Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 13

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today is day 15, and going very well. I'm not super strict in that I have kept the scale and the odd tiniest bit of non W30 approved ingredient in something else here and there I'm okay with. The big change for me has been the no dairy and alcohol part.

Here are my halfway results:

Day 1 *************** Day 15
    Height: 5 ft 6 in
    Weight: 150.6***********145.2 (-5.4 lb) Seriously?!
    waist: 29.5 in************28.75 in (-0.75 in)
    belly (at navel): 33 in*******31.5 in (-1.5 in)
    hips: 39.25 in************38.5 in (-0.75 in)
    right thigh: 23 in**********22.5 in (-0.5 in).

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    hi to those new to the thread! Day 11 for me. Had a huge sinus headache/stuffiness yesterday afternoon and into the evening. I did ok eating but probably ate more fruit than necessary. i cooked up a lot of food yesterday to have it for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, I did not make it through my BIL's 50th birthday without making very poor choices. Sigh, my Sept. Whole 30 is now a Whole 28. Beginning again.
    well, at least it was only 2 days in. good luck. this has been a good time for me to do it because there are very few social events for me. I am not strong at all in the face of temptation at social events.

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    On day 17 today! Doing well... Nothing too crazy. Trying to curb the snacking bw meals and find out what been irritating my stomach. I've recently picked up some kombucha, so well see if that does the trick.

MissPiggy, I think I have a nut addiction as well. They're my go to snack, but I've found that if I don't buy them, I won't eat them. Same goes for the nut butters. I also struggle w eating enough fat sometimes too! I've been having a bloated stomach in the evening and I'm wondering if the overconsumption of nuts may have triggered something. They're such a quick and easy treat! I miss them already

Anyway, I've been making some great dinners lately. I love squash season so I'm taking full advantage. Yesterday I made butternut squash soup, so Delish. Also made spaghetti squash. I tend to keep this made in the fridge and throw chicken on it, tuna, or whatever I want for a nice snack or meal.

Good luck everyone!
    I love squash, too. butternut is my favorite. the soup sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Hello all :-) I've been lurking in this month's thread and had been in last month's thread and am going to officially join in. Today will be my 34th day of Whole30 and I'm really enjoying eating so cleanly. I wish everyone well and look forward to taking the journey together!
    glad you're joining in this time. please share any of your wisdom with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Today is day 15, and going very well. I'm not super strict in that I have kept the scale and the odd tiniest bit of non W30 approved ingredient in something else here and there I'm okay with. The big change for me has been the no dairy and alcohol part.

Here are my halfway results:

Day 1 *************** Day 15
    Height: 5 ft 6 in
    Weight: 150.6***********145.2 (-5.4 lb) Seriously?!
    waist: 29.5 in************28.75 in (-0.75 in)
    belly (at navel): 33 in*******31.5 in (-1.5 in)
    hips: 39.25 in************38.5 in (-0.75 in)
    right thigh: 23 in**********22.5 in (-0.5 in).
    great results so far! I'm waiting until the end but I know I've shed water weight.

KimNKY is offline Member
    Reporting in on my first day! I think it went well and I feel okay- will feel better after I'm done detoxing/recovering from the weird weekend I posted about earlier. Any comments or constructive criticism are welcome!

Morning: 2 omega3 enhanced eggs, 2 homemade turkey sausage patties, 1/2 cup of sweet potato cubes cooked in coconut oil, lemon detox tea.
    Lunch: small-ass salad with romaine lettuce, baby carrots, yellow squash, vinegar and olive oil.
    Snack: peach, iced coffee with coconut milk.
    Dinner: Primal-ized chicken tagine: 3 chicken legs (2 with skin, 1 without), sauce made of bone broth, spices, and preserved lemon peel. 1 cup of steamed chopped cauliflower.

I had more carbs than I wanted to, most of which came from the peach and then little bits from the vegetables throughout the day. I think I'll cut them back more by just having a half piece of fruit, since the peaches I have are huge.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    Day 2 went pretty awesome, I was suprised by the fact I still felt full of energy once I'd finished at work (I was a bit like the energerize bunny in fact ). So I put it to good use and went to lift heavy things at the gym. Food-wise I had a BAS with mackerel fillet for lunch, beef burgers (made from my throw mince and few herbs together recipe) and asparagus tips for dinner and then frozen blackberries, blueberries + raspberries with coconut milk + cinnamon.

Day 3 (which is today) is going well too, I've got food all planned out - lunch is a BAS with beef burgers (gluten, wheat and presative free ones from a company called Muddy Boots) and dinner is trout fillet + broccoli + kale and possibly some cashew nuts for dessert.

JayGee is offline Member
    Day 3 went really well. My husband grilled chicken thighs and they were so delicious! I suddenly feel a lot more alive. I took my girls to the splash pad (playground with sprinklers) last night and instead of sitting and watching like all the other parents do, I PLAYED! The girls were so happy to have Mama running through the spray with them, playing tag, climbing on the play structures and going down the slide. At first I felt a little silly (after all, I am 44), but then I just surrendered to the joy of play.

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Today is Day 4 for me. The hardest thing is usually when I have to go to the cafeteria at work - while I can get Paleo things I tend to get tempted. So, I cooked and packed my meals for the week. Spinach and bacon fritta for breakfasts, chicken fajitas for lunches... Also packed a bunch of little baggies of snacks (mac nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, grapes, blackberries, etc) in case I get the munchies.

Good luck everyone
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've already had to reboot my clean-eating Primal September. Every time I cut sugar out, it comes back with a vengeance at the end of the restriction period. I had ice cream a couple of times over the weekend (with hot fudge!) and a mild acne flare-up as a result. Fortunately, no yeast infection, so that seems to be dealt with (recurring issue last month). Now, to figure out how to keep sugar out of my diet and at a minimum for the rest of my life...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    I took my girls to the splash pad (playground with sprinklers) last night and instead of sitting and watching like all the other parents do, I PLAYED! .
    That is what life should be about.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Hey all,

Just completed my first day of the Whole30. I have a quick question concerning fats. I'm currently living in Turkey, and am having a hard time finding a market with organic/grass-fed meat - specifically beef and lamb. As a result, the only fats I'm eating right now are coming from the coconut oil I brought over with me from the States, and a few eggs a day. The majority of my protein comes from chicken, eggs and fish, but I NEED to eat more fat. So, should I go ahead and get the regular beef or lamb from the butcher's market, and not worry about how the meat was raised OR continue to only eat coconut oil/olive oil and eggs, thereby restricting the amount of fat in my diet. As a side note, olives, for now, are out. I ate a few olives yesterday morning before reading the ingredients, found "corn oil" written on the side (in english) and immediately subsisted. I would go hog-wild on the olives if I could find unprocessed ones, but since I'm not yet familiar with Turkish, it's difficult to read ingredient lists at the deli where olives are sold. Also, avocados are not in season yet..

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Day 7 for me, yay! Things are still going really well for me. I think the transition has been extra easy because I was already mostly primal (aside from some naughty gf bread) for a couple weeks.

I am still missing my chocolate whole milk from the local dairy but otherwise I am feeling great.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast