Thread: Lemon balm page

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member

Lemon balm

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have experience with the therapeutic effects? I have a big pot steeping right now from a bunch I just picked from the garden. I'm not a big fan of tea but I figure I'll cool most of it and drink it cold. I've been reading good things about it being helpful as an antibaterial/fungal, good for IBS, ADHD, anxiety and a host of other issues.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the therapeutic effects? I have a big pot steeping right now from a bunch I just picked from the garden. I'm not a big fan of tea but I figure I'll cool most of it and drink it cold. I've been reading good things about it being helpful as an antibaterial/fungal, good for IBS, ADHD, anxiety and a host of other issues.
    Don't forget thyroid suppressing. This is one of the main herbs to treat hyperthyroidism.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    *sigh* used to love the stuff... now have to avoid it like the plague due to high oxalic acid content (I'm on a Kidney stone prevention plan).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it makes a lovely tea for relaxing. Not entirely sure it's effective for anti-anxiety...but general stress, sure. We (well, my wife) grow a bunch and dry it for use throughout the winter.