encourages fatty meats (beef, chicken with skin, bacon) and paleo emphasizes lean meats (90% lean beef, skinless chicken, limited/no bacon) -- although (if I recall correctly) the fallback for primal if you don't know whether your meat is clean is to default to the leaner cuts (because the fat stores the toxins).
    Last edited by dragonjax; 08-22-2012 at 06:14 PM.

jqlauren is offline Junior Member
    Thanks!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I'm in for Sept. Actually, today is day 3 of my first W30, hubby and I are both in until Sept 18. We've been eating primal for over 2 years now, but are ready to reign things in a good bit. The timing works well, as we're off for a week vacation in Vegas at the end of Sept.

After 3 days, all is going well, as grains and legumes have been totally gone since the beginning, but sugar creeps in, excess cheese and cream too, and well, the regular wine and such aren't helping. Hubby's feeling the sugar elimination a lot more than me. We tightened things up a lot in the week preceding this, which I think helped a lot. Getting enough sleep and moving regularly are also in the plan.

Adrigg8 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started a "Whole30" 10 days ago and have really not been following it very well. Would like to just continue on in September and get more strict with what I allow myself to eat. The hardest part so far is the alcohol and sweets. Dairy, legumes, and grains (not in the form of alcohol) have really not been an issue. The sweets I have been eating are honey, lots of fruit, raw pre packaged store bought snacks, nut butter, and almond milk from trader joes which has some sort of sweetener it. All of this is fairly new to me so I continue to see what my weaknesses are and what foods I really enjoy that are good for me.

I think September is a great time to start a "Whole30" though! Right before the holiday food craze that is November and December, hoping to curb binge eating and drinking habits before all of the "celebrating" and enjoy what I am eating and be able to enjoy a glass of wine or two with family, no sweat and no guilty feelings.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast