Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and primal page 3

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by michellethompson View Post
    but what about something like vodka, soda and fresh lime? Or even the flavoured vodkas?
    Blueberry vodka, soda and lime!
    Try it
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    If I where you and was on vacation, I would have a brandy and diet coke.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Ew. IMO, that is a great way to ruin a good brandy.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    So I am not sure how we can categorically classify all alcohol as not being primal or having no or negligible benefits...
    We can (and no doubt will ) argue all day long about the health benefits, but alcohol itself is certainly primal, all you have to do is leave some fruit out in the sun and boom the little yeasties find it and away you go.

Without a doubt, Grok was more exposed to alcohol than to other non-primal MDA faves like coffee and butter. Hell, the Caribbean has all kinds of alcoholic binge drinking monkeys getting their buzz on from fermenting sugar cane, we're hardly the only primates to have sussed it out.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I love wine and beer. I drink tons of beer, from Budweiser to IPA's. I'm not a beer snob.
    you're also not primal and/or paleo so your input isn't really helpful or valid to the topic. Not attacking your choices, to each his own, but it's a bit pointless to contribute when you're not following the basic premise of the site/community.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    If I were you and were going on a nice vacation, I'd just have your drink of choice and forget about the whole Primal/not Primal argument. Just go and enjoy yourself. Get back on the program to your high standards when you return home. I'm going to Sri Lanka in October for a week and can guarantee you i'll be having some alcohol, no matter what it is. :-) Enjoy.

I guess I asked for the comment about ruining a good brandy with coke!
    Thanks for your input, I realise I can just go ahead and have what I want, but I don't want to undo all
    My good works! The blueberry vodka sounds nice!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michellethompson View Post
    Has anybody got any good research on this subject?
    Nope and I'm not going to. When I went on holiday I just had what I wanted and was prepared to accept that I was naughty.

The way I see it, life is for living, not just existing. I am now back to normal and because I wasn't too naughty, am not suffering at all.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    We can (and no doubt will ) argue all day long about the health benefits, but alcohol itself is certainly primal, all you have to do is leave some fruit out in the sun and boom the little yeasties find it and away you go.

Without a doubt, Grok was more exposed to alcohol than to other non-primal MDA faves like coffee and butter. Hell, the Caribbean has all kinds of alcoholic binge drinking monkeys getting their buzz on from fermenting sugar cane, we're hardly the only primates to have sussed it out.
    I would like to see some drunkey Monkeys and I agree with u. Sure from a weight loss standpoint it is advisable but it sure is primal!

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Diet Coke?? Better off with the "real thing".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast