Haha, hope you like my journal title - I swapped the term 'farmer' for 'grazier' as that is more what we do. Farming I guess is associated with annual crops and grain production, whereas we don't do any of that, we raise 100% grassfed beef & lamb, so it's more like ye olde herding. I tried paleo after a couple of customers introduced me to it and couldn't believe the results: I'd also swapped my dog onto a raw bone diet and he looke dgreat so I figured if he looked so good eating his 'natural' diet, I probably would too! It was also great to put my money where my mouth is, something I always like to do, and be grain free myself like the livestock are and TRULY eliminate grain production from my life.

I'm in the midst of reproduction because I just had my first baby 5mo ago and feel like paleo has really helped regain my figure and feed my humungous baby myself - she's exclusively breastfed and already well over 20lbs and I didn't experience the 4month blip like so many other seem to, she's never been hard for me to feed in terms of milk supply, I never once felt I'd 'run out'. It's been so good I'm also going for my second very soon, as soon as I can really, and I thought it'd be interesting for other paleo mums to read about my experiences. I'ma ware 2 kids so close together is going to be very hard and not really what a cavewoman would have done but let's face it, I DON'T live in a cave and this isn't some kind of reconstruction - I have a really good food supply and modern medical support and comfort, and I have a career to think about!

So - I'm Nat, I'm 26 in a few days' time, I have a 5mo daughter and I raise grassfed beef. I also really enjoy knitting and riding and driving oxen, but really any animal will do. Animal/pre internal combustion engine transport is my massive geeky hobby and maybe some of that will creep in here too...