Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cold sore page 3

PMAC is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree. I take lysine daily and it keeps my cold sores at bay. If I feel one trying to start I ramp up the amount for a day or two. Don't take Aclyvar (sp?), very nasty side affects and it has not proven to be more affective than lysine therapy. Also I think my daily consumption of coconut oil may help as it is supposed to be antiviral. Lastly, keep stress at a minimum as well as foods high in arginine. Both will trigger an outbreak.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I did look up high arginine foods cause I had no idea---thanks for that! I would prefer not to go on any pharmeceuticals for this...as I know I can wait it out. Swelling/puffiness seems to be the worst right when I wake in the morning.

I haven't had a cold sore since I started lifting weights, for me it had nothing to do with primal.

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Cold sores are technically called "herpes simplex virus whatever" but it is not transmittable to others. I've had cold sores all my life, and never once has my husband or other relationships had any, even when kissing me during an outbreak. It's absolutely not an StD because it is not transmitted sexually. I'm pretty sure I started getting them after I got chicken pox. I was also in the military and I got tested for StDS routinely, and I've never been positive for anything.

So anyways, now that we cleared that bullshit up. I have a prescription for Denavir, It's AMAZING. I use that in combination with a Lysine supplement and a Lysine topical treatment (Blue package, I think it says Quantum on it). I went to the doc for something unrelated, and she said by the way, here's some Denavir LOL.

Stay away from chocolate, peanuts, etc. ALso, If you take Lysine every day to prevent them, you will build up a tolerance. I took Lysine supplements for about 8 months and was totally good, but then I started getting them again, so I doubled my supplement during the outbreak and then stopped. So I only take supplements when I have an outbreak now.

Good luck to you!
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

WebMD once told me that 92% of humans have this, but only a small percentage exhibit the symptoms you know as cold sores.

Heathen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonapple View Post
    cold sores are technically called "herpes simplex virus whatever" but it is not transmittable to others. I've had cold sores all my life, and never once has my husband or other relationships had any, even when kissing me during an outbreak. It's absolutely not an std because it is not transmitted sexually. I'm pretty sure i started getting them after i got chicken pox. I was also in the military and i got tested for stds routinely, and i've never been positive for anything.

So anyways, now that we cleared that bullshit up. I have a prescription for denavir, it's amazing. I use that in combination with a lysine supplement and a lysine topical treatment (blue package, i think it says quantum on it). I went to the doc for something unrelated, and she said by the way, here's some denavir lol.

Stay away from chocolate, peanuts, etc. Also, if you take lysine every day to prevent them, you will build up a tolerance. I took lysine supplements for about 8 months and was totally good, but then i started getting them again, so i doubled my supplement during the outbreak and then stopped. So i only take supplements when i have an outbreak now.

Good luck to you!
    wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Oh? You pointed out nothing. My 20+ years of living with cold sores is NOT wrong to me, so sharing my experience with them certainly has no impact on you.

I've visited several web sites since my reply to you, and ALL of them say HSV-1 is NOT sexually transmitted.

Heathen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    Oh? You pointed out nothing. My 20+ years of living with cold sores is NOT wrong to me, so sharing my experience with them certainly has no impact on you.
    Your write, I was in a rush and didn’t have time to post anything more.
    You can live in denial if you like but you its not very nice of you to spread disinformation.
    Back to your earlier post: just because your husband has not had a cold sore does not mean that he doesn’t have the virus.
    BTW, typical STD screenings do not test for HSV.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    HSV-1 is more commonly found orally, but CAN BE transmitted to genitals. Either form of the virus can exist in either location, it's just less likely. It is most DEFINITELY transmittable to others. True that someone may never show symptoms. You can also pass it when it is "dormant" (not visible). It only shows up in testing if you have an actual sore.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123