Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 12

Moll is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    I've been really careful not to preach or say anything besides "no thanks", but it's so frustrating! Especially when they talk about needing to get into better shape and clearly have no energy...............Starting tomorrow morning with a breakfast of sweet potatoes, avocado, and eggs cooked in coconut oil.
    2 Things: SERIOUSLY frustrated by the same kind of thing - I feel like I've gotten to the point where I am READY to make a change - I know what I need and am going to do what it takes! To have people going, "oh yeah, I know I need to do something for my health" and then opening a gallon of ice cream...well, sorry, but it doesn't seem like you really KNOW because it's not important enough to you!

The second thing: Eggs cooked in coconut oil are unbelievably delicious! :-D

sunsis is offline Member
    i'll probably use this to kick start this month. last month was naughty for me. it was my birthday so it was filled with mudcrab sandwiches and cheesecake. ready to get going now...plus i feel gross and have no energy.

ill probably still eat small amounts of yogurt but i shouldnt eat cheese, i get eczema from it on my face =( WHY OH WHY DID I WANT CHEESECAKE BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! hopefully my face will clear up quickly with some nice clean fuel.

JayGee is offline Member
    Day 2! I made the tomato and egg dish from the main MDA page yesterday and it was SO freaking delicious! For dinner tonight I made "garbage stir fry" from the NomNomPaleo site and loved every bite. I even whipped frozen raspberries with coconut milk for a delicious "dessert". So far, so good.

Spooky_Rach is offline Member
    I started yesterday (2nd September) and it went remarkably well considering I was staying over at my OH's. I had 3 eggs + gluten free sausages (local farm shop ones with just meat + potato starch) for lunch and for dinner I couldn't be bothered with cooking, so I had frozen blackberries + frozen blueberries + raspberries with 1/2 coconut milk and a pack of cashews.

MissPiggy is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I will be starting tomorrow. However 2 things seem difficult for me:
    1. Nuts are allowed, and I have a tendency to binge on nuts and nut butters (even after being sugar free for years and grain free for months). Tips on how to limit this are welcome. Cutting them out completely results in lack of fat and calories, and makes me nuts...
    2. I didn't do dairy for years because of intolerance. I have re-introduced this succesfully after healing my gut. I only eat home made yoghurt and hard cheeses. And this has been such a marvellous development for me, after years of doing without. And I am not sure I can give them up now. It is easy to give up things that make you sick or feel bad, but how do you give up something that actually feels/tastes so good and has no apparent negative consequenses?

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    So I'm popping in here because I just started Whole30 - without the book, just with the stuff off the website. I'm planning to stick to it as completely as possible, and hopefully feel better!
    Some background:
    I'm soon to be 17, 5'5", weigh ~168 and want to come down to 140.
    I've had bulimia and binge eating disorders in the past, so I'm doing this to correct my perspective on food and to help drop some weight.
    I've been Primal about two weeks, with the past few days being difficult after I was served a salad that had HFCS in the dressing, I unknowingly stuffed my face with it and have had a shaky grasp on my cravings the past few days.
    So I'm also Whole30-ing to have some strict structure to follow to cleanse further

So today, I've had a good first day so far.
    4 eggs fried in CO in the morning, with a bowl of French onion soup I made with the bone stock I made from lamb bones. It was seriously fantastic. That was 6 hours ago and I'm still not hungry!
    Last edited by golangrok; 09-03-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I did not make it through my BIL's 50th birthday without making very poor choices. Sigh, my Sept. Whole 30 is now a Whole 28. Beginning again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    On day 17 today! Doing well... Nothing too crazy. Trying to curb the snacking bw meals and find out what been irritating my stomach. I've recently picked up some kombucha, so well see if that does the trick.

MissPiggy, I think I have a nut addiction as well. They're my go to snack, but I've found that if I don't buy them, I won't eat them. Same goes for the nut butters. I also struggle w eating enough fat sometimes too! I've been having a bloated stomach in the evening and I'm wondering if the overconsumption of nuts may have triggered something. They're such a quick and easy treat! I miss them already

Anyway, I've been making some great dinners lately. I love squash season so I'm taking full advantage. Yesterday I made butternut squash soup, so Delish. Also made spaghetti squash. I tend to keep this made in the fridge and throw chicken on it, tuna, or whatever I want for a nice snack or meal.

Good luck everyone!

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Hello all :-) I've been lurking in this month's thread and had been in last month's thread and am going to officially join in. Today will be my 34th day of Whole30 and I'm really enjoying eating so cleanly. I wish everyone well and look forward to taking the journey together!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, I did not make it through my BIL's 50th birthday without making very poor choices. Sigh, my Sept. Whole 30 is now a Whole 28. Beginning again.
    social engagements are the worst! i am officially a hermit for my first whole30. :3 you can do it, good luck!

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast