Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 17

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    I made a really good tomato sauce tonight and put in little pieces of leftover meatloaf (no breadcrumbs, of course) and served over spaghetti squash. It was super yummy and very satisfying. I did a workout today and felt a bit out of shape but good. I have been dealing with numbness in my thumb and arm for months (most likely due to computer use). It has gradually been getting better but I stopped lifting while my grip was so bad. It was good to get back to it. We have an olympic bar, bumper plates and just got a squat stand.

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Day 5 and feeling great! Just this morning I noticed that the eczema on my fingers is starting to heal! Can it really happen that fast? This is my 4th Whole30 (although #2 failed at day 27 and #3 failed at day 24), so maybe my body quicker to respond to this WOE since it's done this before.
    that's a a great win on the eczema!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Day 9 of my 3rd, Whole 30: All is good on this front. My clothes are falling off me and I'm actually putting clothes that no longer fit into a bin. I used to be able to just pull the belt buckle tighter, but even that is not working anymore (yeah!) The interesting things is that my weight seems to be stuck between 150-154. Hoping for a woosh soon --- kind of feeling like there's going to be one soon. I weigh myself daily - no big deal for me as I'm not obsessive -- just curious and wanting to document the journey. Cheers, everyone! /louisa
    that's great! I guess you'll need to go shopping soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Yesterday was Day 9 and the sweet cravings and caffeine desires are waning. We're making a lot of iced herbal teas for a hint of something non-savory. Teas with Blueberry, Mango, Lemon, Ginger, Orange -- all natural flavors, no sweeteners. None actually taste sweet, either, which is good for not inducing cravings. Just refreshing.

We did our weekly batch cooking over the weekend to prepare food for the entire week. This week is 1) stir fry shredded chicken (mix of light and dark meat) with vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, broccoli) in coconut oil, 2) meatballs (just ground beef + spices) in a chunky veggie/tomato sauce (onions, red/yellow bell peppers, zucchini, canned tomatoes), and 3) antipasto (sliced roasted chicken breast with mustard, salami, black olives, baby dill pickles, and celery hearts). This is the fourth week we've been consistent with our batch cooking and super budget (all meals from scratch and no eating out). We are doing at least 2 meals options per week, but trying for 3 to keep it interesting. Only during the second week did we have a meal choice that we both got really really sick of mid-week. That sucked. Otherwise it has been an effective strategy for us.
    Green tea has been my savior. Sometimes I just need something besides water. Your batch cooking method sounds like a good idea. I did a bunch of cooking on Sunday which helped out for the week but your meals sound pretty yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
    I got tempted by a couple of primal cookbooks on amazon, having more tasty primal recipes is always good right? _
    Two primal cookbooks are on their way to me right now, too.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    Day 2 for me, went well, but I honestly hate not drinking. Not that I have a drinking problem or anything, I just like to have a glass of wine or 2 in the evenings. Meh. maybe it's one of those things I will stop missing as whole30 progresses.
    i hear what u are saying. after 4-5 days, i no longer miss the glass of wine.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 5 is going okay so far, lunch was a BAS salad with Laverstoke Park Farm buffalo burgers (another company that does gluten free, no rusk no preservative burgers) and I have trout fillet + kale + green beans planned for dinner.

I'm struggling though with trying to keep nuts and fruit consumption down while keeping calories up, guess cooking my veggies in coconut oil or putting some EVOO on them after cooking might be the best way to do that. Another possibility is to stop with the IF-ing every day and have breakfast during this month.

On Day 6 and trucking along. Feeling good for the most part, except for yesterday my stomach was not agreeing with me at all. I think I might have upped the vegetables too fast, and my body is not handling the fiber. Today I'm feeling better, but sticking to sweet potatoes and meat.
    I also noticed that I'm breaking out a bit, which doesn't happen often for me. I don't want to attribute it to the Whole30 yet, but wonder if it's a detoxing thing, hormonal changes, or perhaps a reaction to upping my consumption of nuts?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida - not getting on the scales at least once a week and weighing in a big fear of mine too. I'm resisting getting on them in the spirit of the Whole30. I am still tracking my calories + other macros, I can't help it, I'm an addict >.<. I figure if I lose inches and feel awesome this month then screw the scales
    I tracked a couple of times, to make sure, I understand how much I can eat in order to be in ~ 30 g carbs range I am targeting, but my overall goal for this W30 is NO NUMBERS! I want to finally evolve into a person who, like, just eats, not follows her meal plans. But I do not want to sacrifice my goal of a better body for that. I need to see if that style of eating and my training come together nicely and lead to a stable body. Then I should access that stable body and will face my choices of lifestyle vs resultant body.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I tracked a couple of times, to make sure, I understand how much I can eat in order to be in ~ 30 g carbs range I am targeting, but my overall goal for this W30 is NO NUMBERS! I want to finally evolve into a person who, like, just eats, not follows her meal plans. But I do not want to sacrifice my goal of a better body for that. I need to see if that style of eating and my training come together nicely and lead to a stable body. Then I should access that stable body and will face my choices of lifestyle vs resultant body.
    This is what I am hoping for too! I am so tired of calorie counting and precise portion measuring and so forth. This whole 30 I have completely embraced the freedom from calorie counting and food logging and it makes meals SO much more enjoyable.

This is day 9 for me and I believe I have entered ketosis (made a thread about this in Odds and Ends) and I feel so incredible.

Yesterday my promotion at work was made official (became salaried, got a big raise, new title, etc) and my boyfriend and I wanted to celebrate but because I'm whole30 I can't really eat out anywhere.. not worth the effort or the risk. Besides I had AMAZING food at home that I wouldn't have to pay for! But it dawned on me that I have no idea how to reward myself without food. Sad, right?

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your promotion!

Last b-day I bought myself caviar, unfortunately it was not exactly the best caviar. After that I got the loch, and loch was awesome. I am big on the sea-food, so whenever I think about a treat, I end up with a seafood treat. Raw macadamia are also a huge treat for me. Last New Year, we made a fruit arrangement instead of the cake, my baby thought it was the best thing ever. Lol, I have my b-day, my hubby's b-day, a charity bake sale, and my daughter's b-day all coming up in the next 30 days. I planned out cupcakes and cake for my wee one party. I will make a cheese-cake for my husband & to bring to work for my b-day). I will dehydrate bananas and sweet potatoes for the charity.

But for me? I think I will go with deep fried squid with red pepper flakes (no breading required!) Unless I can find the real caviar!!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm in and planning a W30 with No exceptions. I even weighed and measured yesterday and won't look again until October 1st. For me exceptions equal a slippery slope, but everyone should do what works for them. I tried W30 in July and August with deviations and could not stay the course.

I am in a crisis situation. I have major health issues, have regained 30 lbs in the last year and a severe binge eating disorder has resurfaced. Granted 11 months ago my Mom died after a four year battle with ovarian cancer. I lost my way for a while, but I feel ready to get back in the game.

Good Luck everyone!
    I know what you are going through, I lost my mom September 22nd 2011 to metastatic breast cancer. While she was in hospice care I was there a lot with my dad and brother. We basically drank a case of beer per day between the three of us for 17 straight days until she passed away. Recovery from that took 6 months.

I'm on day 6 of this challenge myself, obsessing a bit, thinking about food all the time, but the first few days of going off sugar are always the hardest.

Good luck.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Karma, Good Luck to you too!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 1... I missed my coffee, but breakfast was fine. The IF thru lunch may have been a mistake, but I don't want anything "non-compliant", just wish I had brought a boiled egg or some beef. I've really trained myself to push thru hunger, you know, to save calories for "dessert". I'm cranky, foggy and out of it....

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast