Hi Y'all,

Soooo... after 3 weeks without even a hint of bread, I decided to try a recipe I saw on youtube for coconut bread. It's simple, quick and looked... well... spongy, but edible.

2 eggs
2 teaspoons coconut flour (approximately)
2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (I used half and half)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all together in a ramekin or small glass Pyrex type dish (wipe with coconut oil first) Mixture will be somewhat thin... a bit thinner than pancake batter.
Microwave on high for 90 seconds or so. It will sort of puff up, but go back down when you take it out.

Let cool, then run a knife around edges and flip out of container... slice through the middle. When I make it again I'll probably be able to get three slices... last night I got two slices.

I topped it with organic cream cheese, bacon and organic spinach... WOW! It was SO good! It doesn't have much taste in its own, and it's a tag eggy. I love eggs, so no big deal.

It is EXTREMELY filling... I couldn't eat it all and was uncomfortably full for hours... ugh. I seemed to get more full as time went on. Next time I'll only have half. (or less!)

I can see how it can be made better.... it really could have used some herbs and spices... maybe a tablespoon of Parmesan and fresh thyme, oregano, basil... or you could do a sweet version with a touch of raw honey, real maple syrup, or coconut nectar. Add cinnamon and a bit of cream cheese while it's still hot.... yum.

Not for every day, but for those times when you really want a sandwich, pretty darn good. Quick and easy to make, too.