Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link to Article World Renown Surgeon Backs Primal Practices! page

elan.joelle is offline Junior Member

Link to Article World Renown Surgeon Backs Primal Practices!

Primal Fuel
    He is supporting everything that Primal is! It's always good to have reinforcement from someone in the Medical Industry

World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease | MyScienceAcademy

Paleobird Guest
    Indeed. I like how he approaches it from the inflammation angle. That makes all the various aspects of primal, sugar, grains, O3/O6, click into one unified theory. This would be a great article to mail to skeptical friends and relatives who think you are on some weird fringe diet pushed by some internet guru, not a real doctor.

This guy is a very real doctor and is flat out saying, "We, the medical establishment, got it wrong". Good stuff. Thanks for sharing this.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it matters, maybe it doesn't, seems the dude has a chequered past as a doctor (which he no longer is, having lost his license).

Between 2000 and 2008, Lundell was subjected to five regulatory actions by the Arizona Medical Board:

In 2000, the board concluded that his postoperative management of a patient who died following carotid artery surgery was substandard and insufficiently documented. He was censured for unprofessional conduct, assessed a $2,500 civil penalty, and placed on probation during which he was required to take continuing medical education courses in carotid artery surgery and medical recordkeeping. He was also required to submit to monitoring of his patient records.

In 2003, the board noted that 13 out of 20 charts reviewed by the consultant were deficient because they did not include adequate initial evaluations of the patients. Lundell was censured again and was placed on probation that included quarterly chart reviews.

In 2004, the board found fault with his management of two patients and concluded that his records for these patients were inadequate. He was reprimanded and ordered to serve two more years of probation, during which he was required to undergo an extensive evaluation of his fitness to continue practicing medicine.

In 2006, the board sent him an advisory letter for failure to maintain adequate records and for a technical surgical error.

In 2008, the board reviewed Lundell's management of several more patients and revoked his medical license. The board's order
    indicated that the board began investigating his care of seven patients after the Banner Desert Medical Hospital suspended Lundell's surgical privileges.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    Maybe it matters, maybe it doesn't, seems the dude has a chequered past as a doctor (which he no longer is, having lost his license).
    Eww. Nice catch. Good to know.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Seems kinda like separate issues to me. What does him keeping insufficient records of some patients have to do with his credibility in terms of nutrition regarding heart disease?
    -Chuck

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Seems kinda like separate issues to me. What does him keeping insufficient records of some patients have to do with his credibility in terms of nutrition regarding heart disease?
    I don't think it matters, personally. His message is still valid. But it might matter to someone you are trying to impress with how a "world renown surgeon" is pro-Primal.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I don't think it matters, personally. His message is still valid. But it might matter to someone you are trying to impress with how a "world renown surgeon" is pro-Primal.
    Yeah, it totally causes me to discount the 'world renowned' part in the thread title.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Jimmy Moore interviewed this guy, twice, the second time after this article of his randomly went viral. Pretty old news for some.

impala454 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah true enough Paleobird... though I am utterly sick of trying to impress people with it. I'm so tired of the "OMG you look great, what'd you do?" <Fill in primal blueprint explanation>, followed by rolling/glazed over eyes and a "oh well that doesn't work/wouldn't work for me/could never give up bread." From now on I'm just going to say I eat twinkies and drink beer all day.
    -Chuck

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by impala454 View Post
    Yeah true enough Paleobird... though I am utterly sick of trying to impress people with it. I'm so tired of the "OMG you look great, what'd you do?" <Fill in primal blueprint explanation>, followed by rolling/glazed over eyes and a "oh well that doesn't work/wouldn't work for me/could never give up bread." From now on I'm just going to say I eat twinkies and drink beer all day.
    I hear ya. Some people are not worth the effort to try to convince. Like pounding your head against the wall of ignorance. But I do try to get through to some people I really care about like my sister who is way overweight but thinks she's getting healthy by giving up bacon and eggs for Kashi and non-fat milk in the morning and then wondering why it isn't working.

If you show someone a really cool new concept from the internet, for them on the outside looking in at first glance it might be hard to take Mark any more seriously than the 30bad clown. Just another fit looking guy with a plan. Having a real live doctor convinces some people. That's why "doctors" like "Dr" Oz are so insidious. People believe the white coat can't be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast