Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 15

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks KimNKY

I will give that a go.

At least you have only added two days!

kmariel is offline Junior Member
    I'm on day 3 now and so far it has been really good! A little tired but still feeling great. Me and my boyfriend are doing whole 30 together and that makes it so much fun!
    On day 1 we had arctic trout for dinner with sweet potato mash mixed with garlic and coconut oil and some fresh mixed salad on the side.
    Yesterday I made one of mark's recipes, "pouched egg with spicy tomato sauce"... it was really good! we made a lot of the sauce so for dinner we cooked up some chicken that went grate with the spicy sauce.
    Day 3 is going great so far, had the tomato sauce for launch with eggs and salad so now the sauce is finally finished.. what can I say, I love eating leftovers!

Keep up the good work guys!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I can't figure out if that not stepping on the scale is a good thing or not. On one hand it sounds like a good idea, to concentrate inward and forget about the body image issues and the number games. On another hand, it feels like avoidance, right there with not looking in the mirror. I feel like a mess.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    I got home last night from a LOOONNNNGGGG work day and an intense workout, to my roommate taking apple pie out of the oven. I almost killed him. However, I ate my broccoli and chicken quietly and avoided pie and ice cream. Phew. Maybe I'll break out the almond/apple crisp recipe this weekend.

More importantly though, I am having that issue again where I bloat like crazy after a good workout. Any thoughts? People have said it could be lack of carbs, but I eat some carbs after I workout so... idk

I agree @Ledia, not stepping on a scale makes me feel like a mess.
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Thanks, c_bolton. I am glad to find out that I am not alone. I think I should stick though, to see if I feel better or worse in the end, and can make an informed choice about my being aware/not being aware of my weight. I kindda feel that I will need to make a lot of choices in the next few months about how I will deal with my body.

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Yeah Leida, I am trying to make some changes about how I deal with my body as well. Sleep or exercise? Weigh myself everyday or forget about the weight and go by how my body looks? I LOVE spending an hour and half to two hours every day running/walking/in the gym but it means I am eating dinner at 9:15pm and am pretty tired. I'm more than a year out of college but am still adjusting to being healthy and staying in shape without a team sport (I was a hockey player) and a with a full time job. Hard to keep all the balls in the air.
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Now that I am back at work, I find that it is easier to stay compliant. I may have trouble on the weekends, however.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I do not have problems with compliance for food choices - and I have it easier because I allow home-made quark and do not eliminate nuts and fruit (though my goal is to eliminate fruit) - however, I always eat more than needed on the weekends, quantity, not quality wise. Go figure. I assume that it is the inability to unwind in the alternative ways. But I was doing gardening for 2 days, happy as a clam, the most favorite thing in the world, saw my daughter off to the first grade, feeling so happy... and still vacuumed the fridge.

c_bolton: it is hard to changing the lifestyle! I am in the different place in life, when I have everything settled and structured and try to resolve the dilemma my body and mind pose me. My mind wants me to be 10 lbs lighter, if not 15. I am trying to figure out if my body is even happy where I am now, and can hold that weight without measuring & counting, while keeping the fitness level to current. And can I accept that my plumpness in perpetuity if I do feel vigorous and fed and not slipping in the world of food fantasies. It often feels like a lose-lose proposition, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-05-2012 at 08:15 AM.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    After three weeks of Primal/3 days of W30 I had my first urging cravings.

I have been feeling protein starved all day, despite having a 5 egg breakfast

I was home alone the whole time with no way to get anywhere to pick up food. Literally all we had was a can of tuna and fats/carbs.
    I wasn't inclined to eat any fat and had a small serving of watermelon, but the tuna just sounded so revolting to me. So I'm jonesing for some kind of meat and getting that desperate, crave-y, eat anything feeling. All I want in the whole world is chicken nuggets. Not Primal, free range, coconut flour chicken nuggets - I'm talking the freezer-burned bag of breaded pseudomeat at the bottom of the freezer.
    Chicken nuggets have ALWAYS been my favorite food but I was able to stop myself and think, if you eat chicken nuggets, you'll need ketchup. And if you have ketchup, you'll feel sick from the HFCS. And then you'll rationalize eating a bag of cookies. And then you'll pass out from your insulin spike. And when you wake up in the morning, you'll be FATTER.

So I held out - I did eat some watermelon so that'll put me out of where I want to be in terms of carbs, but I feel like it's a much better trade-off and it distracted me.

Mom just came home with steaks so we're in the clear now.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 8. Doing well food and craving wise, feeling no pain at all really. I do feel more energetic and cheerful.

I am having a problem with not weighing as well, and I have given in a few times. Not restarting my whole30 for that, though. =P My boyfriend is working with me to try to stop my obsessive and compulsive weighing... since I started my health kick I have definitely become obsessive, and it seems every time I walk past the downstairs bathroom where my roomie's scale lives, I have to have a mental fight with myself to NOT go in there and weigh. I was doing it sometimes 4-5 times a day which is obviously ridiculous.

I've been scaling it back, with great difficulty, to twice a week. Then it will be once a week. Then if I can, I will try to push for once a month. >.<

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast