Thread: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas page

DaniPani is offline Junior Member

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

Primal Fuel
    I'm very new to the Primal way of life and I had a mighty fierce craving for enchiladas and they turned out AMAZING. Seriously, I didn't even miss the corn tortillas. I wanted to share this deliciousness with everyone else. FYI: There is dairy in this recipe. I haven't cut it out yet but I have cut it back. Also, I would suggest that you either put these together and keep in the fridge overnight and then bake or bake but wait until the next day and reheat. The reason behind this is that the first night the egg crepes were super eggy tasting (probably because I used the whole egg and not just whites). Some of you might not mind but I was a little put off as was my boyfriend.

Ingredients

Sauce:
    1 cup roasted green chile (I used Bueno Hot Autumn Roast but you could use canned although I'm not a fan)
    1/4 cup Organic Sour Cream
    1/2 cup cream of mushroom soup (I made primal friendly substitutions)
    1/3 cup diced onion

Filling:
    2-3 cups cooked chicken

Egg Crepes:
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup Heavy Cream

1 cup grated cheddar (I used Kerrygold aged cheddar. Drool.)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350

Chop up the chicken and set aside. Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.

For the "tortillas", I blended the eggs and cream together and cooked about a 1/4 cup at a time over medium heat in an well oiled egg pan for about 2 minutes a piece until they were almost cooked all the way through. Set aside on a plate.

Once the crepes are slightly cooled, place some of the chicken in a crepe, roll up and place in a greased 8x8 pan. Repeat. Once all of the crepes are in place, pour the sauce on top and shake the pan to distribute. Top with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes OR refrigerate overnight and then bake at the same temp for 40 minutes.

I had these over a bed of greens with fresh pico. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. It made me miss New Mexico something fierce.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Yummy! I want to make these tonight! Will try to post pics...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

DaniPani is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hope you liked them!