Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: September Whole 30!!! Who's with me!?!?! page 10

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    good luck to you on the baking. you are very strong to do that. my husband suggested I make waffles for the kids and I just stared at him for about a minute. Uh, no. Can't handle that right now.
    Thank you. The way I see it, the importance of Whole 30 and Primal is to make such things 'no big deal' to handle, and how would this skill be acquired without practice? After all, I learned not to feel sorry for baked goods other work bring to the office, and enjoy the smell from the cafe-shops in the morning without guilt or triggering the desire.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Misti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imnes View Post
    It always surprises me how pale a store-bought yolk is compared to a fresh egg. And the home grown ones are much more flavorful too. Not sure if it's something the commercial chickens are fed, or the processing they do to the store-bought eggs.
    I think it's what they're not eating, Imnes. They're not eating greens and bugs and other chicken deliciousness. Commercial (CAFO) chickens get no sunlight and eat only what's cheap to feed them. Sick hens lay sick (pale) eggs.

Misti is offline Member
    I had to go find out exactly what's involved, but I'm in. I guess my afternoon snack of 90% chcocolate is out. Otherwise it's not too different from what I've been doing anwyay -- but tightenign up would be a good thing.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like most of us have already started out whole30- I'm on day 14. For the rest of my time I want to focus on eating bigger meals and try to curb the snacking on fruit. Sometimes I feel as if I've failed the whole30 bc I'm not eating enough or eating big enough meals.... I know it's not the case, but my thinking is off on this! Haha

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Yep I am in. I am starting on the 3rd September.
    My husband and two (grown) kids are joining me for this!
    I hope to see some changes in body composition and to slay that sugar dragon
    So sad to realise this morning though that bacon is out!!!! This afternoon might find me searching for sugar free bacon me thinks.

JayGee is offline Member
    Starting tomorrow morning. Hoping it will help with eczema and break the sugar binge cycle I seem to be stuck in.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    JayGee I am battling eczema also. I am thinking that sugar has a lot to answer for (that is my hope really).

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    My boyfriend and I will start our first whole30 tomorrow! My challenge will be to say NO to everyone who offers me junk at work.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Well, day one of the Whole 30 is about done for me. I just had green Thai chicken curry that I made myself for dinner. I'm hoping that I'll have lost ten pound by the end of September. I think that's a modest goal for a 6 foot, 238 lb fellow like myself. For breakfast I had four eggs cooked in coconut oil and lunch was a meat spaghetti sauce that I made. All in all, a good start.

I hope you all have a great first Whole 30 day!!!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in and planning a W30 with No exceptions. I even weighed and measured yesterday and won't look again until October 1st. For me exceptions equal a slippery slope, but everyone should do what works for them. I tried W30 in July and August with deviations and could not stay the course.

I am in a crisis situation. I have major health issues, have regained 30 lbs in the last year and a severe binge eating disorder has resurfaced. Granted 11 months ago my Mom died after a four year battle with ovarian cancer. I lost my way for a while, but I feel ready to get back in the game.

Good Luck everyone!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast