Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 mile ride in 31 days and just went Primal yesterday... page 2

jocks is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Try Infinit Nutrition. You make a custom formula in a flavor profile that is to your liking. On a recent 68 mile ride, I had two bottles of infinit with a banana and a larabar for breakfast, and I felt great! It is a pricier option, but totally worth it.

Infinit Nutrition | Custom Sports Nutrition Solutions | USA

On a ride, try mini Larabars or Bonk Breakers

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I haven't done any long bike rides like that but I've done plenty of backpack trips and all-day adventure hikes, which have similar exertion levels and duration. I find if you are fat-adapted you need very little fuel during this kind of activity. I've used pemmican, but also I've used beef jerky, nuts and I once made melted dark chocolate mixed with coconut butter and macadamia nuts that were poured into muffin papers. Those got a little melty but were fairly tasty. A higher carb option I've enjoyed has been dates with cheese, but that was more of a treat than a necessity. I really don't need to eat a whole lot differently when I hike, and in fact, I seem to be able to get away with a little less food than normal.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12