Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 19

Ellen is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    On day 12 today -- going well, so far. Last night was a bit "interesting." Emotional eating urges hit for the first time since starting the Whole30. Stress and sadness -- I wanted to eat fruit and nuts and chocolate and heavy cream and more and more. I imagined delicious dried plums stuffed with macadamia nuts...Since our house is entirely Whole30 compliant (plus no fruit or nuts for our own reasons), instead I ate: 1 tablespoon coconut oil and about 1/2 cup of plain, dried coconut flakes. It was the weirdest "emotional eating" of my life. Obviously it didn't help my emotions (which I *know* it never will), and didn't satisfy the cravings, but the coconut oil did put me off wanting to eat anything else. It is not my favorite brand and on its own is not that great (unlike Nutiva, which I do enjoy off a spoon).

Today is grocery shopping day to get everything for the weekend batch cooking to prep meals for all of next week. We'll be doing 1) Green curry (shredded chicken, coconut milk, green curry paste, onions, cauliflower, green beans), 2) Sheppard's/Cottage Pie (ground beef, carrots, celery, onions, canned tomatoes, topped with mashed cauliflower), and 3) shredded chicken/guacamole lettuce cups. This will be Week 5 of batch cooking for the entire week and "super-budget" (no eating out, all foods cooked from scratch). Only other thing on the list is pork breakfast sausage links with all approved ingredients -- I guess that's the one item not from scratch each week. Little fat bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Balloons, bars of soap or salts, bulbs if you like gardening, indoor plants, discount tickets to a comedy club, or simply making time to go for a walk or a trip to a used book shop or a library to pick that guilty pleasure novel or a movie... Honestly, it is maybe because we have a young child, but for me celebration does not involve going out, but, erm, staying in while the child is otherwise engaged.
    Heh, heh Classic reward/celebration for parents, I hear. All kidding aside, lots of great ideas! Thanks for posting this

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Thanks so much everyone! What I ended up doing, was buying a massage for myself... I have never had one, but fortuitously I got an email from Living Social offering a 75 minute massage including heated stones, scalp and foot massage for just 39 dollars (normally 100) and that seemed like a really nice treat. I called up my cousin and she bought one too so we will go together and it will be less scary for me. =P
    Holy man! That is a frickin' awesome deal!!! The treatment sounds divine, too. Scalp massages are so lovely. Enjoy!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Ellen;947875]On day 12 today -- going well, so far. Last night was a bit "interesting." Emotional eating urges hit for the first time since starting the Whole30. Stress and sadness -- I wanted to eat fruit and nuts and chocolate and heavy cream and more and more. I imagined delicious dried plums stuffed with macadamia nuts...Since our house is entirely Whole30 compliant (plus no fruit or nuts for our own reasons), instead I ate: 1 tablespoon coconut oil and about 1/2 cup of plain, dried coconut flakes. It was the weirdest "emotional eating" of my life. Obviously it didn't help my emotions (which I *know* it never will), and didn't satisfy the cravings, but the coconut oil did put me off wanting to eat anything else. It is not my favorite brand and on its own is not that great (unlike Nutiva, which I do enjoy off a spoon).

Today is grocery shopping day to get everything for the weekend batch cooking to prep meals for all of next week. We'll be doing 1) Green curry (shredded chicken, coconut milk, green curry paste, onions, cauliflower, green beans), 2) Sheppard's/Cottage Pie (ground beef, carrots, celery, onions, canned tomatoes, topped with mashed cauliflower), and 3) shredded chicken/guacamole lettuce cups. This will be Week 5 of batch cooking for the entire week and "super-budget" (no eating out, all foods cooked from scratch). Only other thing on the list is pork breakfast sausage links with all approved ingredients -- I guess that's the one item not from scratch each week. Little fat bullets

Holly Hannah, Ellen: I'm coming to your place for dinner next week! /louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Anyone have any creative ideas for ways to celebrate/reward without food?
    I hate all that sugar crap -- I wouldn't waste a calorie or a second on ingesting that stuff. Isn't a great figure/body reward enough? Why do rewards have to come in external packages? What's wrong with intrinsic rewards. Rewards other than foods include: Getting hair done; mani + pedi; sexy new fall boots; earings; shoes; clothes; jacket or just plain rocking out the bodacious new body. I went bikini hunting today. I have a trip planned for Xmas and plan on rocking a few new bikinis --- I'm excited about the prospect of looking hot in a few strapless numbers. 7 more lbs and I'll be there! : Cue music :
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Here are the numbers for today as I continue into Day 11 of Whole 30 --- Still remaining in Ketosis:

Day 11 of 30: (Friday)
    Calories: 1014
    Fat: 70.5 - 63%
    Protein 62.6gm - 26%
    Carbs: 29.3gm - 11%
    weight: 149.4 (-5lbs) --- there's my 2nd swoosh in 2 days.

Although I'm happy to see the 149 on the scale, I'm not getting too excited until I'm in the 140's for a consistent week or two consecutively. I've been bouncing around between 149 and 154 for a few weeks, so I feel like it's a nice deja vue but my heart isn't fluttering until I see consistency.

I had my hair done today (that's always a nice treat). I then purchased a tank top and silk sweater for the fall. I tried on the clothes and damn I look good! I came out of the dressing room and I asked the stunning, young sales girl, "Do I look skinny in this?" And she said, "Oh nnnnnnnoooooooooooo -- you don't look too skinny at all". I was killing myself laughing inside because I do look skinny, but she must have misinterpreted my question. She likely thought that I was worried about looking too skinny! Ahahahahahahahah It was hilarious! I know I'm losing weight when the collarbones are more prominent -- it's a good look on me because of my height. The extra weight I was carrying just made me look 'round' rather than toned. I dislike sounding so vain -- apologies for that -- just trying to celebrate the small successes here.

I'm not so sure about the stats in fitfoods.com ---- I had a very small half rack of pork ribs and a salad for lunch and the calories showed up as 845 -- seems a bit inflated.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    F, 48, 5'10"

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Day 15 for me--halfway through! I, too, am going grocery shopping for the week today. I am just having some almonds before I go. It's dangerous in the grocery store!

Ellen, I agree, your meals sound delicious again!

Louisa, congrats on getting close to your goal! It's funny how different one's perspectives can be. I'm about 7 inches shorter than you but I would be ecstatic to get to 149 again. Long haul that will be a little too heavy for my height but I would not turn it down! I still have a ways to go. I would love to get to about 125. I was about 110 in high school (and still a size 7 pants--wide hip bones here) and 120 when I got married. But for now, I'm just trying to get down in the 160s. Baby steps.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I'm going grocery shopping tonight too after work, I can't wait. I have always loved grocery shopping but now that I'm primal it's better than ever and I enjoy spending time reading ingredients and picking through the vegetables. I also engage in lots of convo with the meat counter dudes, I have impressed them with my thirst for knowledge regarding cuts of meat and my lecturing another lady on how to properly cook a steak. :P

I think I would gladly kill a man to weigh 149 pounds. :P I weigh about twice that currently, but only a few pounds away from my very first major weight loss goal: first time in 6+ years being below 300 pounds. (I am a 29 year old 5'9" female, for reference.)

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    I have been so busy wrapped up at work that I havent posted in over a week! anywho just checking in, I have managed to remain in whole 30 ketosis (even though i had a really bad craving day) all in all so far so good. My diet staple has been pretty much eggs and vary red meats. I think been so busy (but not stressed) has really helped in my adherence. I am looking forward to another good weekend and week although I will have a few glasses of wine as it is my partner's bday.

That's it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLizard View Post

But for now, I'm just trying to get down in the 160s. Baby steps.
    Dear Primal Lizard: YOU WILL GET THERE! As an athlete, I've used all sorts of psych conditioning and visualization techniques. One important task my coach taught me was every morning, and every evening, to sit quietly and remove all distractions from my mind and focus on breathing from the belly. Once you are deep breathing and relaxed, begin to visualize yourself as you wish to see yourself. Picture yourself moving down in dress size and feel how that feels. Look at all the details in your mind as you see yourself finally putting on that little black dress as you prepare to go out for an evening with friends or family. Think about how great you feel, how lovely the dress feels, how strong you are as a person and how empowered you feel. Now walk through that exercise twice a day. There is a great quote: "You are what you think you are". That's a powerful thought. You are what you think you are. You are a strong lady, focused on your goal of greater health, more active lifestyle and regaining control over your body and your food choices. You will get there. /louisa
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I think I would gladly kill a man to weigh 149 pounds. :P I weigh about twice that currently, but only a few pounds away from my very first major weight loss goal: first time in 6+ years being below 300 pounds. (I am a 29 year old 5'9" female, for reference.)
    qqemokitty: Woot Woot -- look at us! We're both going to reach our first milestone together! OOOOO RAW! That's an awesome goal, on your way to your next milestone. Stay strong and use visualization techniques to envision what your next goal is. I love this quote: "Begin with the end in mind". As a little sidebar story: I learned to swim as an adult in 2005. I was a mess. I'd lay on my diningroom table with a book and try to get the arms going the right way. Next, all winter, I'd go to the local community swimming pool and set up my book and flounder around in the lanes. I swear the lifeguard thought she'd have to rescue me every damn week. Then, I joined a master's programme and was coached by Canada's Olympic team coach of 30 years, Cliff Barry. For the next 18 months, I worked my A** off in the pool. And in 2007, I competed in my first Ironman Competition and placed 1st in my category, but more importantly, I competed in the Master's Swim Competition and placed 6th in North America for the 1500m swim. My kids had never SEEN me in water before. It was one of the most defining moments of my life. I'm not sharing this little story because it's unique in any way. What I'm saying is that the human MIND is way stronger than the body. It's the mind that rules the body. It's the mind that is able to visualize a goal, figure out how to achieve the goal, and then have the tenacity to stick with the goal, even when the going gets tough. You, our little qqemokitty, are very capable of meeting your milestones, one at a time. Use the power of your mind to direct what you want your body to do ---- and once you have those goals --- don't take no for an answer. Dig deep and let nothing come between you and your goal :-)
    F, 48, 5'10"

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Louisa655 I know that what you wrote was for primal lizard but that spoke to me soooo loudly.

Just last night I was reading through the before and after thread and it came to me that I thought that I would never get to post

on that thread. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

So I started thinking about how I could change my thinking and here today you have written out a prescription that is perfect.

Thank you Louisa655 and everyone else who posts here it just goes to show that we never really know what affect we have on

others.

Jackie

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast